news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #16
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Timbs
aww man,, dont let my standpoints and philosophy fool u

ive been a die hard wu fan since 93

but yea, my appreciation of wu is what lead me here to KTL

i think back in 1999 i was lookin around the net for wu sites to download some rare stuff (like the bobby digital " do u hear the bells freestyle")

i stumbled across some site ( i think wudynasty or sumthin like that)

that site eventually died and then i discovered this one in 2003 or 2004
I concur. I didn't come up with "conscience" parents and a very nurturing environment so the Wu was it. "M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN.. M.E.T.H.D.O.D. MAN.. HAY YOU GET OFF MY CLOUD, YOU DON'T KNOW ME AND YOU DON'T KNOW MY STYLE!!!" C.R.E.A.M., all that. RZA hit me off with a lot if info that I didn't get until the year 2K. I use to hit up wudynasty for pics and stuff and around the time Timbs came here I came here. I may seem one way here but don't get it twisted. I use more slang than a little and I'm always with a smile on my face bumping DPz and Kweli. Right now I'm listening to Lib talking about 666.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #17
Rash_o_Mon
Wella Fiend

Rash_o_Mon grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Rash_o_Mon

Wu is responsible for most of my knowledge on life, the music that they make is connected to many things and it made me see life in other ways...
I'll never stop listening to the Wu, also i'm always recruiting new ears to their music...

P.E.A.C.E.

Rash_o_Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #18
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

They've definitely helped me understand the power and importance of knowledge. Plain and simple.
Popa Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
O3EY
arsenal f.c.

O3EY drunken mastaO3EY drunken masta

I was mostly into the wu tang cause of the martial arts side. I started listening to wu tang mostly because I was into karate since I was 7 and I knew they were into it. I figured that it's something thats still relevent to what I was doing but not something I had to fake or force getting into because of any other reasons. It all connected after that cause I kept listening to Wu and one day it just clicked... I told my uncle who got me into wu back in 97 about how deep wu really was and he was suprised. I dont think he expected me to keep up with wu more than he did. I was suprised when I read the Wu manual cause I knew alot of that mostly on my own execpt a some things in there.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #20
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

its not a religion.....its just music
yalll choose what it does to you....to me its just well thought out music

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #21
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

^ I liked the martial arts stuff too. I was obsessed with jackie chan flicks and all martial arts flicks in general since I was about 5. When I was 9 I remember actually having rented out EVERY martial arts video in our store lol.

Later I was fully obsessed with the whole Shaolin life style and determination (before hearing wu).
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #22
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper
Thumbs up

I was a hot head growing up.

Listening to Judgement Day alone taught me a lot of things.
1 - Be considerate of others. We're all in this world together, might as well get along. Understand everyone needs an opportunity to earn money, and live.
2 - Be thankful for your job. "Don't shit were you eat".
3. Be monogamous. "Don't be a candiate for HIV". That's another thing I love about the Wu. They always have at least one love song on each disc.

More...
4. THINK "Keep your brain open." "Everything that you see is not reality, its just illusion."
5. Be attentive to life and the things around you. "Paid attention. Put your shoes on".
6. Of course I knew there are fakers in life. You were reminded to watch out for them.
7. Lots of talk about the music industry. I'm amazed people desire to be a part of it.

Shout out to Wu!
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 AM   #23
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

listing To Wu Tang And Hearing What They Were Talking About Made Me Want To Learn More About It And Influenced Me To Read More Books So Yeah It Help Me

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #24
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniquity
I wouldn't say that WU def did it for me because since day 1 I felt like I knew what I know now, just had to remember it ... The type that would stay in my room watching nova while other kids were outside playing tag & hide-n-go-seek .....

WU helped tho ... Might sound weird but I felt like I gained more knowledge from the beats like I would close my eyes & the beat would tickle my mind ... Weird uh?
NOT AT ALL LOT OF TIMES I WILL SMOKE A DUTCH AND THROW ON A WU ALBUM AND BECOME LOST IN THOUGHT IT IS LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD DOSE NOT EVEN EXISTS ANYMORE

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #25
smokebongoncliff
WuTang is the Foundation

smokebongoncliff grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to smokebongoncliff

wutang made me appreciate life more and made me want to learn again

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces
smokebongoncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #26
Seborth
Assasin

Seborth grasshopper

Wu music helped me to find knowledge, I'm interested in Wu philosophy since i starded to listen them.
Wu-Tang tell the truth to people.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #27
LRRdragon
Unknown

LRRdragon grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to LRRdragon

nah not really jus help me know that i ain't the only mothafuka to think the way i do but badass music though.
-Peace n C.R.E.A.M dogs
LRRdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #28
suav3
Board of Directors™

suav3 grasshopper

wu-tang is the best group ever to arise for young cats ready to get their first wiff of the codes.. feel me.... mu fuccers dont know that only certain individuals inlife can actually click in... even Ghostface says it in one of the untouchables documentary... i believe ODB r.i.p had alot of subliminals his dirtdog shit you could catch em fairly easily....he was on some real mad gab action spittin in the booth... i think thats why know one really understood his work he even says it in a interview i read.... each of the members have their own style thats what makes em ill so it really incorporates to the 5 masters of shaolin.... theres much knowledge to be understood from their compilations but you first have to understand the whole ONE meaning before your eyes can be pryed open
Old 09-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #29
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies View Post
I found KTL because of Wu Tang.

Wu Tang- no exaggeration- changed my life. It put in me a thirst for learning at a young age. It kept me curious.

By the time I was 18 I had started reading books on Taoism, Buddhism, started looking into Islam. From there the last four years...I probably read more books than most people will read in there lives. And the saga continued....got into the bible, kabbalah, occultism, the egyptian book of the dead, metu neter. And when I hear a rhyme that shows that rapper has read the same books as me - books most people don't bother with - I feel a real kinship.

And coming on this forum where you can discuss knowledge with people who won't be totally clueless as to what you are talking about is unique for people like us, I feel.

I know that my discussions on the I Ching with LHX probably couldn't even come close to happenin with anyone else on this planet. And we both got sparked on that book by the same U God line "We sing the I Ching vintage."

I am still being refined and have miles to go. But if not for Wu by now I think I would have been a lost cause, for real.
my answer is almost the same exact thing as this one..

i had listened to Wu since i was like 12 years old (my bro is older and he was into it at first, had all the cds n shit)...but i was always drawn to their music mostly because of the insane beats and the sharp, quick rhymes....i wasnt really understanding alot of what they were saying tho...like i cood recite all their songs but i wood just be saying the words and having no idea what certain shit meant (in Triumph the term "93 million miles away" is used twice and so many ppl dont even take the time to think what that means)..............

a little bit before the Wu Manual came out i had started gettin heavy into alot of Rza's rhymes and shit...like i realized "wait a minute, hes always usin all these acronyms like Arm Leg Leg Arm Head" and stuff...and i started to listen to their music a little deeper....when the Wu Manual came out i really think that shit changed my life..to understand this music that i had been listenin to for so long just completely enhanced the experience..

now im at the point where ive studied and am still studying the I CHing, Tao Te Ching, the Bible, the Quran....im readin the biography of the Prophet Muhammad right now....

also Killah Priests shit hit me real hard to....had me studyin all kinds of shit...

like now...the way i am i can say i truly understand what they mean wen they say "Wu Tang is for the children" and shit like that....its true...to alota ppl it might be hard to get it at first because some of Wu's music is HARD stuff but thats just cuz thats wut these guys grew up with...rough hard lives......but the message is always there.....

even Killarmy....ur average person wood be like "wuts up with these dudes all talkin bout war and violence and killin and stuff??"............one of my fav little lines from the Dirty Weaponry intro: "eternal life is thru the MIND"---Dom P
Old 09-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and this line sparked somethin for me this first time i heard it:

"dont worry about the weed or pussy I READ BOOKS
im liable to mate ya king with three rooks.."
Rza