news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #31
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

I forgot to touch on something, being less lyrical is o.k. as long as it's done right. If we know you're just having fun, no clownin' will happen. Think about it, Kool Keith when he was "Doctor Octagon" was mostly some perverted and out-of-this world shit. The album was still bangin' though. When Ol' Dirty Bastard (R.I.P.) was on "Black Widow pt. 2" we know he was actin' the fool, but for many of us, that was Ol' Dirty at one of his best moments. Every time I hear it, I can't get past, "bitch...get the FUCK in the car....drove her to my house....ahhhhhh to my house..." with out bustin' up in hysterical laughter. My problem is the air of superiority these fake emcees have in front of the camera or in an interview via magazine. With simple rhymes and merry-go-round beats, I'm there like, "Fool, wtf are you so big-headed about? You ain't Rakim?!?!" You know??? I feel that they step out of place when they do things like that because unlike Madlib, who knows he can't rhyme as well as he can produce, yet still does the "Lord Quas" thing for kicks, (which is also fuckin' hilarious), these cas fancy themselves as.....*snickers".....among the best!!!

Disgusting no???
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:16 PM   #32
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Real hip hop to most of niggas is the way east coast mc's created it.The style of music thats going on right now is a different kind of hip hop.Why can't folks just have there own style without somebody critising there style of music
Old 06-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #33
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

You can't call most of the new music out now a different style. That's just biting your tounge. Just because it's doesn't have a New York sound doesn't mean it's weak. I like OutKast because they have their own style period above all things.

Although Cypress Hill's producer is from N.Y. his beats are unlike anyone else's really. Madlib's beats....Rob The Viking.....Dr. Dre.....mad producers that make tight beats period. Regardless of where they come from. Emcees too.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #34
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

i hear ya slasher its a new generation and the south is trying to have their pages in hip hop history. yeah NY did their thing with the beginning and its good but i feel wat u sayin.

btw i find immortal tech extremely boring and i dont always wanna hear songs about bashing politics.

artists need to know that as well. chea but anyway good shit

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #35
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

I feel you Collecta, most of the time, Technique gets MAD repetitious with his subject matter. It's just good to hear cats that are still nasty on the mic. Personally, I think he's the nastiet emcee to come out of Harlem since Big L. While not as versatile as L (r.i.p.) was, the ferocity is there.

As a DJ, if the majority of these new beats would have drums in 'em, instead of those AWFUL hat patterns, I could give 'em a bit more love too. That's why Luda is one of the few cats I respect.
Aside from being more versatile with his lyrics, his beats are pretty decent as well.