news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper
Default Best beat on "The Infamous"

Ok there's a ton of incredible selection here. I know a lot are gonna say Shook Ones Pt. II, but I don't care. To me, Trife Life is the best. It's got that got darkness, with that incredible bassline flowing in the background with the extremely hard drums. I'd go with Survival of the Fittest, Eye For An Eye, and Shook Ones to follow.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

Nice topic!

Yo for me, and this is one of my favorite beats of all time; it's gotta be Drink Away the Pain. I really like Q-Tip's production, I loved One Love. He straight up killed this one. I like when producers incorporate jazz, and the Abstract did it perfectly here. Amazing beat, top 5 for me. Whole album has great production. peace.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

PDTantisocial shaolin monk

Survival of the Fittest, that organ is just too fuckin' nasty.
In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
PDTantisocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
LRRdragon
Unknown

LRRdragon grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to LRRdragon

whut do u mean by deadly melodey being cute?

Anywayz shook ones pt.2 does hav a simple but nice ass beat but if u lookin for dark all we got iz us iz good but don't listen to it if u ain't real n live in a good neighborhood makes the projects i've seen look lik disneyland.
LRRdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah drink away the pain is dope, but survival of the fittest is my favourite.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #6
LRRdragon
Unknown

LRRdragon grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to LRRdragon

to be honest the whole cd iz sik to bad they got their ass kicked lyrically by 2pac
LRRdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Probably my 2nd best produced CD.

I'm going with Shook Ones pt. II. Its so hard to choose after that, the whole cd is top notch except QU Hectic seems a little average on the beat to me.

But Honestly, Shook Ones pt. II is the best beat of all time, it can not be fucked with. Nothing sounds as bad ass as when that low guitar kicks in (yes its a guitar, not a piano). The whole shit is perfect, then that screetching noise on the chorus. It can not be beaten.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRRdragon
whut do u mean by deadly melodey being cute?
I'm just that dude.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:31 AM   #9
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well there are so many good beats, i like up north trip, trife life is such a grimy, haunting beat, give up the goods is another favourite but the best is prolly Shook Ones part. II, dope album though, prolly a classic
peace

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #10
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

Shook Ones Pt II, That was my shit in 95

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #11
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Shook ones pt2 is my favourate, I almost shit myself when I heard it in the 8 mile movie, but after that Im going to go with Survival of the fittest, classic raw shit.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #12
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

its a close call, but ill go with trife life cause i like grimey beats and it really goes well with the whole concept of the song

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #13
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Trife life & Cradle to the Grave. Shook Ones Pt. II is also close. Production is overall exceptional.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #14
Blastah
Veteran Member

Blastah grasshopper

Most of the album, but Right Back At You is my favourite. Survival Of The Fittest 2nd, Shook Ones Pt. 2 3rd.
Blastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:00 AM   #15
HEMAK
acoustic assassin

HEMAK shaolin monk

we strive
HEMAK is offline   Reply With Quote