news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper
Default Superman Returns Review

I am a huge fan of the comics and tv shows. So, here are two statements from two versions of my opinion. As a fan of the comics and show, the film was FUCKING HORRIBLE. It sucked so bad its not even funny. Now as a fan of the original film from the seventies. The movie is okay. As a whole it wasn't that great of a movie. I mean Lex and Supes only have five minutes of screen time with each other. What the hell is that. The plot is simple, and very hollywood like. I mean there were no surprises. No fucking braniac, darkseid, doomsday, general zod. Nothing. Just fucking supes bitching about lois not being in love with him anymore. I mean 19 years. It has been 19 years, and you cant make a fucking superman movie that made me go "Holy shit, I'll see that again". The weird thing is that its a love it or hate it movie. If you dont know shit about supes you'll love the movie. But even you just watched the cartoon, you probably not like it very much.

Scale: 4/10

Some great stuff, and funny moments, but overall, not a great film at all. I actually liked daredevil more.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

i just came home from watching it, i thought it was a fairly good movie. everybody who i came out of the movie with thought it was pretty good. Kevin Spacey was awesome in this flick and the guy chosen to be Clark Kent was perfect IMO. also take into consideration, this film was intended to pick up where Superman 2 left off (they disregarded 3 and 4). the plot was solid, like homeboi sed, no big surprises, but interesting enuff. my only real beef with this film is that little kid...the little subplot they tried to work in was alright, but the film couldve succeeded just as well without it. some parts were really funny, caught me off guard. some parts were really cool...like superman stopping a bullet in his eye. i actually watched superman 2 right before i went to see superman returns, so perhaps thats y it left a better impression on me.

IMO, its a good movie, didnt blow me away, didnt really let me down...to me, it met my expectations. i'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

I thought it was so fucking retarded when lois lane just decided to walk into lex luthor's boat, for no fucking reason at all. I was like wow, why the fuck did she just walk into someone's boat?

Movie was ok....
Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Just as I thought...I knew it wouldnt be earth shattering. I'll peep it when it comes out in dvd lol. Now for more doper stuff....did you guys see the Spider-man 3 trailer??? I cant wait for that shit.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Godbrother

This is a direct insult to Christopher, Orignal Superman
Old 06-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
Frontal Lobotomy
Bonesetter

Frontal Lobotomy grasshopper

^^co-sign

Chicks dig giant robots
Frontal Lobotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

i think u guys were expecting too much from this film
Old 06-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #8
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

This Movie Sucked The Only Cool Part Was With The Plane Thats It. I Was Really Dissapointed.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

Yeah, its weird, alot of people loved it, and others hate it. I hated it at first, but after thinking about it, it was ok. But I wouldn't watch again until cable or something.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #10
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

i wouldnt watch it again either unless i saw it on tv
Old 07-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Movie was great. Don't know what you guy's expected and didn't get.

This is also the best movie about Jesus since Scorcese's "Last Temptation of Christ"

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #12
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch
Movie was great. Don't know what you guy's expected and didn't get.

This is also the best movie about Jesus since Scorcese's "Last Temptation of Christ"
What the fuck?!?! I want Superman, not fucking Christ. Apparently, no one has read a fucking comicbook before. Superman needs a nemesis with equal strength. Lex is cool, but its been done before, way too many times. Where the hell are the villians? Braniac, Zod, Doomsday, etc... So, please stop with the christianity references. I get it and thats not want I want. Don't force religion down people's throats. I believe in what is true and good. If there is a Christ or God, Ok. However, in a Superman movie, I shouldn't be bored with the second coming of Christ, and all of this "I miss Lois" Bullshit. Dont force religion, that is just horrible, and people who do that are evil. Looking back on Earth's history, forcing religion on people, created evil in the world. So, stop with this shit already.

SUPERMAN RETURNS SUCKS! Bad bad idea, and word of mouth is killing this movie right now.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #13
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

wtf, I wasn't aware that the movie was about religion? can someone explain this shit to me?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:10 AM   #14
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

icarus, u just sed a second ago u thought it was ok...
Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #15
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

contrary to what has been said here... i actually liked the film very much!!!

born invincible is offline   Reply With Quote