news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-30-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
McTom
Veteran Member

McTom grasshopper
Default Sick? I like 4 g-unit songs

Am I sick 'cause I like 4 g-unit songs (as wu-fanatic & hater of all other g-unit stuff). but i just keep listening to poppin 'them thangs, stunt 101, outta control (ft. Mobb Deep) and even Mobb Deeps 'Put them in their place'. I think i kinda like those commercial bassbeats... does any other wu-fan suffer the same thing or is it just me?
McTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

That happens to alot of people, just cos you like underground music does not mean that you are incapable of likeing anything more radio friendly.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i actually own 4 0r 5 g-unit albums
they definetly got beats
the 'get rich or die tryin' OST has some of the illest beats, same goes for most of their albums
50 has some very clever lyrics, to me it seems like his whole persona as a rapper is like cartoon designed to sell to pop fans and piss off backpackers
you have to apppreciate the irony of liking g-unit
i mean lloyd banks has a sick flow
tony yayo is ill
50 is cool
i cudnt give a fuck less about young buck tho
i want that ma$e shit to drop (M.O.P ISNT GONNA HAPPEN)
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

nothing wrong in that
Old 05-30-2006, 06:40 AM   #5
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

You're not sick..........actually you are the opposite. Atleast you have enough common sense to listen to what you want instead of denying you even like it.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:48 AM   #6
Kontagouz
Lyrical

Kontagouz grasshopper

I wouldn't say your sick I think your just likeing the instrumental side off music.
Industry rap is about the Instrumental and flow (well most industy stuff).
Thats why Rakewons new albums going to be a classic. A combination off Instrumental Genius from Aftermath and the lyrical style of wu tang from Rakewon.
Kontagouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontagouz
I wouldn't say your sick I think your just likeing the instrumental side off music.
Industry rap is about the Instrumental and flow (well most industy stuff).
Thats why Rakewons new albums going to be a classic. A combination off Instrumental Genius from Aftermath and the lyrical style of wu tang from Rakewon.
rza aint aftermath, cuban linx needs a sprinkle of aftermath production
Old 05-30-2006, 07:12 AM   #8
Kontagouz
Lyrical

Kontagouz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
rza aint aftermath, cuban linx needs a sprinkle of aftermath production

It was already known that Dr. Dre and Raekwon had worked together on the highly anticipated "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" project, an initiative of Busta Rhymes who is also an Executive Producer of the record with RZA.

"Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II" will be a co-production between Aftermath and Wu-Tang. Whether this is the Wu Music Group or Wu-Tang Productions is not known yet.

I read that as Dre done some off the beats for the album
Kontagouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #9
Wzarecta
Shaolin Swordsman

Wzarecta grasshopper

Yer, just like what you like. I much rather appreciating all different kinds of music, mainstream and underground than just like wu and Def Jux. Being close minded to the mainstream is just like the mainstream only fans are about underground artists. Fuck labels, just enjoy music.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the stunt 101 beat is banging. on the beat side g-unit and 50 get some good stuff.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #11
WotsGoinDown
ADEPT

WotsGoinDown grasshopper

50 has hardly any skills , you dont need lyrics to be successfull in hip hop these days , its all about looks , and if your hip hop song has a good beat , the public will like it because most of them dont know anything about hip hop.

Last edited by WotsGoinDown; 05-30-2006 at 02:09 PM.
WotsGoinDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #12
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

^^ True

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #13
Iron Man

Iron Man grasshopper

In my opinion The Game is the only good thing to come out of G-Unit, i recently got my hands on 300 bars and that joint is crazy.
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #14
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like to see that there is more maturity on this message board these days as more people just say what they like and not closet fans of any type of music. Also less kids ridiculing others for liking certain things.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #15
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

yeh i got the beg for mercy, has some good joints on it; personally im down with anything that has a good beat and whoevers rappin sounds good on the track. you gotta appreciate all aspects of rap, the commercial, underground or whatever.

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote