news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper
Default Canibus was Dangerous as hell

I aint listen to Canibus in a while.So i decided to hop on the computer and listen to Canibus song which was called "100 Bars: and i forgot how deadly Canibus was.I use to think the nigga wasn't human bruh.He is to fucken dangerous he's super lyrical.I'm about to jam to Fantastic 4 right now.He shitted on everybody on that record
Old 08-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Hidden Chamber
NYG

Hidden Chamber grasshopper

Poet Laurete is nice 2 dat's similar 2 100 Bars
Hidden Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
tha god concept
akaTRIFE TYSON~spitboxer

tha god concept shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to tha god concept

canibus is fuckin killer forsho

he murders "beasts from the east" that lost boyz joint featuring him and redman....i still pump that trak on the usual
" WASTED ON THE USUAL WIT MOM DUKES WAITIN ON THE FUNERAL"
"MY MOUSTACHE LIKE ADOLFS"-Ghostface
tha god concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

I have never heard anybody outshine Canibus on a track together.Right now i'm listening to "Desperados".Canibus shits gallons of shit on dudes
Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #5
VernakuLa

Cannibus is cool...not the best

Chino XL is IMO a better version of Canibus
Old 08-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
HipHophead101
ADEPT

HipHophead101 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernakuLa
Cannibus is cool...not the best

Chino XL is IMO a better version of Canibus

co fucking sign
Old 08-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hope bis comes out with this Rip The Jacker 2 shit coz HipHop 4 Sale was a huge disapointment, and wot albums have chino dropped that could match Rip The Jacker or 2000 B.C or even Mic Club?
peace

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #8
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

word to the love for chinoXL thats real...

and canibus potentially could have been one of the greatests...ill just leave it at that im not gonna argue hah

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #9
HipHophead101
ADEPT

HipHophead101 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Hope bis comes out with this Rip The Jacker 2 shit coz HipHop 4 Sale was a huge disapointment, and wot albums have chino dropped that could match Rip The Jacker or 2000 B.C or even Mic Club?
peace
all of chino xls cds dont just match ne of canibus but r better than ne of his

chino xl >> canibus neway u look at it
Old 08-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

canibus at his best > chino xl at his best

imo.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #11
VernakuLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by illstatiq.
canibus at his best > chino xl at his best

imo.
word, canibus would get shitted on
Old 08-03-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I would almost consider rating Canibus below average, but I'll go for a flat average instead. There is nothing great about a guy who drops the odd excellent track, a lot of average tracks, and a lot of shit tracks. His 3 releases last year were all straight fucken garbage. C & D was the only one where he spit decent lyrics, but the album was still fucken trash. The other two were throw away rubbish on every level.

His most consistent performance was on 2000 BC, back when he was generally a tight mc. Can-I-Bus was pretty shit, but he put in a good effort on the mic. Mic Club and Rip The Jacker both had their fair share of good tracks, but overall an inconsistent performance on both. Hollywood Stories belongs in the trashcan with his last 3 releases.

To sum it up, I have all his albums and using them managed to put together a mix cd of mostly really tight tracks, and a few good ones. Pretty fucken shitty effort for 8 albums. I rate Canibus as the most inconsistent potentially great mc of all time.

100 Bars is still one of my all time favourite hip hop tracks though.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i agree with you on some points.

but i mean its your opinion that "mic club" and "rip the jacker" were inconsistent but imo they are both at least solid releases. yes bis has a fucking terrible ratio of dope to weak tracks but at his best i still rate him as one of the best. its all opinions though, i know some people can't stand the guy. i personally enjoy all the scientific references and historical references like that but to some people it is just non sense...

"mic club" and "rip the jacker" are albums which i can listen to from start to finish and feel that every track is dope, i'll leave it at that.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:48 AM   #14
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

canibus said it himself, "nobody can shine on a track that features me thats why i say this overheemidly"(sp) only track ive heard where bis doesnt completely outshine the other rapper is hell with pharoahe monch

anyway, he is a very inconsistent mc, i own most of his albums and its gotta be said he could have done a hell of a lot better on the majority of them. its just a waste for such a great mc

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #15
tragedykhadafi12
Veteran Member

tragedykhadafi12 drunken mastatragedykhadafi12 drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
I would almost consider rating Canibus below average, but I'll go for a flat average instead. There is nothing great about a guy who drops the odd excellent track, a lot of average tracks, and a lot of shit tracks. His 3 releases last year were all straight fucken garbage. C & D was the only one where he spit decent lyrics, but the album was still fucken trash. The other two were throw away rubbish on every level.

His most consistent performance was on 2000 BC, back when he was generally a tight mc. Can-I-Bus was pretty shit, but he put in a good effort on the mic. Mic Club and Rip The Jacker both had their fair share of good tracks, but overall an inconsistent performance on both. Hollywood Stories belongs in the trashcan with his last 3 releases.

To sum it up, I have all his albums and using them managed to put together a mix cd of mostly really tight tracks, and a few good ones. Pretty fucken shitty effort for 8 albums. I rate Canibus as the most inconsistent potentially great mc of all time.

100 Bars is still one of my all time favourite hip hop tracks though.

canibus is fuckin nasty, dont know what you are smokin
tragedykhadafi12 is offline   Reply With Quote