news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #31
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

theres alot to blame.. to many to name. im not particularly happy with the shit thats gettin rotated these days.. but its whats doin now. gotta respect that. people gotta eat...

born invincible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #32
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title

The Lost Prophet shaolin monk

when rappers or mcs started to die because of ther music. the industry got scared when two of hip-hop biggest stars died cuz of rap beef. remember y they played jay-z takeover so much but they didnt really play the retaliation song "either" as much? "we dont want this rap beef to spill over into violence."

the industry people itself, it's easier to market ass and sex then it is to market a message to the community or to hard to understand lyrics.

society itself has fucked up hip-hop. when a broke african american is telling me that bush is doing good for the economy and belives that TI is one of the best artist in the game in terms of lyrics, then something must be wrong

fans also have slowly hurt the game

-majority of people can only understand what they see and hear

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #33
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

natural course of society.
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:40 AM   #34
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title

The Lost Prophet shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k

marketing= hiphop being raped and pillaged
thats really the just of it. but change hip-hop into art, cuz all kinds of artistical shit is dying

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #35
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k
marketers are the ones who decide what will be popular

a million people are not going to wake up and just KNOW GZA they need to be exposed to him and marketing is what gets artists exposed, plain and simple, the people in suits who want to take your money ruined hiphop, rza and wu tang understood this, thats why they came up with the WU DEAL where they all got their own solo albums on different labels even though they were signed as a GROUP under one label

the only way things will change right now, especially bc of the monopoly of advertising, is if all the underground artists who are dope came together under one roof or major corp with something rawkusish and the audience all supported the artists, that way a movement would start and the marketers would not be able to ignore the fact that they would be missing out on $$$$$$, on top of it all the artists would make more $$ running their own organized shit, but nowadays most artists would never get that organized or want to get that organized and its a mixture of ego and ignorance on their part, and labels can offer big deals up front which turns artists away from creating something that would benefit them in the long run, instead they just aim to get signed

marketing= hiphop being raped and pillaged
sorry but there is no way that marketers are creating the trends in culture.

Their very nature is to capitalize on what is proven effective. That's why they conduct a million surveys, have focus groups, advanced screenings, etc. If they could just magically decide what's "in" or "out" they wouldn't need any of that. The truth is that after all of their calculations and statistics, they don't know what the fuck is happening or what will happen.

Hip-Hop from the beginning has been partly about getting paid. In the mid to late 90's it finally grew to a point where it was a global industry, and people could actually get rich off of it. You can't blame the record companies, contracts are signed after all.
The blame really lands on the rappers who are rapping to make money, instead of for the love of it. It sounds corny I know, but rappers have started to use Hip-Hop as a means to an end, namely getting money, and are putting no thought whatsoever into their craft.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #36
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
I agree, mr P Diddy is partly to blame of the shit he started nearly ten years ago.
I cosign this. Puff did make some great contributions to hip hop with (ie, Ready to Die) but with out a doubt Puff is the one who changed the sound of the game. If you ask me he's the one who made it commercial.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #37
Ironlungz
Lu-Cipher

Ironlungz grasshopper

of the people we see, suge and puffy had things kickin off... but i think the ones who are really to blam, we don't know the names off... they're behind a desk in some office-building, planning how to make the rap-community welcome mike shinoda or kevin federline....

Positive Energy Activate Constant Elevation
Ironlungz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #38
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

I wouldn't really blame anybody... I guess if you put a gun to my head I would say MTV, BET, radio, and record companys for supporting shitty rappers and brainwashing the masses with artists like D4L. The fans are also to blame, im talking about youngsters who love to dick ride trends.

Last edited by KBOS; 05-30-2006 at 07:22 PM.
KBOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #39
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro wooz
natural course of society.
bingo. its politics.
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #40
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

p diddy
stupid eastcoast managers dancing in the music video wearing shiney pants
how many times you see suge do that shit

p diddy ruined it, fuck what ya heard
Old 05-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #41
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

mc donalds employees wearing fubu work clothes...
Old 05-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #42
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

graffitiwhat shaolin monk

if you want to know whos to blame?, Blame the idiotic consumers who by the wack shit, because i can tell you for a fact that most people that listen to "mainstream" shit are close minded ignorant morons who have no grasp on anything what so ever
graffitiwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #43
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

PUFF DADDY....hands fuckin down.......he popularised the Rnb hooks.....the dancers in rap videos......made selling out acceptable......fuck PUFFY

beacuse of PUFF DADDY...the hook became more important than the lyrics.......thats why today, 98% of the singles released have to have an RnB pop hook......thanks PUFF you homo

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 AM   #44
Ghost Deini
Stark Enterprises

Ghost Deini shaolin monk

I blame the people behind all the hip-hop related deaths. B.I.G, Tupac, Big L, Jam Master Jay, and all the others that I haven't listed. R.I.P. and it's damn shame. I remember after the mid-90's when all that shit went on and we approached the new millenium hip-hop started going downhill.

Now i'm not one of those emo niggas that cry about how hip-hop is completely dead. Yeah it ain't quite what it used to be but there's still plenty of albums coming out constantly that I still enjoy and artists I like listening to. It's just that if you want some dope hip-hop music you gotta look around a bit harder than 10-12 years ago.

"We don't need no diamond rings
All we need is a drum like
Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"
Ghost Deini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:23 AM   #45
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Jerry Heller

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote