news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Definitive X
Now known as Defcee

Definitive X grasshopper
Default Van Morrison

This guy was a HUGE part of my childhood...my pops had his shit on cassette when tape decks in cars were status symbols...if you listen to any one of his albums, peep "The Philosopher's Stone"...no, not the Harry Potter book (although J.K. Rowling might have bit the title from Van)...anyway...anyone else on Wucorp like his music?

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
=Akrobatik
Definitive X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Damo_Suzuki

Damo_Suzuki grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Damo_Suzuki

I've got a few of his albums - he's great - my favourites are 'Astral Weeks' and 'Veedon Fleece'.
Damo_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:24 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I used to bump his best of album back in the day. Awesome shit. I remember driving down to the beach on new years eve with a bunch of mates, drinking a bottle of cheap, nasty wine, and pumping that cd on the car stereo. Good times.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My parents used to play his music a lot and since a couple of months I'm really getting into his music myself.

I think he's a great singer, one of the best voices in music.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

i got a feeling Jeru really like em...eloels.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Van Morrison is good shit. I like Astral Weeks and Moondance. He used to kick it with Jim Morrison back in the day on some stupid hippy shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 AM   #7
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

I like "Sweet Thing", "Brown Eyed Girl", "Warm Love", "Bright Side of the Road"

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My mother always used to play him.

As a result, i know most of his material.

On a trip somewhere a year or to ago, some idiot friend of mine threw on an album of his one night, and i surprisingly enjoyed it.

So yeah, he's not bad.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

He's pretty good, and would be awesome for hip hop samples IMO. Or so says my friend who's a fan of the guy. But that kids pretty wise when it comes to music. I don't think I've ever dislike a band he's introduced me to. I don't love Alkaline Trio though, but they're good lyrically. Best band he's shown me was Streetlight Manifesto, best thing from NJ period. Its third (dare I say The Fourth) wave ska for serious listeners who don't just want to listen to Reel Big Fish and Less than Jake wannabees.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
i got a feeling Jeru really like em...eloels.
you know me too well .

Yeah he's great

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote