news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #1
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default I want Nas to stop making subject matter songs

Nas is best when he's stream of conscious or trying to paint an picture without an alterior motive

He's particularly good when he's describing his childhood or up bringing.
But when he picks a subject or is trying to prove a point <<<<<<<<<<. People heard some intelligence on Illmatic and have been putting pressure on him (as he has himself) to be extra 'deep' since that album dropped. Now he's trapped and the irony is Illmatic is a full 'gangsta rap' album that's almost completely apolitical.
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:58 AM   #2
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've never seen much footage of him, but I did have a video documentary about him, Q-Tip, and someone else (deadset can't even remember who), and he was one of the most poorly spoken dudes you could imagine. Sounded absolutely dumb as shit.

I've never been able to get into anything he did after his first 2 albums.

Did you know that the G.O.D. noel411 kicks fly wraps? Check it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=137128

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

Last edited by noel411; 07-17-2016 at 02:01 AM.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:50 AM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^LOL. I can't stand Nas' interviews. Absolutely no capacity to convey information. He did drop out of middle school so it makes sense.

It's unfortunate because his legacy will suffer from a total and complete inability to communicate insight. Kinda makes it seem like everything good you did was accidental. Sometimes I think he's bullshitting.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:46 AM   #4
soul controller
Ridin' On Trichomes

soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

y'all need some logic peoples army in your life.

soul controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i can agree that Nas is at his best when he's stream-of-consciousness and especially personal subject matters or just telling a story... Nas has one of the best vocabularies in hip-hop so i don't know what you're talking about though.

"Life is Good" was a great LP, lyrical as fuck and basically autobiographical

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #6
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I have no complaints about Nas' lyrics. His storytelling and lyrical style are perfect imo.

I can agree he sounds like a 5 year old or like hes high as fuck when he talks but nevermind hes articulate as a rapper.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
rat fakerman
anglophone

rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)rat fakerman Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol the nas hate on this forum is as strong as ever. i always want to know what rappers people want to compare nas with lyrically, when they make these criticisms.

and is it surprising to fans of rap, that some rappers are more eloquent on record as oppose to speaking?... you can cite every wu member as a prime example.

some people here really have an inferiority complex about liking rap smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSpiT View Post
majority of this site is white. They have been infatuated with dicks since Iago became racist after seeing Othello naked.
rat fakerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:41 PM   #8
David Daniel Davis
-

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

You should post this on his Twitter. You could forever deviate Nas' lyrical style like how that Sam Ash employee did to Rza when he told him that he is not a real musician.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
lol the nas hate on this forum is as strong as ever. i always want to know what rappers people want to compare nas with lyrically, when they make these criticisms.

and is it surprising to fans of rap, that some rappers are more eloquent on record as oppose to speaking?... you can cite every wu member as a prime example.

some people here really have an inferiority complex about liking rap smh.
I think Nas is the best rapper of all time. I he just gets boring when he's trying to 'learn ya something' because it usually involves him slowing down. And his interviews are trash lol. I don't learn anything about anything listening to his interviews because like someone said he sounds like he really high.

Ironically he does have one of the best vocabularies of a major rapper, but when you ask him to explain something he's all 'yeah....it was just one of those things...know what I'm saying...shout out to big dave'. That's why sometimes I think he's doing it on purpose

When nas describes a scene, talks about his childhood, and spits loosely connected thoughts he's the best, but when his songs have a more concrete subject matter he's boring
Old 07-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah his know-the-ledge sucks, that's why Illmatic is his only classic. I donno how the GOAT can continually make shit albums either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #11
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I want Hennessy to stop making commercials that make zero sense and no relation to their product w/ Nas narrating.

Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #12
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL@StonerSloth dissing Nas albums hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah most of his albums suck but he's very good and I don't have a problem with his interviews. I didn't know he dropped outta middle school. I wonder how come he didn't get his GED? He must read a lot of books because he seems to have a lot of knowledge.

About that life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote