news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: TURN IT UP!!
5: Masterpiece 4 80.00%
4: Banger 1 20.00%
3: Good 0 0%
2: Boring 0 0%
1: Wackadoccious 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default KRS-One - Return of the Boom Bap

1. KRS-One Attacks (prod DJ Premier)
2. Outta Here (prod DJ Premier)
3. Black Cop (prod KRS-One)
4. Mortal Thought (prod DJ Premier)
5. I Can't Wake Up (prod DJ Premier, KRS-One)
6. Slap Them Up feat. Ill Will (prod Norty Cotto)
7. Sound Of Da Police (prod Showbiz)
8. Mad Crew (prod KRS-One)
9. Uh Oh (prod KRS-One)
10. Brown Skin Woman (prod Kid Capri)
11. Return Of The Boom Bap (prod KRS-One)
12. "P" Is Still Free (prod DJ Premier)
13. Stop Frontin' (prod Kid Capri)
14. Higher Level (prod DJ Premier)

I regard this as one of the best hip-hop albums of pre-Wu NY scene. DJ Premier made some of the illes beats I've ever heard (Outta Here, I Can't Wake Up). Whole album production is tight, dark, really grimesy.
As for lyrics, some songs can be regarded as best KRS ever did. Especially Black Cop - man, this song can stand besides Fuck tha Police as second best anti-police song ever made.

For me, it's between 10 best hip-hop albums ever made. 10/10
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

It does have some banger tracks. Not even a classic album to me though. Mortal Thought is the best to me though.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

This album is a classic and it's his best solo album. Only songs i don't like on the album is Brown Skin Woman and Stop Frontin. I like the police siren noise he makes on Sound Of Da Police song. The album cover is tight.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

brown skin woman is straight neck breaking
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

classic 10/10
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
Dragondude_R

Dragondude_R grasshopper

Classic indeed.

WHOOP, WHOOP!
Dragondude_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

Classic.... One of the illest albums I've eva heard...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
NY_Mami
Wu Fan

NY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to NY_Mami

Love this album....... "I Can't Wake Up" has got to be one of the most original forms of story tellin' in Hip-Hop.....

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

NY_Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #9
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

^^ word! i love this track on my mp3 player while im lurkin thru town, stoned as a fuck, unable to act normal...
Old 08-08-2007, 04:47 AM   #10
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is my favourite KRS album. DJ Premier on 6 tracks & KRS on the mic fuckin dope dope album 9/10

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Mad Crew & Brown Skin Woman r real classicz, all other trackz r near classicz, so all in all, one more classic album by blastmasta!!!

P.E.A.C.E.
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ if "Sound of Da Police" is not a hip-hop classic, then I don't know what the fuck is.. a classic track is not only about if you rate it 10/10 or not.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Classic no doubt.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this album is fucking insane, classic by every sense of the word. people who doesn't understand KRS-One's greatness should blast this and get converted, it displays why he is one of the greatest MC's in the history of hip-hop. It's also heavy proof that being the best has NOTHING to do with how many multies and similies you can press into your verses, his flow is straight-forward but the intensity and delivery and Jamaican influences is straight up unique. the topics on the album ranges from police brutality, religion, racism and black activism to keeping hip-hop real and brown skin women. Brilliant shit, no doubt about it.

Production is just as dope wether it be the one and only DJ Premier, Showbiz, Kid Capri or KRS himself hitting them up. The only song on here that i ain't too crazy about is "Uh Oh", it's a decent song but gets quite repetitive but still it doesn't take away from the album which can only be a 5/5.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Claaa7, Uh Oh song is tight. I don't know why you don't like that one. I like the beatbox on that one. Ill Will dude is tight. I liked his lyrics on Slap Them Up song.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote