news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFan
I think I'm one of the few people to think there is nothing wrong with hip hop at all. If anything at all hurts hip hop, its the lack of creativity of some rappers. Yes, besides those who talk about grills etc, I'm including anyone who dwells on the "hip hop is dead" aspect in most of their songs.
co sign, bout time someone started talkin sense, but if u wanna 'blame' someone for 'killing hip hop' blame yaselves for hatin on rappers and givin them hype so ppl go and buy their shit, its us the people that determine whether a rapper makes it or not whether u know it or not, good publicity is good but hatin publicity is better - as soon as u start sayin 'dont buy this its killing hip hop' ppl gonna buy it outta curiosity = record sales = $$$$$$ = radio/tv play = audiences for the radio stations and viewers for the tv networks = $$$$$$ = more $$$$$$$ for the rapper thanks to the fans
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #17
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 05-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #18
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

you cant blame the man for being the marketing genius that he is, but i think he made it popular to be commercial(dont quote me on this). i had puffy on my mind when i saw this thread but when u think about it the labels are to blame...

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #19
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Very good Ghostlaced, when you come right down to it, it is.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 05-29-2006 at 05:19 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #20
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk_Dock
you cant blame the man for being the marketing genius that he is, but i think he made it popular to be commercial(dont quote me on this). i had puffy on my mind when i saw this thread but when u think about it the labels are to blame...
I wasn't just blaming him, but he is partly responsible for the decline of quality in hip hop.

Method Man
Old 05-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #21
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

I blame RZA
Old 05-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #22
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
What a stupid thing to say punch, offcourse it's marketing, thats it's whole purpose, to try and sell you something in the most appealing way possible to ensure maximum sales. Marketing techniques are whats used to find the target audience and in the case of hip hop the record labels like bad boy where not happy just reaching out to hip hop fans, they wanted to reach as wider market as possible and they are willing to make the necessary changes to ensure sales regardless of the quality being produced.
Marketing follows the culture, doesn't create it. If tomorrow everyone wakes up and decides that they really love raw Hip-Hop, and millions are talking about Gza(for example) and can't wait to hear a new album from him. Do you think that the Big Bad Record Companies are going to say"No you people like Yin-Yang Twins and that's what we're giving you" . No, they're going to fall over themselves to get raw hip-hop albums out.

Last edited by Punch; 05-29-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

master p
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #24
WotsGoinDown
ADEPT

WotsGoinDown grasshopper

I think that anyone who buys a 50 cent CD or any other commercial shit that dont kno nothin about hip hop should be made to sit in a room and listen to the hip hop artists who started everything , And also made to read a book about the history of hip-hop.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:45 PM   #25
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

Society is to blame for the state of hiphop. Back in the days when the majority of hiphop's audience couldn't afford the bling or anything expensive, hiphop was raw and it wasn't about the bling. But nowadays, as society progressively gets dumber, hiphop just conforms to it. You can't blame P Diddy for starting the bling era because that's also what was hot during that time. But now the situations gotten outta hand, and bling was gotten bigger and bigger cuz of materialism. you haveta also remember that no one makes music just for fun. they make music because they want to sell it and make some money. and sometimes the best way to do that is to conform to the dumb society.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #26
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

^^ exactly. Rep.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #27
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch
Marketing follows the culture, doesn't create it. If tomorrow everyone wakes up and decides that they really love raw Hip-Hop, and millions are talking about Gza(for example) and can't wait to hear a new album from him. Do you think that the Big Bad Record Companies are going to say"No you people like Yin-Yang Twins and that's what we're giving you" . No, they're going to fall over themselves to get raw hip-hop albums out.
nope.

they market to the target group with money to spend. they push what is "cool" or "hip" through mtv and other outlets and younge impressionable people are coaxed into buying certain things because they see thats whats in.

all this talk about blaming the haters is garbage. its either hate, or go along with the bullshit thats being pushed onto you.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #28
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

greed, CB4-gangster rap, glorification of depravity.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #29
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

marketers are the ones who decide what will be popular

a million people are not going to wake up and just KNOW GZA they need to be exposed to him and marketing is what gets artists exposed, plain and simple, the people in suits who want to take your money ruined hiphop, rza and wu tang understood this, thats why they came up with the WU DEAL where they all got their own solo albums on different labels even though they were signed as a GROUP under one label

the only way things will change right now, especially bc of the monopoly of advertising, is if all the underground artists who are dope came together under one roof or major corp with something rawkusish and the audience all supported the artists, that way a movement would start and the marketers would not be able to ignore the fact that they would be missing out on $$$$$$, on top of it all the artists would make more $$ running their own organized shit, but nowadays most artists would never get that organized or want to get that organized and its a mixture of ego and ignorance on their part, and labels can offer big deals up front which turns artists away from creating something that would benefit them in the long run, instead they just aim to get signed

marketing= hiphop being raped and pillaged

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #30
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k
marketers are the ones who decide what will be popular

a million people are not going to wake up and just KNOW GZA they need to be exposed to him and marketing is what gets artists exposed, plain and simple, the people in suits who want to take your money ruined hiphop, rza and wu tang understood this, thats why they came up with the WU DEAL where they all got their own solo albums on different labels even though they were signed as a GROUP under one label

marketing= hiphop being raped and pillaged
Thankyou.

Method Man