news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey
Default JAY-Z and DEF JAM.....not that great so far...

Yo, when I first heard that Jay-Z was going to be in charge of DEF JAM.....I thought they would start putting out good albums again. However, since Jigga has been boss he has released wack ass albums by MEMPHIS BLEEK, and YOUNG GUNS (the dudes in the puppie video a couple years back)...........now I hear the next DEF JAM release is FOXY BROWN???.......does anone give a shit about FOXY BROWN???

.....seems like he is more concerned with putting out albums from his friends than actually signing and releasing albums by talented artists............like he can put out another fuckin MEMPHIS BLEEK album and we still cannot get ODB or MOP's new album out????
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
Gully
Banned

Gully grasshopper
Default Re: JAY-Z and DEF JAM.....not that great so far...

He's Putting out Budden and Redman...
Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
G.O.D.FA.T.H.A.

G.O.D.FA.T.H.A. grasshopper

And he is also putting out this guy named Fifty Cent. I have never heard of him before. Have you guys ever heard of him before?
G.O.D.FA.T.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
AK Spray
"Dawnin' On A New Day..."

AK Spray crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000
Yo, when I first heard that Jay-Z was going to be in charge of DEF JAM.....I thought they would start putting out good albums again. However, since Jigga has been boss he has released wack ass albums by MEMPHIS BLEEK, and YOUNG GUNS (the dudes in the puppie video a couple years back)...........now I hear the next DEF JAM release is FOXY BROWN???.......does anone give a shit about FOXY BROWN???

.....seems like he is more concerned with putting out albums from his friends than actually signing and releasing albums by talented artists............like he can put out another fuckin MEMPHIS BLEEK album and we still cannot get ODB or MOP's new album out????
UR bein an idiot... Young Gunz got skills... So does Memph... ANd also.. what the fuck is he s'posed to do... say to them, "Sorry, even tho ur on my label, and we have a contract signed... I'm not gonna release your album.... Cuz a few ig'nant muhfuckas don't like your shit...." I mean, c'mon... It's sum good asss news for Ghost also.. cuz Jay is a Ghost fan... and he said that they were gonna be workin together to make this next shit big.
AK Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #5
tical2000
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Spray
UR bein an idiot... Young Gunz got skills... So does Memph... ANd also.. what the fuck is he s'posed to do... say to them, "Sorry, even tho ur on my label, and we have a contract signed... I'm not gonna release your album.... Cuz a few ig'nant muhfuckas don't like your shit...." I mean, c'mon... It's sum good asss news for Ghost also.. cuz Jay is a Ghost fan... and he said that they were gonna be workin together to make this next shit big.
Okay bro......as far as YOUNG GUNZ having skills.....are they not the same dudes cuddeling up to puppies in that wack ass video a couple years back? (to hbe honest I never gave them a listen after seeing that gay shit).......and MEMPHIS BLEEK, the dude who has released the same mediocre album 4 times in a row

.....all I am saying is that, why not release albums by ODB, MOP, REDMAN, etc........all these albums have been put on hold.......but instead the focus is on releasing some 3rd string rappers who aint that great.....
Old 06-09-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
AK Spray
"Dawnin' On A New Day..."

AK Spray crouching tiger

Quote:
Okay bro......as far as YOUNG GUNZ having skills.....are they not the same dudes cuddeling up to puppies in that wack ass video a couple years back? (to hbe honest I never gave them a listen after seeing that gay shit).......and MEMPHIS BLEEK, the dude who has released the same mediocre album 4 times in a row

.....all I am saying is that, why not release albums by ODB, MOP, REDMAN, etc........all these albums have been put on hold.......but instead the focus is on releasing some 3rd string rappers who aint that great.....
I sort of understand what ur sayin at the begginin of that, but ur still bein close-minded about 'em....

BUT.. ODB's album is no longer under Jay's control.. that's Dame's area... M.O.P. are no longer on DJ or the ROC.. they are on Gay-Unit... and.... I dunno shit about Redman.. I know he's been workin on those Gillahouse FAm Mixtapes er whatevers tho.
AK Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #7
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Quote:

LMAO! I dont like Young Gunz or Bleek as much not that great 2 me
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 AM   #8
Sherz
I make it look easy

Sherz grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Sherz

Am having a hard time tryin to figure the connection between heaving skills and cuddeling puppy's in vids, I mean do you have more skills if your shooting somebody. And how do you know about their skills if you never listening to them? Geezzzz..

MOP didn't wanna mess with Jay & Red album coming out later this year. Jay not releasing Memph is like 50 not singing on his records, impossible, but I agree that Memph's album was garbage. As of now, am lost all faith in dude, all of it. YG's ain't that bad tho, if you can listen to them without prejugdments you mind find yourself diggin them.. a bit. Am not a fan of them niggaz, but I do find their music to be enjoyable from time to time/

As far as The Carter Administration, give him at least a year or so. Kanye is gonna doing sum serious damage that's for certian. But I do believe that Jay needs to do more on his marketing managment, he may put his faith in Ghost, put if the marketing machine fails the product, then you know its chart longetivity gonna sink faster than the titanic.

VDB: The Wu-Tang Mountain
a/k/a the wolves who made a widow out of grandpa
Sherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:10 AM   #9
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper

we dunno if odb is under dames control there has been sum heavy rumors saying def jam font drop odb.....and as far as red goes the muthafuckas delayed that shit again it was supposed 2 come out this summer but it wont....n some1 said sumptin about the mixtapes well u can drop mixtapes without ur label sayin shit 2 that....n mop didnt go 2 g-u-not records after all according to dame dash....n u heard the dmx???they made him do the album altough he didnt wanna cuz he hated the label like every1 else.....n i tell u its the worst music ive ever heard from x

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #10
LikwidSwordz
Veteran Member

LikwidSwordz grasshopper

Look......Bleek, Young Gunz, blah blah blah they are all GOOD rappers.....but i mean compare them to Immortal Technique, or Rakim, or Gza, or Ghostface, or Nas, etc....they SUCK ASS. So thats why everyone is like "they suck" why waste your time listening to whack ass rappers when you got so many other better ones.
LikwidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #11
pablobaluba
Banned

pablobaluba grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to pablobaluba Send a message via Yahoo to pablobaluba

jay z sucks
pablobaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #12
SHAOLIN GENERAL

SHAOLIN GENERAL grasshopper

Guys, don't forget it takes years to make an album sometimes. How many years has Jay-Z been Prez? 1? not even? Chill give the man some time. He goin to do his thing there.
SHAOLIN GENERAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

um HELLO
did it ever occur to you that maybe just MAYBE Redman aint finished with an album???
and MAYBE Foxy and Memph are done and will be released?
god damn ur one ignorant fuck, lol
so if the ODB album only had 3 tracks done and the Young Gunz album was done....u'd want ODB's shit released first?
get tha fuck outta here
and for the YG bein with puppies or watever....so what? that means they rappin bout puppies? DAMN!
and Memph Bleek had a couple sad albums, true....but i bet u didnt even listen to 534
shit is way better than any of his work!
stop being ignorant....its ppl like u that killin' hip-hop

peace

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #14
Queen Bee

I care about Foxy's album!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
tical2000
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzarectah_93-??
um HELLO
did it ever occur to you that maybe just MAYBE Redman aint finished with an album???
and MAYBE Foxy and Memph are done and will be released?
god damn ur one ignorant fuck, lol
so if the ODB album only had 3 tracks done and the Young Gunz album was done....u'd want ODB's shit released first?
get tha fuck outta here
and for the YG bein with puppies or watever....so what? that means they rappin bout puppies? DAMN!
and Memph Bleek had a couple sad albums, true....but i bet u didnt even listen to 534
shit is way better than any of his work!
stop being ignorant....its ppl like u that killin' hip-hop

peace
dude, you sound like a douchebag.....but I will answer some of the stuff you said

...the ODB album has been done for months and has been sitting on the shelf

....REDMAN has been fighting with DEF JAM to put out a record for over a year

......YOUNG GUNZ rap about there "gangsta", next moment they are in a video cuddeling up to puppies and lookin cute!....THIS IS THE SORT OF SHIT THAT IS KILLING HIP HOP!!! DUDES TRYING TO ACT GANGSTA THEN ARE ON THE BUBBLEGUM SHIT!

....so what MEMOPH BLEEK put out an album alittle better than the very mediocre albums he dropped before.....who cares

I dont think I was being ignorant, in stating what I said in this thread cause it is all the truth