news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Most Underated Group (psycho Realm)

I have decided to post up tracks from the group Psycho Realm, In the past I have gone on about this group but only because I felt they have been overlooked by the hip hop majority and that includes underground heads.

My objective here is to turn some heads on to this group because I feel that hip hop of this quality should not be ignored.

First up a brief history of them. The group is made up of two brothers, Sick Jacken (High pitched voice) and Big Duke. During their first album B-Real of Cypress Hill was also part of this group (Think Rza in Gravediggaz) but due to his commitments with Cypress Hill he had to leave the group although he still colaborates with them from time to time. They are from Los Angeles of the Pico Union district and are of Mexican descent, but don't confuse them with the typical Chicano rappers, Psycho Realm have more in common with groups like Wu-Tang, Cypress Hill, Gangstarr, Big Pun etc..
Although they are from the Westcoast their beats are dark grimey gutter music filled with thought provoking lyrics and street tales.

They have released three group albums:
The Psycho Realm
War Story Book 1
War Story Book 2

And a joint album with their support up and coming group Street Platoon called Sick Synphonies.

Unfortunatly Big Duke was shot through the neck and left paralysed from the neck down leaving his brother to go at it alone although Duke still plays a role in the Psycho Realm dealings.

Despite this Sick Jacken keeps at it with the sick lyrics and production and is currently working on some new albums and is collaborating with people such as Ill Bill for his Coka Nostra project.

The tracks that Im posting are some of my favourates but to be honest all their albums are dope, I can't think of a weak track.
They all span their three main albums:

The Psycho Realm:

1. Showdown. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...0d614e3a5fe9be

2. Confessions of a Drug Addict. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...979e852e49e5fc

War Story Book 1

1. Enemy of the State. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...b761e5232ce8f4

2. Tragedy.com. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3c1c2527612a91

War Story Book 2

1. Killing Fields. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...c201c53e31c5c9

2. Poison Rituals. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...c63178156dbc7f

Once you have heard them post your opinions and tell me what you think.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 07-21-2006 at 05:58 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

dude i respeck some of the shit you say, and standing up for latins and shit

but get off psycho realm's nutts
Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVoL
dude i respeck some of the shit you say, and standing up for latins and shit

but get off psycho realm's nutts
Thats a harsh thing to say cuz it's not like they get any sort of promotion.
I will always support the latinos that bring quality to hip hop, there is nothing wrong with this, besides this will be the last time I bring them up to this skale, I just want to school the corp on this group and thats it.

Method Man
Old 07-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

they are good, but ain't that much underrated, just a bit....

big duke lyrics are most times wack and his flow ain't everythin !!!! but his voice is cool, and goes good together with sick jacken...
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I say it again and it's true, most underated group, so far this thread has mainly gone unnoticed, If people at least gave the tracks I posted a listen they may discover another part of hip hop quality thats worth investing.

Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 07-21-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

up

Method Man
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Unforgiven
Bloodsport

Unforgiven grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Unforgiven

You think most people who listen to Psycho Realm understand a fucking word they say? Half the time I don't...

-ThaShaolinAssassin
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

What do you mean cos I can understand everything, true you get moments of what did he just say but when you replay it you can understand it, granted for some it may take a few go's.

Method Man
Old 07-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

props - i fuckin love psycho realm. made me go out and buy a gas mask.
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 AM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

they are dope.

but "binary star" are slept more.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #11
GhostfaceThaPharoahe
PRODIGAL SUN

GhostfaceThaPharoahe crouching tiger

its a damn shame they broke up^
Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper

tauro you didn't up their best work.. Art of Execution
Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #13
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVoL
tauro you didn't up their best work.. Art of Execution
There was a lot of shit to choose from, I would upload some more tracks it just depended on the feedback I would get on the ones I upped already. If people want I'll upoad it too.

Method Man
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #14
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceThaPharoahe
its a damn shame they broke up^
They haven't broken up, it's just that because of what happened to Duke things have had to take longer to come out.

Method Man
Old 07-26-2006, 03:14 AM   #15
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper

whatever you do, don't order from their site directly..
it took them 1 and 1/2 months to send me 1 out-of 2 CD's i ordered.. serious.. i could've taken a drive and picked them up myself in a day

the 2nd cd never came.. never got a refund

that's one example of why i chose not to support them anymore, or buy any of their Retail shit. if they don't appreciate their fans, i won't appreciate them