news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > SID ROW

Old 06-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #61
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3Yanks842
There's nothing wack about that MK quote, no need to catch feelings over some of the realest words spoken in hip-hop, maybe ever. If you can't appreciate the greatness of Liquid Swords as a whole, I'd say "dumb" is really the only appropriate word for you, so that quote really does apply here.

If you really think SC is better than LS, you must be either A) the heaviest Ghost Stan on this planet or B) not listening to the lyrics whatsoever. Honestly, how can you consider an album where the rapper makes it blatantly clear that he's not trying to make sense better than one that demonstrates superiority in storytelling (not saying GZA is a better storyteller than Ghost, just comparing on the albums), wordplay, punchlines, and straight lyricism?

Return of the "G" = average track, Andre raps way too fast for the beat and it sounds stupid, sorry. I mean, you could've at least picked a song where he somewhat stayed on the beat if you want to demonstrate his skill.
sc is better to me than ls

better beats..better flow..better delivery..better sound..more tracks...better hooks..

ls only beats sc on lyrical aspects

and lol at u talkin that shit bout tha andre verse..lol at spittin too fast..son rode the beat perfectly..u really dont know what u talkin bout right there

and that mk quote is kinda wack man..hip hop always needed music..a beat...a rhythem...that qoute onlys comes from rappers that are talented at lyricsm but still failed to make a classic or even good album...they wanna excuse with the lyrical shit...but i think its ok for mk since i loved his album...but when he said that...his album wasnt out..and i disliked him at that time..thought he said that and he still was wack...i mean a lot of rappers think that they are dope cuz thex can write some lyrics...but they cant fuckin rap them..they have no flow and delivery...no charisma to let the lister actually really feel them..and sorry gza always been that kind of rapper espeically nowadays..i listen to his muggs shit..then i go right to bed
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 PM   #62
Claustrofobic
Knowing the Ledge

Claustrofobic crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
aight...the most overrated album ever award goes to..LS...followed by rd

20 better albums

enter the wu
forever
ironman
supreme clientele
cuban linx
train of thought
its dark and hell is hot
illmatic
the lost tapes
stillmatic
atliens
aquimini
me against the world
follow the leader
imfamous

more

the low end theory
da shinin
enta da stage
the great adventures of slick rick
moment of truth

just some of the dome

yall agree ? say ssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
sssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

pussy-with-teeth seems the only poster on this site with logical non-wu-dickriding posts
Old 06-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #63
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

My 15 albums better than LS are as follows:

1. OB4CL
2. OB4CL
3. OB4CL
4. OB4CL
5. OB4CL
6. OB4CL
7. OB4CL
8. OB4CL
9. OB4CL
10.OB4CL
11.OB4CL
12.OB4CL
13.OB4CL
14.OB4CL
15.OB4CL

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #64
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claustrofobic

pussy-with-teeth seems the only poster on this site with logical non-wu-dickriding posts
uh....no ....hes just a hater¿¿¿¿????

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:18 AM   #65
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

i always wonder what some people determine charisma to be... the only ones in the clan with real charisma are meth, deck and odb... my jaw drops when people refer to ghost as being charismatic...

let's be honest, my favourite album in the world is liquid swords, but realistically, there are definitely 15 albums that are better... there have been too many albums that have made much more of an impact to include it in hip hop's greatest 15 or 20 albums...

the 'nerd' rapper quote was interesting... the best part about gza is his ability to sound clever by using very simple words... unlike canibus, etc who use 15 sylable words but essentially only use them say how great they are...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #66
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Problem Child
Illmatic
All Eyes on me(I'm a big 2pac fan)
Ready To Die
etc

there are more i just can't think right now.I don't really like Gza cause he kind of like a nerd lyricist
Nerd lyricist???? What the fuck are you talking about?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #67
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the insignificant
i always wonder what some people determine charisma to be... the only ones in the clan with real charisma are meth, deck and odb... my jaw drops when people refer to ghost as being charismatic...

let's be honest, my favourite album in the world is liquid swords, but realistically, there are definitely 15 albums that are better... there have been too many albums that have made much more of an impact to include it in hip hop's greatest 15 or 20 albums...

the 'nerd' rapper quote was interesting... the best part about gza is his ability to sound clever by using very simple words... unlike canibus, etc who use 15 sylable words but essentially only use them say how great they are...

pretty much agree with all of this. good logic.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #68
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

By looking at the basis of impact on hip-hop, sure there are more albums that surpass Liquid Swords. Impact aside, Liquid Swords is a top 10 hip hop album, ever. Simple as that. Not one bad beat. Not one average beat. Not one average verse. Not one average MC. Everything done in this album was done the right way. Quit arguing about it and just appreciate it for what it is.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #69
IDI_AMIN
tommy hill ice rockin

IDI_AMIN crouching tiger

i disagree with threadstarter but theres still dumb dickridin in this thread ... i think its the comic book cover that gets people excited
IDI_AMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #70
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I hope the threadstarter got banned for this thread.
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #71
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth View Post
its dark and hell is hot
you're a fucking joker
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #72
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claustrofobic View Post

and severe hearing problems.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #73
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Enter the 36 Chambers
The Low End Theory
Ironman

and that's about it.

If I wanted to stretch it, I could add Reasonable Doubt/The Blueprint and Illmatic to my list.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #74
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This thread wins the award for the most ridicules thing I heard today; Based on the fact the maker of this thread, vagina with teeth, said Liquid Swords was the most overrated album of all time!!!!

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #75
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

There is no objective greatest album of all time. If everyone would share the same favorite album music would be kind of boring. To me Liquid Swords is the best record of all time. I just like the dark sound of the beats and the gritty drums. The lyrics and the featurings to me are just amazing.