news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > SID ROW

Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #46
wampus
Wolf in sheep clothes

wampus crouching tigerwampus crouching tiger

funny post of haters. "a foooll can't seeee the ligght"
Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #47
wampus
Wolf in sheep clothes

wampus crouching tigerwampus crouching tiger

"swordsman" >>> a lot of albums
Old 06-17-2006, 06:45 AM   #48
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
co-sign id rather listen to ODB or Mef at least they make listening to music a more involved experience, instead of putting me to sleep !!
Interesting, I fell asleep while listening to Return to 36 Chambers and Tical, but not Liquid Swords.

I'm a fucking wierdo.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #49
tacle

Nah, liquid swords is overrated, it's a sick album no doubt, so badly overrated.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #50
Damo_Suzuki

Damo_Suzuki grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Damo_Suzuki

I can only name 7 better, 2 of which are rap albums: 'The Chronic' and 'The Infamous'...
Damo_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #51
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Can't - I listened to Liquid Swords today. Its definitely a top hip hop record. Real raw...
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #52
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

1. 36 Chambers
Old 06-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #53
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Yanks842
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum..."

Just let this dumbfuck talk, if you would stop replying to his anti-Wu topics, he would stop making them, plain and simple. You can't argue with this guy, he's the biggest stan on here (Aquemini GOAT? funny...) and the more you try to question him, the more babbling he does.

Let's try something. No one reply to this thread from here on and see how pussy-with-teeth reacts. It's not like you're accomplishing anything by replying because 9 out of 10 people aren't naming albums better than LS, just trying to argue with PWT's list.
co sign.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 AM   #54
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

um i dont know about albums being better than ls but theres a lot of classics on its level:
nas - illmatic
raekwon - only built 4 cuban linx (imo best album ever)
de la soul - stakes is high
eric b & rakim - paid in full
jay-z - reasonable doubt
camp lo - uptown saturday night
3rd bass - cactus album
mobb deep - the infamous
epmd - strictly business
wu tang - 36 chambers
gang starr - daily operation
outkast - aquemini
pete rock & cl smooth - mecca & the soul brother
public enemy - it takes a nation.....
atcq - midnight marauders
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 AM   #55
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

That's hard man, I can't do that I think...ok I try

-Nightmares That Surface From Shallow Sleep - Warcloud
-Smuggling Booze In the Graveyard - Warcloud

surprised???
Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #56
pablobaluba
Banned

pablobaluba grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to pablobaluba Send a message via Yahoo to pablobaluba

another idiot thread made by pussy with teeth...

my answer is that none of ghostface albums are better than ls

peace
pablobaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #57
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

Quote:
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum..."

Just let this dumbfuck talk, if you would stop replying to his anti-Wu topics, he would stop making them, plain and simple. You can't argue with this guy, he's the biggest stan on here (Aquemini GOAT? funny...) and the more you try to question him, the more babbling he does.

Let's try something. No one reply to this thread from here on and see how pussy-with-teeth reacts. It's not like you're accomplishing anything by replying because 9 out of 10 people aren't naming albums better than LS, just trying to argue with PWT's list.
what the fuck ?? why u bringin that wack ass mata killa qoute up ?? u actin like beats aint meaning shit.tztzzt...and i aint sayin that ls is wack...its like a 4 out of 5...or something like that so i aint hatin...and yes aquimini is better than ls...to me..not even close...

andre spittin on return of the g ....now listen to that...then come back and give me a gza song where the genius actully really raps like andre did...blow !
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #58
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba
another idiot thread made by pussy with teeth...

my answer is that none of ghostface albums are better than ls

peace
sc, ironman >>>>ls

cuban linx >>>ls
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #59
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

36 chambers ...
urmmmmmm
cant name no more
Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #60
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
There's nothing wack about that MK quote, no need to catch feelings over some of the realest words spoken in hip-hop, maybe ever. If you can't appreciate the greatness of Liquid Swords as a whole, I'd say "dumb" is really the only appropriate word for you, so that quote really does apply here.

If you really think SC is better than LS, you must be either A) the heaviest Ghost Stan on this planet or B) not listening to the lyrics whatsoever. Honestly, how can you consider an album where the rapper makes it blatantly clear that he's not trying to make sense better than one that demonstrates superiority in storytelling (not saying GZA is a better storyteller than Ghost, just comparing on the albums), wordplay, punchlines, and straight lyricism?

Return of the "G" = average track, Andre raps way too fast for the beat and it sounds stupid, sorry. I mean, you could've at least picked a song where he somewhat stayed on the beat if you want to demonstrate his skill.
have to disagree on this 'return of the g' is a classic, and andre is dope on it, im not entering a debate of whos better, theyre different but both good
also lots of people prefer supreme clientele, its a classic album so your preference is down tp personal choice
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote