news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #676
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
i dont necessarily think the stooges created punk, but i wont say any other band did when the stooges were doing what they were doing. and bands like MC5 too
and let's not forget:
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #677
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Old 10-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #678
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^god damn that shit goes hard, too bad the mic kept goin out
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #679
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

idk who here likes daughters besides me and 9th warrior...but their ST 3rd LP is out march..(or supposed to be) and the band is pretty much done.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #680
coughcool

coughcool grasshopper

no DEATH did not invent punk rock. as far as punk goes one can say MC5 Stooges but alot of people credit the punk predate to the Monks. Yes the Monks - check their history. i find them to be more garage /psych but thats what eveyone says - it was mid sixties so who knows.

middle class was probably the first hardcore record but it was looked at as more of a joke. its pretty cool - i love the song out of vogue. personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...
coughcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #681
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughcool View Post
personally, its funny to me that no one gives the Germs credit for hardcore with their GI lp. That shit was banging. oh well...
thats actually a good point
Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #682
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

yo Dusk good looks on reminding me of how much i like daughters, i had no idea a new joint was coming...sucks that they're pretty much broken up though. has anyone heard the album yet? is it good?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #683
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

ya check my thread for it.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #684
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92285
Old 07-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #685
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #686
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

i tend to feel the same sometimes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #687
coughcool

coughcool grasshopper

is anyone here in a band? im attaching a link for my label/bands if you guys wanna check it out. punk and hardcore in the vein of BGK, Minor Threat, Really Red, Big Boys....stuff like that....

http://agrowax.blogspot.com/
Old 09-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #688
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

will check out
Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #689
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Warrior View Post
resurrecting this shit...saw Dusk's SWANS sig. Swans was the best thing that happened to music.
Indeed. The new album is great. Every time I try to compile what the best Swans albums are, I always start with Cop/Young God and The Great Annihilator and then end up including everything!

I've been really into Skitsystem's album Stigmata and World Burns to Death's album Totalitarian Sodomy lately. Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #690
coughcool

coughcool grasshopper

Any other recommendations for really brutal death/black metal influenced crust & d-beat?

you might wanna check out Black Breath - its VERY swedish death metal influenced (it was produced exactly like Entombed's Left Hand Path) but with obvious hardcore undertones. its metal but like it alot.

You would probably REALLY like Obliteration

syphallitic vaginas is another to check out...

for obvious D-beat influence Inepsy's first few records were oretty good...

theres alot of great punk / HC out now too that you might wanna check out......

Omegas - sonic order EP
the Energy - from houston
if you havent heard Jay Reatards Blood visions album from a few years back you gotta hear it
Off! - first four EPs
Citizens Arrest
No Talk - Leather Discipline LP RULES

hope this helps!