news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-03-2005, 01:44 AM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Royce's new album

yo, has anyone heard any shit of the new royce da 5'9" album.
is it good or not, cause i was feeling MIC mixtape etc just seeing if it is the same sort of sound or different.
cheers

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:12 AM   #2
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

PDTantisocial shaolin monk
Default Re: Royce's new album

It ain't at all like MIC or Death Is Certain, I was pretty dissapointed, but it's worth a listen, especially for a Royce fan. Too bad the first song I heard off it was Wet My Whistle, that is the worst shit from Royce I've ever heard, tha production ain't that good, I've only listened to it once and nothing really kicked my ass like Throw Back or Hip-Hop or I & Me or Something's Wrong With Him or Buzzin' or Dope or Basic or Stand Up.
In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
PDTantisocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ok, yeah i was really liking death isw certain with all the dark shit on it. it's a shame to hear that the album aint that good, i was looking forward to some dark beats with royce's skillz on the mic. Was nottz producing it or what, props for the info anyway

Old 07-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

I've heard it, apart from a few songs it was mostly garbage to me. Couldn't get into the beats at all. Sounded like crunk throwaways.
Antibody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
mauzip

mauzip grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to mauzip Send a message via AIM to mauzip Send a message via Yahoo to mauzip

I didn't even bother to download this.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
Longbongcilvaringz

shit, all sounds pretty negative, might not even bother to buy it now. damn

Old 07-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #7
tha realness
85 %ER

tha realness shaolin monk

its not that bad if your a royce fan. lyrically its dope, too many shitty guest appearances hurt it though. there a few really bad songs, but a few are dope. i think nottz has like 2 beats on there, overall id sat its 7/10, but im a huge royce fan.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

I'm not really a Royce fan because I haven't heard much from him, but I'd give this album 6/10. 5 for beats, 7 for lyrics.
Antibody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

k, cheers

Old 07-04-2005, 01:31 AM   #10
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

PDTantisocial shaolin monk

Nottz does a few tracks, there's a bunch from a dude named K.I.D.D., it sucked that Asar only did one cuz I think he did like tha best shit off his last 2 CD's.
In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
PDTantisocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:04 AM   #11
Undertaker

Easy come, easy go.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 AM   #12
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

I havent heard it yet, but alot of peeps were sayin the shit was sorry