news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The person who did most damage to hip-hop.

Y'all know what I mean. I don't think of commercial motherfuckers and sell-outs as Mobb, I mean really bad persons... Who do that shit on purpose, knawImean? A person who changed the game in the bad way.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

All the fake-ass gangstas.These faggots changed the game in the bad way.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

backpackers.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
GhostFan
Ironman

GhostFan grasshopper

I think I'm one of the few people to think there is nothing wrong with hip hop at all. If anything at all hurts hip hop, its the lack of creativity of some rappers. Yes, besides those who talk about grills etc, I'm including anyone who dwells on the "hip hop is dead" aspect in most of their songs.
GhostFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

^^ rep.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFan
I think I'm one of the few people to think there is nothing wrong with hip hop at all. If anything at all hurts hip hop, its the lack of creativity of some rappers. Yes, besides those who talk about grills etc, I'm including anyone who dwells on the "hip hop is dead" aspect in most of their songs.
very good point.
but certain people have taken the level of rap to new lows.

the 1st person that comes to mind is puffy.
the bling rage right now,is still directly linked to his blowing up on the scene 10 years ago.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree, mr P Diddy is partly to blame of the shit he started nearly ten years ago.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

no one damaged Hip-Hop

If non one bought Puffy's records would he have had any influence on the state of the culture? I think hip-Hop fans need to start taking responsiblilty, it's in our hands, it always has been.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch
no one damaged Hip-Hop

If non one bought Puffy's records would he have had any influence on the state of the culture? I think hip-Hop fans need to start taking responsiblilty, it's in our hands, it always has been.
agreed,but keep in mind its not only hip hop fans who bought his albums.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
_BaLaNcE_
SLIMEY SAVAGE

_BaLaNcE_ Imbecile
Send a message via MSN to _BaLaNcE_

suge knight..one of the figure behind the lose of 2 greats..it had an impact on the game
Old 05-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

the fans.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

people who are hating on the fans are still haters

a lot of the time, what fans like has to do with marketing

the way hip hop is marketed these days is bullshit, if good hiphop was marketed as much as shitty rap, it'd be bumping just as much on radio and tv

its stupid to blame the fans, the rappers can be blamed like people like 50 or puff daddy but even they are just trying to make money bc once they get a taste of it they become greedy, and the way the marketing was going was to have them pretty much sellout and become candy rappers

there was a reason that when Forever dropped, that was ALL you heard on the radio and saw on the tv, bc there was money to be made, of course fans play a part but hip hop can't have fans if the majority of people are never exposed to real hiphop, and thats not the fans faults, just look at ghost's album, he got fucked

its not a rappers' fault, its a whole group of people's fault and the reason was $$$$$$$$$ and it always will be, BUT for one way to have a revolution would be up to the FANS, bc if all the wu fans ACTUALLY went out and BOUGHT the albums they bump, there'd be no way to ignore the resurgancein sales and this is for any other hardcore hiphop albums, but right now the marketing is helping supress the spread of knowledge about true hiphop

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #13
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was talking about P Diddy as a buisness man not as a rapper for being partially responsible for starting the shiny suit/bling era.

Method Man
Old 05-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

It's foolish to blame marketing because once again, it's not forcing people to buy anything. they play crap on the radio, so now I don't listen to radio, it's that simple. There are so many other outlets for music now that there is no reason to complain.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #15
TAURO
El Don of this shit

What a stupid thing to say punch, offcourse it's marketing, thats it's whole purpose, to try and sell you something in the most appealing way possible to ensure maximum sales. Marketing techniques are whats used to find the target audience and in the case of hip hop the record labels like bad boy where not happy just reaching out to hip hop fans, they wanted to reach as wider market as possible and they are willing to make the necessary changes to ensure sales regardless of the quality being produced.

Method Man