news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: digital bullet
10 - classic 19 15.70%
9 - superior 31 25.62%
8 - banger 36 29.75%
7 - dope 13 10.74%
6 - good 8 6.61%
5 - average 4 3.31%
4 - subpar 5 4.13%
3 - mediocre 2 1.65%
2 - poor 1 0.83%
1 - wack 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger
Default RZA - Digital Bullet

RZA - Digital Bullet (2001)

1. Show U Love
2. Can't Lose (ft. Beretta 9)
3. Glocko Pop (ft. Method Man, Masta Killa & Streetlife)
4. Must Be Bobby
5. Brooklyn Babies (ft. Masta Killa & Force MD's)
6. Domestic Violence Pt. II (ft. Big Gipp)
7. Do U (ft. GZA & Prodigal Sunn)
8. Fools (ft. Killa Sin & Solomon's Child)
9. La Rhumba (ft. Method Man, Killa Sin, Beretta 9 & Ndira)
10. Black Widow Pt. II (ft. ODB)
11. Shady (ft. Beretta 9 & Intrigue)
12. Break Bread (ft. Jamie *******)
13. Bong Bong (ft. Beretta 9 & Madame Cez)
14. Throw Your Flag Up (ft. Black Knights & Ms. Roxy)
15. Be A Man
16. Righteous Way (ft. Junior Reid)
17. Build Strong (ft. Tekitha)
18. Sickness

8,5/10 album for me and the best RZA solo (I rank Bobby Digital 8/10 and BOP - 7,5/10)

A lot of 10/10 tracks: Show U Love (superb opening), Glocko Pop (crazy Wu collabo), Must Be Bobby (classic beat & rhymes), Brrooklyn Babies (deep, marvellous song), Do U (another Wu banga), Throw Your Flag Up, Build Strong & Sickness. Some aiight tracks, like Break Bread, Be A Man or Righteous Way. But there're also joints just terrible... f. e. Domestic Violence Pt. II (it's the shame for the first part), La Rhumba ( , this is not what we wanna hear from RZA), Shady (WTF?) or Bong Bong (it's so simplistic that is painful for your ears). We got here mostly impressive cameos (Meth, GZA, Masta, Prodigal, Killa Sin, Tekitha...), but also few terrible (Intrigue, Madame Cez, Big Gipp...). The same could be said about beats. I think it could be a classic 10/10 album if RZA focused more on it to avoid mentioned awful tracks...
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Can't believe a thread for this didn't get made until now. There is just something about this album I can't really explain, that strikes me as great. It isn't the nothing too special lyrics but a lot of dope lines aspect, it isn't the RZA aspect, it isn't the different sounding, nearly all dope beats production aspect, but it's the fun and replay value that goes into this CD. I hate to throw out personal classic to an album that, face it, isn't a classic. But this CD is so damn close to me being a personal classic that it's about another grimy Mathematics beat away from it. Bob Digi, we all know who is he, displays wordplay unsimilar to anything you'd classify as being a "dope MC." But it's the non-seriousness, the quirky, catchy, and often clever and funny rhyming within Bobby Digital that makes him entertaining. Behind the building of this album is the oft-great, certified banger beats. From heavy sampling on "Can't Lose," (obviously inspired for Common's "Testify"," to the gritty, 95-esque feel to "It Must Be Bobby," to the thought provoking, powerful and uplifting soul behind "Build Strong," the production is by no means a down side. And although some will absolutely fall in the love an album like this, a lot will also hate it.

I'm giving it a 9.5/10. Something about this CD that I just love.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Very nice album, underated alittle bit

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

Good cd. Not as good as In Stereo. Wayyy too many wack guests. As I've said before, Must Be Bobby pwns all degrees of face. Try and find the limited edition version with the extra songs. They are some of the best on the cd.

Best songs:

Must Be Bobby

Throw Your Flag Up

Show U Love

Brooklyn Babies

Cousins

Odessey

Black Widow pt. II has got to be on of the worst Wu related songs ever released. ODB is so terrible on it. Listening to it makes me sad.

Overall

7/10 Pretty tight but could have (and should have) been better.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Da Dishonourable Don
HEAVYWEIGHT MEMBER

Da Dishonourable Don grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Da Dishonourable Don

I love Rza, but this album wasn't that hype, it wasn't whack either, but I was hoping to hear that real authentic WU flav, whatever happened to Rza "The Cure" album, I waited centuries to hear that one, in my opinion I give this album 6/10 rating!
Da Dishonourable Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
kingGirlfriend
Banned

Location: Madripoor: 1988 - small island in the southern portion of the Strait of Malacca, s/w of Singapore
kingGirlfriend crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlymelody View Post
Can't believe a thread for this didn't get made until now. There is just something about this album I can't really explain, that strikes me as great. It isn't the nothing too special lyrics but a lot of dope lines aspect, it isn't the RZA aspect, it isn't the different sounding, nearly all dope beats production aspect, but it's the fun and replay value that goes into this CD. I hate to throw out personal classic to an album that, face it, isn't a classic. But this CD is so damn close to me being a personal classic that it's about another grimy Mathematics beat away from it. Bob Digi, we all know who is he, displays wordplay unsimilar to anything you'd classify as being a "dope MC." But it's the non-seriousness, the quirky, catchy, and often clever and funny rhyming within Bobby Digital that makes him entertaining. Behind the building of this album is the oft-great, certified banger beats. From heavy sampling on "Can't Lose," (obviously inspired for Common's "Testify"," to the gritty, 95-esque feel to "It Must Be Bobby," to the thought provoking, powerful and uplifting soul behind "Build Strong," the production is by no means a down side. And although some will absolutely fall in the love an album like this, a lot will also hate it.

I'm giving it a 9.5/10. Something about this CD that I just love.
I agree with everything you said. This is one of my favorite albums evar.
kingGirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

[QUOTE=Luz7533;462864]Black Widow pt. II has got to be on of the worst Wu related songs ever released. ODB is so terrible on it. Listening to it makes me sad.[QUOTE]

That is actually my favorite track on the CD. The beat is fuckin sick and the song is funny as hell. I love bumpin that shit goin down the road and singin it out the window!
pneumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

I love Bob Digi in Stereo but I really was not feeling Digital Bullet however Black widow part 2 is fucking sick.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

this album has got PERSONALITY. most artists won't just "do them" but RZA obviously catered to his own tastes on this one. i dig it!
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:24 AM   #10
infamous2702
Son of the Egyptian Blood

infamous2702 sitting duck
Send a message via AIM to infamous2702

I like it, but Domestic Violence 2 sucks dick!
infamous2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 AM   #11
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

Bobby's the shit anyway.
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #12
KK Camaron

KK Camaron grasshopper

I want another Digi album.......... sooo badly.
KK Camaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

very good CD. lyrically it isnt that good but i love the beats.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default poll

poll
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:42 AM   #15
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

hard to fault the album... gave it a 7, other days i could give it an 8... pretty consistent all the way through... some of rza's more interesting beats are on this album... just a couple of weak guest appearances take away a bit...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote