news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default More important for MC; Sound of voice/Or Lyrics?

I was thinking how some MCs have really ill verses, but theyre voice is so weak (or annoying) that it doesnt matter. Like some RZA verses out of Ghostface would have Ghost fans drooling and shit. (but i like RZAs voice though but he gets hate)

Rappers I think have the best sounding voice on the MIC (off the top of my head ive not really thought about it)

- Nas
- Cormega
- Prodigy?
- Ghostface
- 2Pac
- Snoop

but i think dope SOUNDING rappers can get away with weakness sometimes lol
Old 06-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Best voice mc's

Jay-z
Sheek Louch
Pac
Dmx(So much agression and pain)
etc...

I don't know which one more important,cause lots of west coast cats like eazy-e,but that nigga voice sound like he just sucked helium out a balloon.I like Dmx but his lyrical skills really aint up there but his voice makes his poetry and pain songs sound hot ass fucjk.He a good ass song writer

I really don't know which one is more important dawg
Old 06-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

lyrics, cuz i sound like rudy huxtable, but i can write a storm
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

yeah this is a problem with me, I write some good shit people tell me but when I go record i sound like shit....
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

ugod sounds crazy on the mic
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
kingidivine
Divine Cypher

kingidivine grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to kingidivine Send a message via MSN to kingidivine Send a message via Yahoo to kingidivine

Lyrics can be critiqued objectively, whereas voice cannot. Judging someone's voice is completely subjective. I think Jay-Z has the worst voice of alltime, whereas someone above said his voice is nice. So if a rapper is hated b/c his voice is wack, that's just taste and he can't take it personally. But if your lyrics are wack, u better hope your voice is ill enough to disguise it.
kingidivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Voice doesn't matter if the flow/rhymes are good enough. Eminem's old shit for example, horrible voice, yet its amazing to hear. Big L's voice is lame to me, but I like his shit.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i say definatly the voice. i can deal with weaker lyrics with a better voice. but if i dont like how it sounds im not gonna want to hear what they have to say requardless of how good it may be.

immortal technique is one that comes to mind with me. i appreciate a lot of what he has to say, but i just dont really like his voice and theirfor i dont really listen to him.

but someone say like paul wall, whos lyrics are shit, id prefer listeing to him over i.t. just because i like how he sounds better.

just one example.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
yeah this is a problem with me, I write some good shit people tell me but when I go record i sound like shit....
i got the same problem man. . . here's my take, if u wanna break into mainstream you NEED a good voice, they really don't care about lyrics (just look at "three six mafia")
if u underground a good voice is nice, but people will listen to the lyrics more closely.
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #10
Definitive X
Now known as Defcee

Definitive X grasshopper

Some voices take getting used to (i.e. Freeway; I used to hate that muthafucka, but got used to him. Still got his first album, which is pretty dope). He doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. In terms of voice, as an MC, I really wish I had either Scarface or Canibus's voice...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
=Akrobatik
Definitive X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Freeway voice is funny as hell cause sometimes he doesn't even ryhmes he just keep going and going and going without ryhming,but for some reason my dumb ass be feeling that shit.lmao Free aight but cass tore him a new asshole
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Method Man
U-God
Pimpkinhead
Rakim
Run DMC

dope voices

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote