news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Jay-Z - The Black Album/10
10 3 8.82%
9 10 29.41%
8 6 17.65%
7 3 8.82%
6 4 11.76%
5 1 2.94%
4 0 0%
3 1 2.94%
2 0 0%
1 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper
Default Jay-Z - The Black Album

Love this album. Only track I don't really like is Dirt off ya shoulder but I can listen to it. Overall there's loads of great tracks on this and great beats all the way through. 9/10 for me.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
VernakuLa

dope as fuck album, every track is a banga
Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

About half as good as Blueprint. Alot of weak tracks namely 99 problems, Dirt off your shoulder, Justify, Allure, Encore are all annying etc. Had a few ill songs like the Just Blaze ones and the only 9th Wonder beat I actually like Threat.

Lyrically he didnt progress at all. He cant tell storys on this all he can do is bragging ryhmes, but he is one of the best at that.

If he'd of ended on Blueprint it would of been better. That album had more substance and a better focus.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ Agree on lyrical part.

Bout production... It was true dope on most track, only wack tracks IMO were 99 Problems and Lucifer.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

Threat was done on Fruity Loops I think.
pneumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

This album is so horrible tht i would never waste my time lising to such garbage. jayz has a speech impediment
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #7
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

its a good album but the production just doesnt flow
theres too many producers, it feels like a compilation not an album
if the whole album was timbaland, it would be dope, same if it was all kanye and just
but jay z just gets 10 superstar producers because he can, not because it will make a good album
that aside, other than 'justify' and 'allure' the album has mostly classics (december 4th, 99 problems, my first song etc)
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #8
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

i got it but gave it to my brother, was just a 6 for me.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its average

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #10
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ill give it a 9...i rediscovered it yesterday and like it a lot more

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #11
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I gave it a 10 an I dont even like Hov right now. I do give credit where credit is due though. This was the best balanced album of his career.

Still tho-

Doom > Hov

We should have a discussion if Doomsday is a ten. How this relates to the thread I will never know.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
SMOKE BLUNTS
Banned

SMOKE BLUNTS grasshopper
Default a 1

jay z more like gay i b
SMOKE BLUNTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #13
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Bored me
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #14
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

This shit SUCKED!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #15
M-E-T-H-O-D

M-E-T-H-O-D grasshopper

When it was released I thought it was an average album, but a week ago I decided to listen to it again. I really slept on this one.
Only song I don't like is Justify My Thug, all the other songs are dope.