news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms
Default which is the correct backpacker explanation?!

im confused, i always thought nowadays it was someone who thought nelly n 50 n was the be-all and end-all of rap.

but then it says its someone whos into undergound, like me.

jus to ya dont start shit, yes i knew originally it was from graffing kids n shit, so im not ignoring the roots, hence the NOWADAYS its someone into nelly...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=backpacker

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

For one thing.I never knew whaT THE FUCK A BACKPACKER IS.i ALWAYS THOUGHT CATS WAS TALKING ABOUT DRUGS
Old 06-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

ok a back packer never was/is someone who likes nelly/50 cent. When people talk of back packers on here, its used negativly to describe someone who hates anything popular (like on MTV) and only listens to underground shit.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #4
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

They can call it whatever......I love underground hiphop..graffing, turntablism and so forth. Im not into todays hiphop...Im an underground head straight through. I guess Im into nerd rap if you want to call it that lol. But anyway if they call you a backpacker then smile with pride...I do.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk

People call other people back packers because it seems that they hate anything popular, not because its bad music, but just because its popular, without giving it a real chance. Take the Chamillionaire song, Riding Dirty for example. The average "backpacker" would just dismiss it automatically, due to the fact that it got play on MTV, and everyone likes it, when if most of them actually listend to the song, they might enjoy it. That's what angers people who call other people back packers, its their close-mindedness.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Labels, fuck that shit, if you guys saw my collection you could never pigeon hole me, I just like whatever sounds dope, I love the culture.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

I like whatever sound dope to.If it sounds dope to me i'll play it.Fuck what another nigga might say about it
Old 06-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
ok a back packer never was/is someone who likes nelly/50 cent. When people talk of back packers on here, its used negativly to describe someone who hates anything popular (like on MTV) and only listens to underground shit.
exactly, they down on people who listen to 50 n shit and label them backpackers. so i thought a backpacker was someone who listens to nelly n shit (popular like on MTV).

so a backpacker IS me.lol. listens to underground (good) hip-hop?

Aka. Living Proof
Old 06-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk

no no no, ur misreading my shit. They don't down on people who listen to 50 and shit, they down on people who only listen to underground shit (which would be a backpacker)

If you only listen to underground hip hop, and hate anything on TV, then you would be considered a back packer
Old 06-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
no no no, ur misreading my shit. They don't down on people who listen to 50 and shit, they down on people who only listen to underground shit (which would be a backpacker)

If you only listen to underground hip hop, and hate anything on TV, then you would be considered a back packer
aaah right. cheers man. now i get it. soo then i guess im not a backpacker cos i like 50's older shit.

Aka. Living Proof
Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Oh darn..then I guess I am lol.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
xHard to Earnx
ADEPT

xHard to Earnx grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie
underground (good)

That right there is why you people suck.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

so is being a packpacker nagative?

if someone listens to only underground hiphop but is willing to and has given popular hiphop a listen and doesnt like it, are they a backpacker? and if that means they are, is this a bad thing?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Backpack rappers use dictionaries, thesauruses and rhyme dictionarys to help them rhyme all that intelligent or mad-morphing multis. Thus the books in their backpack help them write those songs. Am I dead wrong or dead accurate?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #15
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

haha dead funny
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote