news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
Kado
Blaze Haze

Kado grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kado
Default ...Who thinks hip hop is dying

This shit is scary..really...i mean there will always be hip hop heads...but will we always stay ontop like we thought we would? Years ago ppl swore up and down that hip hop would never die, but look where its at now-"Snap ya fingaz!" "Lean wit it rock wit it" "meet me in da cluuuubb" "catch me riding dirty"...theres no fucking meaning behind shit no more,it seem like its just targeted for lil kids saying:
"hey this is hip hop, buy this!" not knowing nor mentioning nor relating at all to hip hops true roots...what the fuck, it seems like true hip hop heads are not long from being looked at as we used to look at bum ass hippies...some freddy krueger shit if u ask me..what ya'll think bout it??
Old 05-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
wu82

wu82 grasshopper

to be honest the rap game hasnt been the same since bigge and pac died losin those two along with guys like big pun and big l hurt more than people realize
wu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:11 AM   #4
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

lol rap not sticking to its roots? its going back to the original way hip hop was stupid.

the first rappers were NOT lyrical

badiwaba bang bang diggy diggy shit was NOT lyrical and it was still hip hop

chingy is just as hip hop as krs one
d4l is just as hip hop as wutang

so deal with it just cause u dont like it doesnt mean its not hip hop.

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:31 AM   #5
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
lol rap not sticking to its roots? its going back to the original way hip hop was stupid.

i think u are confused with hip hop and hip POP... rapping and candy wrappers...

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think hip hop is almost dead theres only a few artists that are hip hop now.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:44 AM   #7
Polocash7
Veteran Member

Polocash7 shaolin monk

Hip Hop will always be here. There are plenty of underground/indie LPs that are bangin'. Commerical hip hop sucks right now. The days of the mid 90's are gone and probably never to return.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:32 AM   #8
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

hiphop can't die, but hopefully backpackers who complain about hiphop all the time can

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:38 AM   #9
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp
i think u are confused with hip hop and hip POP... rapping and candy wrappers...
yo stupid u make no sense. just because its popular doesnt mean its not hip hop stupid. hip hop is a life style not a genre of music. UNDER THE CATEGORY OF HIP HOP there are many different kinds of RAP MUSIC.

under rap music there is gangsta rap, club rap, etc.....HIP HOP IS NOT A GENRE OF MUSIC. stupid ppl i swear

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #10
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hip hop itself isnt dying, its just the style that 95% of us here on wucorp enjoy is dying, music like everything else in life changes with time, all genres and sub genres of music evolve, change, develop as time goes by, when hip hop started it wasnt on the lyrical deep thinking tip as Bone Collecta pointed out, alot of people need to pull their heads out of the sand, realise we're not stuck in the early 90s any more and get into the two-thous. we're in the most technological advanced time in HISTORY and EVERYTHING in life reflects that from electronics to cars to houses to fashion to MUSIC. when wutang dropped 36 chambers, nas did illmatic, dre's chronic, rappers had the image of just a mofo livin in same hood as an oridinary person, hustlin for dollas and cents, wearin the same clothes as everyone else in the hood, drivin the same cars and shit, their rhymes reflected that, but now with rappers living like movie stars, videos of rappers with $50,000 fur coats and shit and whatever, their music is reftlecting the million dolla mansions they own, the 5 top range cars, never wearing the same clothes twice, just like mid 80s to mid 90s hip hop reflected the environment of the rapper, yeah they had theyre million dolla mansions and 5 cars aswell, but we've gone from havin the portrayal of a gangsta bein a local mofo in a lowrider with khaki pants, a hoody and air jordans to $50,000 mink suits and $50,000 worth of ice on the wrists, alot of cats hate on chingy and lil jon, since when has mid west or dirty south been on a lyrical tip? everyone should know lil jon is only gonna be on one - MOVIN YA ASS IN A CLUB hes not gonna preach no rakim shit and hes not gonna pump a 12gauge in chest on some NWA shit, and chingy, and you gotta realise the more you talk about anyone in anyway is HYPING THEM and the more hype someone gets the more intrersted casual wucorpers will go 'lots of mofo are talkin about fitty so ill go cop his shit' whether they buy it to throw at a homeless dude for 5 seconds of fun or bump for a year ITS A SALE FROM YOUR HYPE just move with the style, realise wu tangs kung fu harcore grimey shit is dead and just move with styles, and appreciate what you got before you lose it, because hip hop might die, metal hasnt been the same since 70s/80s. no one out there is taking AC/DC or metallica or iron maidens throne its basically dead, nothing but memories, you never know what you got till u lose it

my 2 cents plus a dolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #11
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot
i think hip hop is almost dead theres only a few artists that are hip hop now.
co sign

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 AM   #12
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta

smh!!!

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #13
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't agree, I don't think hip hop is dying, it's being raped... by people who are using it to get ahead purely on a materialistic level.
The artists in the mainstream don't seem to have any respect for the culture cos if they did they would realise that rap music is a powerful influence that could help enlighten.
Hip hop was about the struggle, now it's about drinkin cristal and fur coats, the sad thing is that people eat this bullshit up everytime and for every one person that wakes up and realises what's being pumped on mtv is bs there are 20 to take his place.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #14
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

I don't think its dying. Hip Hop will never die completely anyway as the message that was originally put out is way too strong to just disappear.

I do think it declined a great deal over the last decade or so but at the moment I would say its much better than it has been for a while.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #15
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN
I don't agree, I don't think hip hop is dying, it's being raped... by people who are using it to get ahead purely on a materialistic level.
name a rapper who never wanted to make paper out of the game?

Quote:
The artists in the mainstream don't seem to have any respect for the culture cos if they did they would realise that rap music is a powerful influence that could help enlighten.
if anything rap has gone the other way,long are the days gangsta rap was in its prime and its hitting the club scene - about havin a good time, shakin ya ass and chillin out

Quote:
Hip hop was about the struggle, now it's about drinkin cristal and fur coats
yes,WAS a struggle but now thanks to many rappers preceeding people can make it in the game, get up off the streets out of the gangs and shit and make a living

the problem is it isnt dead, the wu tang style is dead and too many people refuse to believ and accept that it is, who likes to admit ya fav sport team is shit these days and the star player isnt what he was 6 years ago in his prime? time to face facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote