news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
nineteen80sbaby
IMMOBILARITY

nineteen80sbaby grasshopper
Default Do you guys consider Reasonable Doubt a classic?

I'm sure some of you have seen the 17 page (and growing) thread on SOHH.com where people are arguing about RD being a classic or not, and its initial impact in the game. What is your take?
nineteen80sbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good album but not a classic despite what Jay Z dickriders say.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not classic good album though, jay z is hugely overated by a lot of ppl and no doubt the dick riders will start flooding in to tell me how wrong i am...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

I'm not a Jay-z dickryder but that albums is a classic.My favorite on there is "Feeling It',and Friend or foe"
Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah there good tracks but how is the album at all a classic given the definition of a classic?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

It's a classic in my own opinion.Everybody don't feel the same way about every album
Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
Robert
1%

I agree the albums good but a classic is an album that has a lasting impact on the hip hop culture, for example Illmatic is classic because it created a new style of rap (street poetry or whatever you like) and many artists that came after were heavily influenced by this style, such as jigga
thats my interpretation of a classic and Reasonable Doubt aint one

Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think for many people myself not included it is a personal classic, so lets leave it at that.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #9
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

ummm aight i see your point.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Production I didn't feel it 100%. There are awesome beats on there, but some I do not like at all. Not a classic.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

Jay is one of my favorite rapperss but I wouldn't say that's a classic. I just think because it's vintage hip hop it's been given that title. Def a great album but not classic.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its a dope album. for me it isnt a personal classic and i dont consider it a hip hop classic, others may disagree.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #13
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Its borderline classic, I can't decide. Take out cuts like "Ain't No Nigga" and "Cashmere Thoughts" and you got a definate classic.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

not a personal classic. a hiphop classic, hell i dont know. do most hiphop fans see it as a classic. did it have a significant impact on hiphop music?

seems to me that what this album did cuban linx had already done.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #15
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

it's classic...at least to the state of new york it is, what do you know about drivin in a stretch hummer with "aint no nigga" bumpin and mad heads runnin up the limo at a stoplight singing everyword and dancing....

so many classic cuts on that album...feelin it...brooklyns finest....dead presidents II...devils....lots of bangers on there. hovas delivery is ridic and the production/rhymes are on point. this album has moved so many units and hova is definilty one of the biggest icons in the rap game.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote