news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

ballistic crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to ballistic
Default on moment of truth, two tracks produced by guru and 'co-produced' by Premiere?

love this album and was just listening to it today, and i was mulling over what exactly the liner notes meant by saying guru produced 'she knows what she wants' and 'make em pay', two tracks with very advanced production who to the naked ear bear unmistakably Premiere's style. it also says that premo 'co-produced' these two tracks...i wonder just how much input he had, i mean because i wouldnt think that guru is that good of a producer....

ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

well producing a track means making the beat, right? :S and one thing i have noticed is that Gang Starr don't credit their samples. they sampled Wu-Tang and various other rappers on numerous occasions and not once in any booklet does it say "X rappers line here" sampled from "x title of sng here" or however you credit it. why is that?

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

guru problee just laced out the basics and premo tweaked it to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah somehow premiere always gets away with that...and then he had the temerity to pointedly dissuade his colleagues from accusing him of sampling without references right before 'above the clouds'.

but yeah, i thought along the same lines...premo just kind of polished it up...still, great stuff from guru. i wanted to credit premo with those gems before i looked in the booklet.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

premo doesnt do that because he doesnt like people snitching on DJ's crates. back in the early days of hiphop it was a no-no to reveal the source of your samples.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:07 AM   #6
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

I think Guru probably found the samples used for the songs, and Premier did the rest. No way in hell Guru was cuttin or scratching, and those drums are straight DJ Premier.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

thats a good point

Old 06-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
GSTYLE
Veteran Member

GSTYLE shaolin monk

yeah i think Guru maybve suggested samples or a loop. that alcoholic aint hittin drums like premo!
when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck
GSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote