news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper
Default Queen Bitch is a Jail bitch..

Lil' Kim was sentenced to a year and a day in prison by Judge Gerard Lynch at Manhattan's U.S. District Court Wednesday afternoon. The rapper was also fined $50,000 and will serve three years' probation after her sentence. She must turn herself in to authorities on September 19th.

Hip-hop's Queen Bee a nickname bestowed on the diminutive rapper by her ex-boyfriend, the late Notorious B.I.G. was facing up to 20 years in prison, but as expected, Lynch's sentence was less severe.Kim was convicted on three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy in March.

Kim (born Kimberly Denise Jones) wept and held a Bible as she asked the judge for leniency before her sentencing, according to an eyewitness. She admitted to her crime (which eliminated any chance of appealing the conviction, although the sentence can be appealed) and said she was sorry. "I take complete responsibility for my actions," she said. "I testified falsely to the grand jury and during the trial. I know it was wrong. I am a God-fearing, good person, and this is the toughest thing I've ever been through." The judge lambasted her for being dishonest, saying that her lies were an insult to him and to the court. "[Providing] false testimony under oath undermines our system of justice," said Lynch, who described Kim's actions as "blatant perjury," with "clear" intent. "It's a serious offense ... and the crimes you covered up were serious, indeed."

The rapper issued a statement two hours after learning her fate: "I would like to thank all of my supporters who have stood by my side throughout this entire ordeal. The many prayers and hundreds of letters of support, e-mails and kind words that have poured in have been overwhelming and critical in helping my family, loved ones and myself stay strong during this time of need. Today was a very difficult day for me, but I am no stranger to adversity and will do whatever I need to do so that I can continue to work hard and give back to my family, amazing fans and community."

When she arrived outside the courthouse on Wednesday morning (July 6), Kim was surrounded by a crush of TV news crews and reporters. Fans cried out "We love you, Kim!" even as menacing security guards ordered them to "get out of the f---ing way."

Kim maintained throughout the trial that Damion Butler, one of her co-managers at the time of the incident, was not by her side when shots rang out in front of the radio station; security-camera footage later proved he was a direct contradiction of what she'd told a federal grand jury . She also told the court she was unable to positively identify a photo of another man who was believed to be involved in the shooting; both that man Suif "Gutta" Jackson, a member of her former group Junior M.A.F.I.A. and Butler later confessed to firing on rap group Capone-N-Noreaga, and pleaded guilty to gun charges as part of a plea bargain .

Other members of Junior M.A.F.I.A., including Antoine "Banger" Spain and James "Lil' Cease" Lloyd, took the stand during the trial and testified for the prosecution that they, too, had witnessed Butler and Jackson with Kim at the time of the shooting

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper
Default Re: Queen Bitch is a Jail bitch..

oh shit rappers are real unlucky these days..oh well...

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury

damn thats bad luck, i reckon she would have been able to survive a year,
but a year and a day, thats just too much. whats up with the single day, lol.

peace

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #4
GhostfaceKillah199
Sun God

GhostfaceKillah199 grasshopper

maaaan, if that was a common joe/jane in that situation they'd be masturbating to the thought of only one year then 3 years probation.

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
Not even if I fell from ten stories high
Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz
GhostfaceKillah199 is offline   Reply With Quote