news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg
Default "The Return of Dr. Octagon" viral campaign.

taken from IGN.com
------------------------

What follows is the first of 8 chapters leading up to the release of the new Doctor Octagon album, The Return Of Dr Octagon, which hits stores June 27th, 2006.

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 1

AS YOU MAY RECALL
... 10 years since Dr. Octagon's groundbreaking first address to the world, Dr. Octagonecologyst, a musical recording with a combination of lyrical alchemy and beat science powerful enough to teleport the first human listeners to rap in the year 3000.

... 7 years since Dr. Dooom murdered Dr. Octagon on the opening track to Dooom's "First Come First Served"... Dr. Octagon's office in the Bronx was boarded up, the nurses obliged to seek alternate means of employment. Thousands of patients in need of rectal rebuilding or removing turtles from their uteruses had to fulfill their medical needs elsewhere. The toll-free hotline 1-800-PP5-1-DOODOO and his space age cell 709 755 6EL3 were both disconnected.

BACK IN THE PRESENT
The Pop epidemic proliferates, poisoning millions. Evil forces at work, those who "water down the sound that comes from the ghetto", continue plugging this poison directly into Earth society's mainstream, in greater and greater doses. The casualties mount, while The National Guard United States Enterprise is helpless. The rap game, overcrowded with so-called rap super-villains, now more than ever before, could use a rap superhero.

ELSEWHERE ON PLANET EARTH...
The team at OCD International arrived for work to find a small indiscriminate package has arrived mysteriously at their doorstep. Unlabeled. How curious. Opening the box, its sole content is discovered - what seems to be a nano-size mp3 player, in purple-green casing adorned with shimmering blue flowers. An inscription, laser etched on the back reads, "Attention: Earth People. From the Labs of Dr. Octagon, Planet Jupiter".

Could it be? THE RETURN OF DR OCTAGON!? Is this really the one & only Dr. Octagon? The folks at OCD had to get to the bottom of this. The tracks were immediately ripped off the mp3 player and then shipped for intense forensic voice identification. IT IS HIM!

But what is he saying? What is the message and why is it left with OCD? To get to the bottom of the mystery as crack team of musical experts were assembled to analyze the content of some key track and decipher the code.

First on the case was DJ Mike Relm, inventor of the Zodyak Scop System, esteemed architect of the future sound of hip hop. Mike has seen a lot of strange things in his time; it is no secret that he was once a Turntable Terrorist trafficking in supernatural sonics. He plugged into his ProTools, only to find himself possessed... By some superior force.

After an indefinite period of time, he awoke with a start, in his studio in San Francisco. He vaguely recalls visions of a 12th century turret in the old quarter of Prague, and a vile, evil creature only describable as halfsharkalligatorhalfman. Not to mention, Mike's throbbing head. Confused and disoriented, he glanced over to his computer screen. A long, dense 20-minute waveform is displayed; the name of the file reads "Octagynaemix". Could it be Mike's mix unfolded during a freak forced coma brought on from post-future hypnotic soundwave embedded in the files. Or did Mike just have some bad fish.

Only he truly knows...

Download track: Mike Relm - Octagonical Megamix
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa...Dr_Octagon.mp3
Old 06-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 2

When we last left off, Mike Relm started the Decipher Series by breakin' down the history of the infamous Dr Octagon. But still unclear on what this new material was intended to mean, OCD has gone to their list of interpreters to get to the root of it.

Meanwhile on the Left Coast...

A hot, gray Los Angeles afternoon finds Gray Kid chillin' on Venice Beach. Mac on his lap, posting to his blog, the Kid is interrupted by a pop-up window. It's OCD on the I.M.

OCD: We need your services a.s.a.p.
GrayKid5678: Is there dough involved?
OCD: None, this is for the sake of all mankind.
Graykid5678: What are you talking about?
OCD: The Return of Dr. Octagon is upon us.
GrayKid5678: Oh word?
OCD: Yeah, we need you to decipher the hidden meaning of an audio track entitled "Al Green." We believe it was sent to us by Dr. Octagon.
GrayKid5678: I thought that dude got got...
OCD: Just accept the File Transfer and get to work Kid.
GrayKid5678: Now you're all bossy like? Whatever, I'm about it, but you owe me one holmes...

As the file transfer completes, the Kid queues the track in his media player and slips his headphones on. He pauses to observe the scene around him. Beautiful women in bikinis, bodybuilders with goatees, kids with rainbow colored waterguns. All is well. Yet, the Kid feels uneasy. He hesitates, then presses play.

The bass loop, the guitar stabs, the piano keys - the Kid is mesmerized. The hair on his neck jump to attention, his pupils harden and his veins begin to bulge. When the vocal drops, the Kid gasps and glances up. A large, hairy man dressed in traditional Pakistani garb stands before him. The man places his sweaty arms on the Kid's shoulders, staring him down with eyes glowing neon green. The man speaks, oddly enough, with an urban American accent, "All you motherfuckers trying to be Al Green... Suckers, pack your shit!"

The Kid snatches his headphones off and shakes his head vigorously to snap out of the hallucination. The strange man gone, everything around him appears to be normal. Yet, convinced that something sinister is afoot, the Kid gets to work. He cuts and pastes and patches and scratches until the sun sets, until the investigative analysis is complete. He emails the results, the raw essence of the audio distilled via his skills as a pop chemist, off to OCD.

Now that business has been taken care of, the Kid smacks his lips contemplating the thought of slurping down a cool cerveza to relax with after all the day's excitement. His left hand reaches into his pocket to pull out funds to turn this dream into a reality. He freezes.

"Yo! Where's my money clip?"

Download track: Al Green - The Gray Kid [Al Greezy Mix]
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa...eezy_Remix.mp3

Last edited by brown_dogg; 06-18-2006 at 01:52 PM.
brown_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 3

Dark clouds have descended over the OCD offices. It's been three weeks since receiving the mysterious package from the good Doctor and they are nowhere closer to deciphering his message for the people of earth. What's worse is their two previous code crackers have become useless. Mike Relm has been only responding in binary code, which when deciphered, says

"Times up Ants move with the bell"

The Gray Kid has been committed to a mental hospital. They last heard he has been scribbling on the walls:

"Look at them crawl, look at them climb up the wall, like roaches"

Nervous, anxious, and paranoid, all seems lost for the people of OCD. After putting their heads together, they turn their attention to the Northern CA hills. Placing a call on the purple phone, it rings 14 times only to receive this message:

"Sorry, Her Space Holiday is not in right now. We are out on a global tour teaching a 12-part dissertation on how the past presents the future: a study of audiological time travel. Please leave your message after the beat beat beat."

Defeated, devastated and defunct, the OCD feels the walls closing in on them. The despair lies on top of them like the weight of the world. Not a word is spoken. Then the purple phone rings. As it's picked up, someone yells, "Track that call!"

OCD Operator: How did you get this number?

The Money Fight: That is not important. We hear you have... some problems.

OCD Operator: Who is this? Where are you from?

TMF: We are The Money Fight. Where we are from is of no importance, what is important is that you listen closely.

OCD Tracker: It's coming from LA

OCD Operator: What do you want?

TMF: You must listen. We hear you received a package. We received the same package 5 years ago. Upon opening it, destruction and chaos descended upon our society. People were almost crushed under a weight of despair and grief. We were nearly decimated as a people.

OCD Tracker: Wait, its New York. Keep them talking.

OCD Operator: What happened?

TMF: We thought all was lost. Villages burned, people terrorized each other in the streets, and our society was reduced to almost nothing. That was until we were able to break the code. Through a combination of modern technology, audiological innovations and numerous sacrifices, we were able to save our great society. We were almost able to undo the damage. Almost. We hear two of your people have been infected.

OCD Tracker: Australia!

OCD Operator: Yes, can you help them?

TMF: Yes, we can. You are safe for now. And if you ever find the 'good' doctor, tell him we are coming for him.

OCD Tracker: Saturn?

OCD Operator: Hello? Hello?

All is silent again. Had that all been a prank? Suddenly all the computers light up and the stereo switches on. A whistle blows. As the beat drops, and the strings soar, all begins to look up at the OCD office.

And we go "la, la, la, laaaaaa..."

Download track: The Money Fight - Ants
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa...fight_fire.mp3

Last edited by brown_dogg; 06-18-2006 at 01:58 PM.
brown_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

too lazy to read that, is there another octagon album?
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 4

For those who have been staying up late at night in anticipation of the next unveiling of Dr. Octagon soniference, the wait is over!

The Setting:
3 AM, a wet, but warm late night, or should we say early morn, in the Bronx. Def Jukie Rob Sonic finds himself, as he has many times, at his favorite joint, The Telicatessen. His head in his hands, elbows on the table, over a cup of the blackest cup of Joe this side of 110th Street, he recounts the events to the evening.

Earlier That Night:
A blowout party downtown was taking place in the honor of slain sucker MCs. Rob's place at the bar was firmly in place when a hand drops on his left shoulder. As he turns to find no one there he returns face forward to a small box on the bar. "What the … "

The box reads "For your eyes only." He expects it's a joke played on him and decides to pause on the opening.

Back at The Telicatessen:
A strange headache has descended on Rob by this point and the short stack with sausage hasn't helped the cause. A solid stroke of the cloth napkin to clean his lips and leaves his staring back at the mysterious box. "Screw it, ..." he mumbles to himself as he grabs the knife beside him, gives the box a shake and digs in. The contents reveal two things; a CD burn labeled "Dr Octagon" with a Sharpie and a note from OCD saying:

"This is what I wanted you to hear."

"What ever…" He says to himself as he drops two Lincolns on the table face down and nods to the cute waitress behind the counter.

As Rob looks up and heads to the door he swears he sees from the corner of his eye two beady eyes glowing green through the window. But it's late and he plays it off to exhaustion.

On the way to the car an eerie feeling of being followed consumes him. Nothing but shadows behind him yet still the feeling persists. His pace quickens… Movement to his right… Shuffles heard to the left … and a strange musty smell floats in the air. He darts to the car and locks the door with a feeling of momentary safety.

The disc still in hand, he slips it in the player and kicks on the ignition. The track begins, the gas pedal descends and he pulls off. Soon after Rob feels a sharp shock as his car is bumped from behind. Looking in the rearview mirrors, he sees a green pick up truck, just inches behind him. A large, dark, muscle-bound figure is behind the wheels. The pickup drops back and smashes them again. This time, a taillight is broken off. Rob expels expletives "What the f#@k!"

Rob accelerates, pushing 70 mph, trying to escape this madman insisting on a dangerous high-speed chase. The truck changes left, then right, then back again trying to overtake Rob's vehicle. Rob glances at the gas tank gauge on his dashboard - It's getting close to empty. Rob is surprised; he distinctly remembers filling up just earlier that day. Rob searches for a truck stop but there doesn't seem to be any in sight. Bam! The truck hits him again.

He turns back…
"What the …!? Is that a gorilla?"

The rest unfolds …as such.

Download track: Rob Sonic - A Gorilla Driving A Pick-Up Truck [Road Rage Mix]
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa...onic_Remix.mp3
Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 5

Dr. Octagon continues to prepare his re-invasion of global audio receptors. Here in the latest installment of his quest for sonic domination, the good Doctor is joined by Cassettes Won't Listen.

OCD International HQ

A red light blinks on the machine. As play is pressed, a frantic message comes over sound system.

"I just got chased by a freakin' gorilla in a pick up truck. What's going on? Doesn't feel right. I'm coming to L.A. to get to the bottom of this. Sonic out."

The staff at OCD Headquarters had heard rumors that something was happening on the east coast and they had sent out a crack team of experts to investigate. Entrusted with the cure provided by The Money Fight, they knew they could be of great assistance. Gray Kid and Mike Relm were all but recovered and ready to get back to deciphering the strange messages received from Dr. Octagon.

There had been some changes to the original package they received. It had begun to blink "06272006" repeatedly and to the dismay of their hackers, they had not been able to figure out this new level to the mystery. Things were stable, yet not moving forward. Frustrated, the lead hacker sat down over the monitors to give it one more try.

While working through algorithms, polyrhythms and audiological historical charts, the monitor began to shimmy, shake and worm out of focus. The screen flashed "Cassettes Won't Listen" over and over till it went blank. When it came back, a bearded man in glasses had replaced the charts in front of him. As the man began to speak, it seemed like the voice was coming from inside the hacker's head.

I am Cassettes Won't Listen. I have hacked into your system and have been following your progress on The Return Dr. Octagon. I waited to reveal myself until I knew you were good people and could be trusted. I know you are trying to decipher what he sent you and I think I may be of some assistance.

About 8 years ago, along with 5 friends, I was abducted. We were tortured, cloned and kept in isolation. Of the 6 of us, two survived. The other survivor, Travis Walten, was killed by one of the clones because of what we knew. I have since gone underground as a One Man Army to fight these imposters. The fact that I survived is not important. What is important is who I found on that ship.

Dr. Octagon was kept in the cell next to me. The aliens had abducted him as a prime candidate to study all things regarding grills, pills and bills. He had been cloned, and his clones had been sent out to destroy the universe. That's who visited the planet of The Money Fight people. That's who have been causing havoc all over the universe.

What I am trying to say is that Dr. Octagon is alive.

I was able to record a conversation with him before we were released using a makeshift recording device of duct tape and space age technology, which I am uploading now. You know everything I know. I will rendezvous with your team when they get to New York City and explain the situation. We will fight the good fight and continue to search out these clones and destroy them. These imitators must be stopped at all costs. Cassettes Won't Listen ...out.

As the bearded man faded from the screen, a green button appeared. The hacker hesitated, shook his head and pressed the flashing icon. The hacker listened in awe as the history of Dr. Octagon began to reveal itself. As he ran to inform his superiors, a van screeched to a halt outside hq…

Download track: Cassettes Won't Listen - Aliens [Hearing Aid Remix]
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa..._Aid_Remix.mp3
Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 6

Paris, France
At a streetside cafe on the wrong side of the river Seine, Kid Loco sips an aperitif while staring intently at his laptop screen, He is reviewing updates on the Decipher project from OCD HQ and he can't believe what he's reading. A planet destroyed by Dr. Octagon clones; fellow decipherers gone delusional and then cured by a mysterious cure; abducted hackers claiming to have met the real Dr. Octagon years ago; gorillas driving pick up trucks… How do all these events fit in with each other? What does it all mean?

Kid Loco inhales deeply and looks skyward. How can he, a hopeless romantic, an urban artist raised on the boulevards of Paris, be expected to wrap his head around these seemingly inexplicable ongoings in the U.S.? Whatever's going on there, may soon spread everywhere. He knows if he just concentrates and focuses, maybe, just maybe, he can come up with the missing link to tie it all together.

He reaches into his pockets and pulls out a smooth-rolled blunt of rare Pakistani hashish - Kid Loco's secret psychic weapon that he likes to call the Three Feet High Reefer. He lights it up, puffs it up, closes his eyes and prepares to Zen out. His dubbed out re-interpretation of "A Gorilla Driving A Pick-Up Truck (Banana Loco Mix)" cues itself onto his mp3 playlist.

Kid Loco lets his mind do the walking, through each of the tracks on the Dr. Octagon recording. It sounds almost as if the Dr. Octagon on this new recording is not quite the same man (creature?) that produced the perverted Dr. Octagynaecologist 10 years ago. As the purple haze thickens, Loco realizes that "Trees" is clearly a warning on the dangers of pollution. We know the Earth's environment generally disagreed with Dr. Octagon, turning his skin "green and silver, warhead lookin' mean". Loco smacks his lips to the sweet, sticky fumes and thinks about the lyrics on "Ants", where the Doctor is above the clouds, looking down on humans tiny as ants. Perhaps, this is a new perspective to help us remember how ephemeral our existence is?

There's "Perfect World", where Octagon declares, "Men with suits & ties sitting call the shots from a chair / Hummers comin' at night with dark light / More drama looking thru the sun roof at a stealth bomber." With the political messages behind "Jumpstart" and "Eat It", Octagon demonstrates a certain sympathy for the human race, instead of the self-destructive tendencies he displayed previously. Has the Doctor been reborn? Is he offering us a key to ending suffering and pestilence? Is this recording the ying to Dr. Octagynaecologist's yang? Then… maybe the foul circumstances surrounding this recording have more to do with someone trying to prevent Dr. Octagon from succeeding in our salvation?

As the sweet, sticky fumes subside, a green Chevy pick-up truck rolls to an abrupt stop on the curb, directly in front of Kid Loco. A huge, hairy ape in a spacesuit wrestles the door open. He steps out, stretches his arms and legs, and purveys the scene. He spots Kid Loco, walks over to him, and takes a seat. He speaks in a low, gruff voice.

Gorilla: "So, Kid Loco. You think you have it all figured out, huh?"

Kid Loco: "Why are you trying to stop Dr. Octagon?"

The gorilla guffaws, snorting through his enormous nostrils. He shoots Kid Loco an evil grin, and in a sudden flash he's gone. Only later does Kid Loco realize that the gorilla took off with the quarter ounce of hash he had neatly tucked away in his jacket pocket. "Merde", Kid Loco shouts furiously; "We are going to find you, monkey. And we are going to get to the bottom of this."

Download track: Kid Loco - A Gorilla Driving A Pick-Up Truck [Banana Loco Remix]
http://musicmovies.ign.com/music/aud...a_Loco_Mix.mp3
Old 06-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #8
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Dr. Octagon Returns: Chapter 7

OCD International HQ
Rob Sonic sat around the OCD HQ with a cup of coffee in front of him, As he slowly poured a healthy serving of whiskey into it, he looked around him. Mike Relmn, Gray Kid, along with the OCD staff sat to his left while on monitors to his right were the people of the Money Fight, Cassettes Won't Listen and Kid Loco (whose transmission looked smoky at best.) All Rob could think was, "how the fuck did I get into this?"

It had all been pretty much pieced together. The Gorilla who had come after Sonic and Loco was the evil mastermind behind all this. It was somehow connected to the clones that had helped destroyed TMF's home planet, but they were still unsure what that connection was. And that damn package was still flashing 06272006 and no one had been able to stop it. Ok, maybe there were a few things to figure out.

Sonic knew he was at least safe and he had a plan. Well, he had a dream. A dream with a man dressed in a hooded robe. The man had appeared in a yellow robe in the center of Sonic's room with a hood covering most of his head with number 908 emblazed across the front. On the back of the robe in big black letters, were the letters AG.

"Greetings. I am a disciple from the house of AG. We are an ancient society whose sole purpose is to help in times of need before great battles. You are going to war Rob Sonic. The Gorilla that chased you has been responsible for destroying countless worlds all over this galaxy. They were the ones that invented the cloning technology that was used to create the Dr Octagon clones. What Cassettes Won't Listen thought were Aliens, were actually The Gorillas, who lose the ability to retain their body hair in space.

OCD had done everything right. But someone made a fatal mistake. You. You think you lost The Gorilla? You lead him right to the source. He knows exactly where you are, and he is planning to destroy OCD HQ and steal the good Doctor's package before the world can hear his message. This cannot happen. You must fight. You must save the planet. It is up to you."

With that, Rob had awoken from his dream to find a dark room and a bad headache. As he fumbled for the lights, he found a space raygun and a training tape with the word Disciple 908 imprinted on it.

As Sonic relayed this to the stunned table around him, he picked up the space gun and pressed play on the training tape. As the beats from the House of AG dropped in, he looked around the table and told them:

"Pack yo sh!t. We going to war. Suckahs."

Download track: 908 - Al Green (Chapter 2) [Verse 908 Remix]
http://worlds-fair.net/media/dr_octa..._908_remix.mp3
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #9
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

Chapter 8 (final chapter) comes next week.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #10
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

im sure i read KK aint ever gonna do a Dr. Oc follow up, it was a solo album.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper

The Return of Dr. Octagon drops on June 27th.