news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Made in Brooklyn
classic 29 9.97%
banger 140 48.11%
average 80 27.49%
mediocre 27 9.28%
wack 15 5.15%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Funkadelic Funkmasta
Veteran Member

Funkadelic Funkmasta Village Idiot
Default Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn

1. Then and Now - Nice beat.

2. E.N.Y House - 4/5

3. Brooklyn King - Kinda boring to me. 3/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - Hot track. really nice beat. 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - Sick track. Meth murders his shit 5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - LOVE this shit. mellow ass track. 4/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - It's not bad but it just gets kinda boring with all the talking. 3/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - This track is kinda weird. not bad tho....mellow joint. i can fuck wit it. 3.5/5

10. Street Corners - This track is straight classic. i liked the original track on think differently but this shit is sooo much better. i don't even really mind that they used the same beat. track is just fuckin sick. 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - DOPE 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - BANGER. my favorite joint on the album. 5/5

13. Lovely Lady - ehhh. don't know about this one. might grow on me tho -3/5
Funkadelic Funkmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Wzarecta
Shaolin Swordsman

Wzarecta grasshopper

1. Then and Now - Great beat, wasted. 2/5

2. E.N.Y House - 2.5/5

3. Brooklyn King - Boring 2/5

4. It's What It Is - 4/5

5. Nehanda & Cream - 4/5

6. Iron God Chamber - 4.5/5

7. Pass the Bone Remix - 4.5/5

8. Older Gods part. 2 - Just annoying. 1/5

9. Let's Get Into Something - 2.5/5

10. Street Corners - 5/5

11. Ringing Bells - 4/5

12. East M.C.'s - 4/5

13. Lovely Lady - 0/1000000000

Overall: Average
Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Puluhostyle

Puluhostyle grasshopper

1) Then and Now (prod. Big Phat Suites) ft Wu kids - Masta Killah appearantly decided to let the kids rock it...although the track has a nice haunting loop the wu kids fail to come thru...I don't really want to criticize their lyrics and delivery(cause they are still developing their craft) but when it comes to the wu kids the apple doesn't fall far from the tree....lil gza and lil masta sound even lazier than their fathers and the chorus is really simplistic...ain't nothing wrong with simplistic but when it's weak IT's WEAK...btw Masta doesn't even spit on this track

2) E.N.Y. House (prod. MF Doom) - Appearantly Masta rocks on a beat which was already used before...I didn't hear the 'first' version so Im less annoyed than other cats who already heard it....Masta delivers an average (Masta Killah delivered style) verse over an nice cinematic sample...fits Masta Killahs style

3) Brooklyn King (prod. Dev 1) - Fukk a melody let's spit over an drumloop...the beat sounds empty but at the same time doesn't become boring...it's grows on you...Masta picks on the pace and shows some energy on this track...Masta spits another average Masta verse...the hook is reallllllllllllyyyyyyy lazyyyyy..."Yall cats know how I do my thing/ Brooklyn King that snatch your bling/Yeah the motherfukka to swing/ You know his name ding ding ding ding....." ...

4)It's What It Is (prod. PF Cuttin) ft Ghostface Killah & Raekwon - Ok the first highlight of the album...PF Cuttin blesses Masta Killah with a banger (shaolin skits included)...a nice horn loop on which Masta, Rae & Ghost rock the track with good pace and energy...

5) Nehanda & Cream (prod. Bronze Nazareth)...hmmm instead of seperating the skits into individual tracks a skit is incorporated into this track...when I finally thought I would hear track longer than 2 minutes and something..the first minute and 30 seconds are filled with some females at the club blahblahing...Yesterday I was knocking myself over the head where I heard this sample before and I finally realize that Kanye West used the same sample for Scarfaces' In Cold Blood...Bronze flips the sample a little different and does a nice job...Masta feels the need to spit 'nice to meet you ladies' verse and describes their beauty in the wu way

6) Iron God Chamber (prod. Whyz Ruger I.B.I.) feat U-God & Rza & Method Man - This track annoys the fukk out of me...on the wu boards some cats are going crazy over this joint...I guess they come in their pants cause they hear Uey, Rza and Meth on the same track....like I said I find this track very annoying...some sounds are very off...along with Rza's verse...Meth kills this track on delivery alone...sounds like the cats who produced the track programmed this track wrong or something....

7) Pass The Bone Remix (prod. Jig Sor) - Another uptempo track with very nice loop...pace feels kind of out of place for a Wu track...but Masta actually does his thing on track...praises his love for the bone...I think Allah Real sings a short hook....could have used some more lyrics

8) Older Gods pt 2(prod. Peter Rock) - Yeah everytime when Pete Rock give somebody a wack beat I call him Peter...cause this beat is really waccckkkk, empty and boring....sounds like $7.99 soundclick beat...I don't know why Masta picked this beat...sounds like they couldn't afford to clear the sample so they left out the sample....Allah Real breaks down some 5% history...doesn't fit the track at all...to those who have no interest in wu or 5% theory will find this jibberish...Masta falls back on his lazy delivery...this track is torture

9) Let's Get Into Something (prod. Startel)..I guess Masta Killah owes Allah Real a favor cause I thought this was a Masta Killah album...sounds like sort of RnB-ish track of Allah Real and Masta delivers another 'pretty skintone female' verse....if you want to give somebody a shot to shine on your album by actually giving them a track make sure it makes an impact cause this ish isn't really working it all...

10) Street Corner (prod. Bronze Nazareth) ft Inspectah Deck & Gza - Ok another highlight of the album...but Masta re-uses another beat...If you haven't heard Street Corner on the Wu Meets Indie album yeah you're right it's the same track...on that album a russian female named Byata killed this track...I hate when people use the exact same track...on the other hand it's vintage wu production with strong verses from Deck (especially) and Gza

11) Ringing Bells (prod. Bronze Nazareth) - This was the first single of the album...although Bronze comes thru again with a banger...this track can become boring after a couple listens...Mastas verse fits the pace of the track...the track has similarities with Fish of Ghost first album...I have heard this sample somewhere before...overall dope track

12) East Mc's (prod. Dev 1)ft ?? & Killah Sin & Freemurda & ?? - Third and last hightlight album...Dev 1 delivers a real banger...since Killah Sins came home he has been killin every track he has been on.....hungry as fukk...Freemurda doesn't stay far behind...and 2 other cats who I can't identify at this stage spit some nice verses

13) Lovely Lady (prod. Govener Tools ??) - It could be 2 things...1)Masta Killah owes a lot of people favors or 2) he is being extorted cause WHAT THE FUKK IS THIS....Don't get me wrong I really love reggae but this track is completely out of place on this album......Masta Killah feels to need a natural beauty nice skinetone verse for the ladies...damn Masta another one??

Overall the album is big letdown compared to the first album...1) Masta Killah barely raps on this album and 2) a lot of wu fans including me where very happy with the first album where he kept it 95% inhouse with the production and with the guests...personally I think wu fans are a little to keen on name tages...they all expect that a wu album should have wu prod and wu guests...kinda wu's gift and curse...so when a wu artist decides to go a different route people are quick to be disappointed...I have no problem with taking other producers or guests as long as it is good music and that's the big problem on this album...There are 3 strong tracks on this album and a couple of other good ones but the bad tracks are realllly bad...

Last edited by Puluhostyle; 07-23-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Puluhostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Nigga Masta Killah only had like 4 solos on the last album.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
Paco_Mtl
Killa Kanuk

Paco_Mtl grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz
Nigga Masta Killah only had like 4 solos on the last album.
it was about half n half...
Paco_Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

he has 6 true solo tracks on here, not counting the two weird songs with all the singing. thats about what he had on NSD, the posse cuts are fantastic. couple people dislike it then it snowballs, its a solid 7.5-8/10 album. couple classic cuts on here, its a letdown compared to NSD yes but its a solid followup. better than Deck and Uey's 2nd albums thats for damn sure
FasterBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

This shit is weak. Instantly forgettable. Would have been something if no other Wu album had ever been heard, as it is, it's just WU-by-numbers

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Spectrum7glr
Veteran Member

Spectrum7glr shaolin monk

Where did you all got the album lol
Spectrum7glr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #9
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Good review Pulu

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
tacle

Is no said date better?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
Eerie Theories

Eerie Theories grasshopper

Albums wack, no said date blows this shit out to mercury
Eerie Theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

the album isn't even officially out, but judging from the leaked it's way better than you guys are trying to say it is

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

No, it's a bad album.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

naw far from it, and i'm not being a "stan" i'm giving my honest opinion this unmastered, incomplete album is actually pretty good and MUCH MUCH better than the shit ya'll tryin to say about it

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #15
StIllCrUnked

StIllCrUnked grasshopper

you people must be some corny european cats.. this album is str8 fire..to many people in here are made in sweeden.. they dont understand
StIllCrUnked is offline   Reply With Quote