news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-29-2006, 03:06 AM   #31
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

what wrong with it? the south is more party oriented whats wrong with that? why is it wrong to dance to music? why does every song have to be super lyrical?

you really gonna dance to some damn immortal technique? that fool is boring. A balance of both is good, which is what i have. to say the south is not hip hop or to say u have to be super lyrical to be hip hop is stupid.

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:09 AM   #32
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
How do artists make money sir if they dont off there albums?
its good that u ask me this because i am in college to learn about the music industry.

artists make money threw guest appearances, performances, etc... this is why when ur fav artist coems to your town u should go support cause this is where they get most of their money.

The label gets most of the money from sales, a new artist gets chump change for each record sold. if you are more established like a 50 cent you can negotiate more money caue you have already proven that you can bring in money.

owning your publishing rights is VERY rare. this is why artists venture into other things like clothing lines, alcohols, etc.....

Old 06-29-2006, 03:10 AM   #33
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nah it dont have to be super lyrical i agree wit that but for me it at least has to be above a third level of english which isnt asking much, i agree that there's a place for commercial stuff but it shouldnt dominate

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #34
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah but if you go plat you make a lot of cash? or not?

Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 AM   #35
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

if you dont want it to dominate then start buying ur favorite lyrical rappers. if you do the labels will sign more lyrical rappers.

labels cater to the audience buying the albums if wu tang is selling they gonna get more ppl like wu tang.

and with all the members on this site i dont see why wu members dont go gold every time

Old 06-29-2006, 03:13 AM   #36
Robert
1%

Yeah too many ppl download albums thats the problem

Old 06-29-2006, 03:14 AM   #37
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
Yeah but if you go plat you make a lot of cash? or not?
not the first album. like i said as a new artist you only make a few cents each album sold. so say ur getting $.9 per album sold (real numbers for a new artist depending on popularity) and you sell a million records lol. do 9 cents x 1 million

Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #38
Robert
1%

hmmmm, thats terrible

Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #39
Robert
1%

believe me i do still buy albums but not many ppl do

Old 06-29-2006, 03:21 AM   #40
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

true story support the concerts. buying their album just makes sure they dont lose their record deal lol and puts them in a better position to negotiate money so yeah.

support ur fav artists and stop bitching about whats selling.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 AM   #41
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

its not dying now
its always dying
there were rappers who were proud to be underground in 96
they dissed the mainstream
its always gonna be like that
you just dont remember the trash cause it gets thrown out
how many cd's did coolio sell?
who remembers him now?
hes not important to hip hop
"mainstream" is just whatever the fad is at the time
all the "hip hop is dying talk" is just hogwash
and so are the people who try to defend commercial rap
sure, some of it is good. There are talented artists that can actually sell recods
BUT
are you gonna tell me, that lil wayne is better then doom?
ti is better then bronze nazareth?
majority of commercial rap sucks
it always has and always will
hip hops not dying
and
mainstream sucks
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 AM   #42
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
not the first album. like i said as a new artist you only make a few cents each album sold. so say ur getting $.9 per album sold (real numbers for a new artist depending on popularity) and you sell a million records lol. do 9 cents x 1 million
you be lucky to get $0.9 on a major label, independent maybe, but a major people usually get $0.3 or $0.4, cats need to get control of their publishing, get their own labels and shit
only place you makin money is the tours
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 AM   #43
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

Will everyone please stop with these threads. Hip Hop being dead is all matter of opinion. It depends who you ask. And if you ask me it's alive and kicking. There's so much hip hop out there and so many choices from underground to mainstream. It will never die as long as there is a demand for it. Which there always will be.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #44
The Antagonist
CHAMILLITARY

The Antagonist grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro wooz
its not dying now
BUT
are you gonna tell me, that lil wayne is better then doom?
ti is better then bronze nazareth?
majority of commercial rap sucks
it always has and always will
hip hops not dying
and
mainstream sucks
You totally missed the point. Everybody fucking knows that "underground" MCs are better than mainstream ones....lyrically. Right...mainstream sucks...thats why millions of people buy their records and that shit gets bumped in clubs all night.
The Antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #45
tacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty boy

Oh and er.... antagonist sorry to get you out of your pram.

Cryin' like that, relax and calm down, a fat paragraph cryin', now that is a fag.
Hold that shit.

needs to be, needs to be...

Last edited by tacle; 06-29-2006 at 04:06 PM.