news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #31
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

nah, its a hard nose dope album but not better than that

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:38 AM   #32
wu82

wu82 grasshopper

its a classic but it becomes overrated when people dick ride like its the greatest album ever
wu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #33
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

why couldn't this be one of the greatest rap albums? it's not in my top10 but how are some of you so blind? name some flaws on the album...

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #34
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

totally classic
if u say otherwise then i dont like you
and no i dont think all his other albums are classic (except obviously, the blueprint)
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #35
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yes its classic.

its not that some of you dont like that album....that album doesnt like you!

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #36
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im really starting to think that some of you don't know the meaning of the word classic.
If you think it is a personal classic to you then fine, but to generally call it a classic is a mistake.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #37
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

The album when it first came out, it didn't have an impact as far a Cuban Linx, Illmatic, Ready To Die, Chronic, Doggystyle albums... It's Jay's Classic album, just not with the tier of the albums I mentioned..

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztradamus
The album when it first came out, it didn't have an impact as far a Cuban Linx, Illmatic, Ready To Die, Chronic, Doggystyle albums... It's Jay's Classic album, just not with the tier of the albums I mentioned..
and why exactly?............

anyway, an album doesnt have to 'change the face of the game' like i heard people say to be a classic
and i really dont think any of the albums you mentioned had that much influence other than a lot of rappers tryna get on usin those styles, no-one established suddenly changed their style to capitilize on the trend
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #39
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztradamus

i think it did, and i think it's mos definitly on the same tier as all of those albums...the album is just hiphop perfection just like the rest of those albums

Realness
Old 06-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #40
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

^ Don't get me wrong I love Reasonable Doubt, It's a great album and all.. But in no way was it recognized right away like the albums I mentioned.. Jay-Z didn't start getting recognition, until 1998... When The Hard Knock Life joint blew up... Then people started checking for his earlier work.

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #41
Tetsuo
Hamburger Pimp

Tetsuo shaolin monk

Fuck no it ain't a classic. It's just a watered down version of Cuban Linx. Jay got his whole swagger from Biggie, Rae, and Big Daddy Kane. He's got some clever lines here and there but he simply didn't/doesn't have the personality or the gravity to release a classic even if he is somewhat witty. He just capitalized on the trend Rae and Big helped set but made it less threatening.

Free Killa Sin!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EedXtPhPhlI
Tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #42
IRONFLAGCHIEF36
Veteran Member

IRONFLAGCHIEF36 shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to IRONFLAGCHIEF36

Jay-Z created mainstream so fuk him!!!
IRONFLAGCHIEF36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #43
snapple
i think i'm high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo
Fuck no it ain't a classic. It's just a watered down version of Cuban Linx. Jay got his whole swagger from Biggie, Rae, and Big Daddy Kane. He's got some clever lines here and there but he simply didn't/doesn't have the personality or the gravity to release a classic even if he is somewhat witty. He just capitalized on the trend Rae and Big helped set but made it less threatening.

stop comparing rae+ghost to hova, the only real similarity is heavy hustle influence to their influence. a clever line here and there? listen to the actual album, lyrically in every standard he slaughters every verse...his personality and swagger give him such a unique delivery how does he not personify the cocky "irunshit" swag

Realness
Old 06-17-2006, 02:25 AM   #44
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

This is kinda off-subject but, to me classic albums are bangers all the way through from start to finish. period. You can look sometime how it affected hip-hop as a whole but sometimes that shit can be so brilliant that people won't even try to imitate it. Aquemini had no real imitators but is definetly a classic.
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #45
Hidden Chamber
NYG

Hidden Chamber grasshopper

Dat's his best album
Hidden Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote