news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 06-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
VillainousV
Demigod Status

VillainousV grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to VillainousV Send a message via MSN to VillainousV
Default Explain Ya Name!!!

This is a thread for EVERYONE on wtc. Here, you get the chance to thouroughly explain how you came up with the name (or names) you use on WTC and/or as a real-life MC. I'll go first to provide a basic example of what I mean.....

Name:Verseatyle
Aliases: Verseatyle, Villainous Verse, Phaze,
Short Bio:I began rhyming last february. At first, it was just for fun, then it became an obsession. Since I REALLY got into it (around last march), I've been writing AT LEAST 4-bars per day. I'd say Im damn good to be in the hip-hop game for such a short time. lol. Anyways, on to the name....
Why the name?:At first, my rap name was "Phaze". I dropped that shit when I got better and expanded my mind. I call myself a "Villain" because of the fact that in nearly EVERY story out there, there's that one character that society despises, due to his "abnormal" goals and ambitions. The Villain. I see society today as being so happily fucked-up, that they really see the REAL HERO as the VILLAIN, and vice-versa.
EXAMPLE: Dem Frachise Boyz. Bullshit-ass group of ignorant black men who make our beautiful race look stupid 24-7. They've got our already misguided youth thinkin that life is all about how much Bank you got, or what kinda car you drive, or EVERYTHING is about how you look and dress and dance. Tell me who the REAL Villain is.....An actual conscious black man who wants only the best for all people (no matter what race or religion) OR the one's who submit to destroying that?
The way that I rhyme is targeted towards people I see as Villains (or "HEROES" in society's eyes). I might say some shit like:
You got ripped like wrapped packages by kids on christmas eve//
Of course it's early, but I couldn't hide the tricks up my sleeve//
It had a will of it's own, my mental energy took hold//
and strangled a foe, split his fuckin carcass head-2-toe//

Not my best work, but it serves it's purpose. ANYWAYS, yeah. long-story-short, Im a "Villain" so deal wit it. word is bond.

Tha Live Wire Rhyme Recline Ya Minds Eye...
NEW TRACKS!!!www.myspace.com/verseatyle1http://verseatyle1.googlepages.com
VillainousV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

maybe general chat?

pretty detailed explanation of your name:

illstatiq....

was like static, then statiq, then illstatiq.

no reason behind it really.

i thinkm i was listening to "jeru - static " when i registered.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

everyday for a long time id get a dutch and a snapple from the same spot

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
VillainousV
Demigod Status

VillainousV grasshopper

lol thas tight. everybody's got their reasons. Im surprised that my name isn't based on weed, since I've been smoking nearly every day for 3 months now(wit no bad-effects. I just went to the doctors the other day and checked out fine lol). But yeah. Everyone who opens this post for the first time should drop some info. Word is bond. Nobody want's to hear you try to explain yourself through rhyme all the time. Here, you can let everyone know what youre about, then move on in your search for true lyricism.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just got mine on some wu influence shit, ya know like jamel irief plus prophet i dont know im gonna change it to my real name

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Bigot Hitman
"Come as you are"

Bigot Hitman shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bigot Hitman

I was just thinkin of the ghostface song off of supreme clientel, so i put
wu banga, Gza kills that beat to start off amd ghost raps twice. That beat is hot too.
Cross your arms, its too late for helping hands
Spit your pity elsewhere, there's no sympathy needed
For one who's never alive, for one who's never completed (Bigot Hitman)
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...=25482&page=61
Bigot Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #7
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

its super corny, so i don't think i'll share, for risk of being labeled as a herb
Old 06-30-2006, 12:38 AM   #8
VillainousV
Demigod Status

VillainousV grasshopper

lol yo fuck wah everybody else says about you. As long as you stay real wit yaself, you got nuthin to worry about. Think about it yo. Does it REALLY matter that much if someone whom youve probrobly never met(and will never meet) in your life?
But then again, im just Verse.....what do I know??? lol

Old 06-30-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
Kamikaze
Still Looking...

Kamikaze grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze

I've used this name since I played Doom online on Heat way back. It was just a good match for my playing style. I've been using it as my screen name for other games, forums, etc. ever since. I guess I'm just attached to it, but at the same time I didn't want to be bothered remembering...I'm so and so here....and so and so there...and this name somewhere else lol. Keeping it simple.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:52 AM   #10
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

sorry guys but i get lotz of pussy
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #11
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Eric Unseen-aka Unseen- the first name is just for the forums mainly, I didn't want everyone to always have to refer to me like I'm some gangsta-ass mothafucka who don't have a real name ya know.

When it's rhymin, to me thats straight up Unseen. I choose this one for what it means on so many levels.

The obvious is that until I posted a picture no one was gonna know what I looked like. The idea that I'm either accepted or denied solely on thoughts express, no voice, no image or body language to make assumptions on makes the internet a world in its self. one level its a nod to that.

A deeper look is also a nod to the cog-in-machine mechanics of society. We support very disgusting and abusive practices and I don't think its because anybody agrees with the shit that is going on but because this corrpute and hateful machine is entangled into almost absolutely everthing. Hence making it almost impossible not to support in some shape or fashion. I don't think the ruling class of this world have any sympathy to the frustration levels of the working and impoverished people of this or any other country. I feel and see it everywhere but I think for the most part we suffer in silence . Through my lyrics, I hope to give a voice to this huge unseen and unheard massive.

And on the deepest level it represents and pays respect to the Almighty Creator for the life, family, friends and experiences I've been blessed to have known. I am a reflection of this Unseen light, my words make it visible and at times it really feels like I am simply a vessel for what must be stated. The best way I could express this feeling and understanding is to say,.............. that space is the real reason that there really is no such thing as space at all. I am at all timse connected to everything in the enitre universe and seperation is an illusion. Much respect due to the Unseen Force that holds it all together. I know of no better anything, to name myself after.

Good thread. peace
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

Got the name when I was still listening to Snoop, but it was just then when I was making a transition into underground. I remember the first underground song my friend told me to listen to was Pharoahe Monch's "Simon Says".
Old 06-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
its super corny, so i don't think i'll share, for risk of being labeled as a herb

^^herb!!
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:28 AM   #14
makalani

makalani grasshopper

its my middle name which originates from egypt

mean skilled in writing

i think im a pretty good writer

my dad prophecized
makalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #15
Drunken_Dragon_Fist
Straight Outta Rehab

Drunken_Dragon_Fist grasshopper

on buddha monk's 'gots like come on thru' one of the rappers (drunken dragon?) says "now take this, i hit ya with the drunken dragon fist"...
+ i love being drunk, im always getting drunk, dirt mcgirt was my idol
+ i'm a fan of all the kung fu styles, move names with animal names are pretty dope to me

AND I've got 2 dragon tattoos,one is on my left forearm,leading to my fist, im left handed and usually drunk, therefore:

Drunken Dragon Fist!!!! BLAAOW!! *dragon sounds*
Drunken_Dragon_Fist is offline   Reply With Quote