news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #46
WallyG
CHICKEN HEAD

WallyG grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkz
hip hop itself isnt dying, its just the style that 95% of us here on wucorp enjoy is dying, music like everything else in life changes with time, all genres and sub genres of music evolve, change, develop as time goes by, when hip hop started it wasnt on the lyrical deep thinking tip as Bone Collecta pointed out, alot of people need to pull their heads out of the sand, realise we're not stuck in the early 90s any more and get into the two-thous. we're in the most technological advanced time in HISTORY and EVERYTHING in life reflects that from electronics to cars to houses to fashion to MUSIC. when wutang dropped 36 chambers, nas did illmatic, dre's chronic, rappers had the image of just a mofo livin in same hood as an oridinary person, hustlin for dollas and cents, wearin the same clothes as everyone else in the hood, drivin the same cars and shit, their rhymes reflected that, but now with rappers living like movie stars, videos of rappers with $50,000 fur coats and shit and whatever, their music is reftlecting the million dolla mansions they own, the 5 top range cars, never wearing the same clothes twice, just like mid 80s to mid 90s hip hop reflected the environment of the rapper, yeah they had theyre million dolla mansions and 5 cars aswell, but we've gone from havin the portrayal of a gangsta bein a local mofo in a lowrider with khaki pants, a hoody and air jordans to $50,000 mink suits and $50,000 worth of ice on the wrists, alot of cats hate on chingy and lil jon, since when has mid west or dirty south been on a lyrical tip? everyone should know lil jon is only gonna be on one - MOVIN YA ASS IN A CLUB hes not gonna preach no rakim shit and hes not gonna pump a 12gauge in chest on some NWA shit, and chingy, and you gotta realise the more you talk about anyone in anyway is HYPING THEM and the more hype someone gets the more intrersted casual wucorpers will go 'lots of mofo are talkin about fitty so ill go cop his shit' whether they buy it to throw at a homeless dude for 5 seconds of fun or bump for a year ITS A SALE FROM YOUR HYPE just move with the style, realise wu tangs kung fu harcore grimey shit is dead and just move with styles, and appreciate what you got before you lose it, because hip hop might die, metal hasnt been the same since 70s/80s. no one out there is taking AC/DC or metallica or iron maidens throne its basically dead, nothing but memories, you never know what you got till u lose it

my 2 cents plus a dolla
this is the best comment i've seen based on the situation in hip hop by far. Totally agree with what u got to say.

Too many mofo's r stuck with the past. Gotta move with the time. Things envolve in life and everything from fashion to entertainment to music to politics to adversity on the streets affects our way of life.

Time is now, not yesterday, not tomorrow, time is now to react to whats goin on around u, even in music
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #47
Alesco
ADEPT

Alesco grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
if yall are gonna keep crying instead going on and buying some albums then yeah it probably will start dying. About D4L being just as hip-hop as Wu-Tang... nah man no way, D4L aint hip-hop its straight pop man. I've said it before and ill say it again, if the Backstreet Boys were black, they would be considered hip-hop right now. But yeah stop bitching and support your rappers cause bitching doesnt do anything to help, yeah its said how the state of hip-hop right now is but DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
WORD ... Why dose every one allways go back to tha fucking nineties.. Hip hop music is and will allways be alive (real hip hop that is) As long as there is web sites like public enemy and wu tang corp things will be strong. Av got alot of people who i respect on both sites. And people on these sites know the score on real hip hop.. A think it all comes down to, If you think hip hop is dead then it will be to you. But if you think hip hop is alive and is worth fighting for, then its all good.. In my opinion hip hop music is our way of life. And all peeps who listen to this music have alot of tallent. And what ever tha main stream say or do to make us out to be a bunch of fucks, Means nothing. It just makes us stronger than ever.. So in tha words of PE Dont believe tha hype. Hip hop music is ready for war on the programmers
Alesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #48
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

Who is the last artist to go mainstream, be on TRL, sell a million records and still speak a message that means something. Fact of the matter is, a record that has meaning and substance isnt going to sell to the mainstream audience and that is what's killing hip hop. If you buy a D4L or Nelly album, you are supporting the fall of hiphop.
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #49
GhostFan
Ironman

GhostFan grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik17
Who is the last artist to go mainstream, be on TRL, sell a million records and still speak a message that means something. Fact of the matter is, a record that has meaning and substance isnt going to sell to the mainstream audience and that is what's killing hip hop. If you buy a D4L or Nelly album, you are supporting the fall of hiphop.
Didn't Be go platinum?
There's certain tricks of the trade to try and hault your defeat//Like taking tupperware to an "all you can eat"//Returning used shit for new saying you lost your receipt//And writing four figure checks when your accounts deplete//Then all your problems pile up about a mile up//Thinkin about a partner you can dial up to help you out this foul stuff//Whole family sleepin on a futon while you're clippin coupons//Eatin salad tryin to get full off the croutons
GhostFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #50
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik17
Isn't that why everyone is on Kanye West's nuts? Because he sells and still has messages in his songs. Whether you like him or not, he has meaning and substance and outsells almost everyone.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #51
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

HipHop isnt dying. Its just the commercial and mainstream rap is fucken wack. We all like real hiphop, and that isnt, so thats why people think its dying. Thats hip pop like razorsharp said.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:55 PM   #52
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Hip Hop will never die they said the same about Rock and that's still here, they said that about all types of music and if they didn't survive as that genre people morphed dead ones together and made new music.. music is music like sports it will never die. Once one sound is heard to enough people and it's good it's kept forever.. it might die on the radio, maybe, if anything that would be considered rap/hiphop dying and I don't even see that happening. People always bitch about their favorite rappers falling off but that's their opinions. Hip Hop isn't close to dead cuz real hip hop heads enjoy the underground and the underground has sooo much shit to offer if you really were dedicated to hip hop and hearing new stuff that's good. If you got your favorite hip hop on CDs then it will never be dead. You'll always have the old school aspect which gives you the good shit you always loved.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #53
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
motherfucka Ridin' Dirty is a sickass song and Chamillionaire's one of the best artists outta the south right now (hes the best on my list, since Scarface aint that active right now) Chamillionaire's got some sick ass rhymes you just gotta recognize it, watch this freestyle on BET....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfoXpFQ2ZU
Chamillionaire is ass. I dont like the bubblegum shit he makes
Old 05-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #54
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

^Did you watch that video? Damn, I know your flow ain't that nice. And if it is, where can I cop the album?
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:41 AM   #55
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

itll come back in a couple more years, the rappers who see it as shit now just have to come up. Calm down.
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #56
Tha Double-P
ADEPT

Tha Double-P grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Tha Double-P

Hip-hops not dying..its being fucking murdered by those g-unit fools. because of them more and more wannabes are starting to listen to their shit, and they have no clue what real rap is! People now are also getting the wrong impression of hip-hop because of them. im not saying its just g-unit thats putting out a bad name, there are many groups these days that are just plain wack. i wouldnt even call that shit real hip-hop..its more like wannabees tryin to act like they no how to write good music...but they really fucking dont!
Tha Double-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #57
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Large
this faggot loves the word stupid he's used it in evey 1 of his posts in this thread

"i use the stupid cuz it's need".....save that bullshit and just shut the fuck up

dumbfuck i can name waaaaaaaay worse rappers from the south alotta ny catz may talk about "gangsta shit" but it's the same with the south and there "crunk shit"

d4l
3 6 mafia
dem franchise boys

all have no lyrical talent.......

now altho ny cats might be on sum shoot you up shit atleast they got lyrics and besides thats on mixtapes not the radio dumfuck

you forgettin about people like Nas from NY who may not be young but still gets radio play

your argument is shit

in the words of pussywithteeth

New york>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the whole south region (with a few exeptions)

and no i'm not hatin just tryna prove a point
a typical jealous NYer hip hop isnt always about lyrical skills stupid. the southern rappers you named are all innovative. they DONT talk about the same thing. they make songs for the club tho, whats wrong with that? why do you have to be super lyrical to dance?

you guys must have never been to a party lol must sit in ya room on your computer bitching all day about how hip hop supposedly sucks or is dead. I guarantee if you have been to the south or are a person who goes to clubs u wouldnt be whinning and bitching about everything not being lyrical.

the problem with these punchline rappers is they only know how to do 1 thing and thats make wack ass gangsta songs. they cant make a hit. thats y noone wants them

but on the lyrical side Jersey is killing NY. Ive been impressed with many rappers from Jersey.

Rap isnt about just lyrics its about having a good time too. GO TO THE SOUTH i guarantee you wont wanna go back home.

there is no such thing as "REAL RAP" or "REAL HIP HOP" someone needs to come up with categories cause like i said b4 D4L is JUST AS hip hop as KRS one

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #58
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado
This shit is scary..really...i mean there will always be hip hop heads...but will we always stay ontop like we thought we would? Years ago ppl swore up and down that hip hop would never die, but look where its at now-"Snap ya fingaz!" "Lean wit it rock wit it" "meet me in da cluuuubb" "catch me riding dirty"...theres no fucking meaning behind shit no more,it seem like its just targeted for lil kids saying:
"hey this is hip hop, buy this!" not knowing nor mentioning nor relating at all to hip hops true roots...what the fuck, it seems like true hip hop heads are not long from being looked at as we used to look at bum ass hippies...some freddy krueger shit if u ask me..what ya'll think bout it??
I know this kid didn't say riding dirty doesn't have any meaning. I think it's a pretty clever song to make cause it relates to damn near everyone. Ridin dirty can be driving drunk, carry drugs gunz etc, even in certain states talking on your cellphone is illegal and would be considered ridin dirty. Even not worry your seatbelt you could consider as ridin dirty. THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'

Too many people try and put hip hop in a box and say it should be this or that. It is what it is and listen to the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't. Stop worrying about if your favorite artist is selling big units or not. Your favorite rapper may be the kid that lives around the corner from you and has never sold a record in his life.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #59
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

commercial-wise its alive and well. creativity wise, its collecting maggots.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #60
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
a typical jealous NYer hip hop isnt always about lyrical skills stupid. the southern rappers you named are all innovative. they DONT talk about the same thing. they make songs for the club tho, whats wrong with that? why do you have to be super lyrical to dance?

you guys must have never been to a party lol must sit in ya room on your computer bitching all day about how hip hop supposedly sucks or is dead. I guarantee if you have been to the south or are a person who goes to clubs u wouldnt be whinning and bitching about everything not being lyrical.

the problem with these punchline rappers is they only know how to do 1 thing and thats make wack ass gangsta songs. they cant make a hit. thats y noone wants them

but on the lyrical side Jersey is killing NY. Ive been impressed with many rappers from Jersey.

Rap isnt about just lyrics its about having a good time too. GO TO THE SOUTH i guarantee you wont wanna go back home.

there is no such thing as "REAL RAP" or "REAL HIP HOP" someone needs to come up with categories cause like i said b4 D4L is JUST AS hip hop as KRS one
too bad i cant rep ya coz them wise words deserve one bout time we start hearin sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote