news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #136
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

They are releasing it a day earlier in europe.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #137
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post
are u sure???
thats incredible i'll get it tomorrow then!
how do u know that?????

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #138
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

I just know! Its being released on Monday in England, so I think that goes for the rest of Europe.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #139
CHRONZ
Fresh 2 Deff

CHRONZ prodigal sonCHRONZ prodigal sonCHRONZ prodigal sonCHRONZ prodigal sonCHRONZ prodigal sonCHRONZ prodigal son

Quote:
JEEEEA !

CHRONZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #140
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

Quote:
Note the pic of Dirty n Mef inside the CD.
that's the greatest

this album is Meth's most focused effort.

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 AM   #141
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

so did anyone in europe cop mef yet?
cus 36 says it was released today over here.
i wanna go right now but its a bit of a walk to the bus stop,so im waking on a friend to wake his lazy ass up,then im gonna see if i can find it.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #142
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

Didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but XXL magazine gave 4:21 a "L". Here is the review link:
http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3938
pneumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #143
knight
Veteran Member

knight grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to knight

xxl critics are wankers....who gives the fuck of your reviews....you give rick ross xl and mef l.....johnny dangerous is worse?....mef is a rap legend/hip-hop veteran, 13 years in the game with 4 solo albums, 1 collabo album, 4 wu albums in his back....next thing I hear you give them fucking southern scumbags and g-unit wankers good reviews....protect ya neck niggas......and wendy williams fuck you too....
Old 08-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #144
jokostyle
Veteran Member

jokostyle shaolin monk

I must admit that 421 is a solid effort : a way better than what i expected from meth especially after T0.But regardless of what RZA promised about that it deceived me (but i ll support it).
The WU and me have divorced but we are still good friends.
we won't live these classics & intense moments anymore.It's clear in my head.
Just some good things.Don't expect any WU-classics from these cats.They can't lead two revolutions.

here's some things that make me think they always will bring the hype gaming with all the fans hopes for them doin it again.
And always will do another thing or half (i m generous) of what they promise.

"Method Man is about to start his new album, and they told him to choose a producer, and he chose me!" RZA said in somewhat disbelief. "Wow. At this level, he can get anyone to do his album, especially for the kind of money he can get his budgets and sh--, excuse my language. But he asked me."
http://wuforever.com/index.php?name=...&theme=Printer

-
RZA handling most of the production on Meth's next LP.
RZA (file)
Photo: Getty Images/Thos Robinson

When you're talking to family, there is no such thing as being PC. If the love is real, you have to keep it real. So when it was time for Method Man to start working on his next LP, the RZA sat him down and told him what he needed: beats by the RZA.

"I think his last record had a little stagnation to it," RZA said of Meth's Tical 0: The Prequel. "It didn't reach the status we normally get. Some of that is based on the fact that the RZA didn't produce it. I explained this to Meth, like, 'When I was producing you, Meth, not only did you win a Grammy and have two #1 album [debuts] twice in a row, you was on a winning streak. Soon as you chose other producers, you decreased by 70 percent in your sales. Not one song made top 10 radio.' "

RZA said despite his candid talk with Meth, he did feel the Ticallion Stallion's last album was "dope." It was just missing an intangible chemistry.

"His lyrical content and energy — to me it sounded like Method Man was on top of his game," RZA said. "But sometimes it's that chemistry. Maybe we can't hear it, but the fans can hear it. Right now we're trying to go back and capture that chemistry. I was trying to guide him to making that #1 song again. When the RZA and Meth get together, it's like peanut butter and jelly. They taste good by themselves, but they're great together. That's what we're doing with this album: [matching] his great lyrical talent, personality and style with my hard beat-making and song-making."

RZA said he and Meth have been working together the past couple of months and that when he's not in the lab with Tical, he's working with the Chef. RZA and Busta Rhymes have been supervising the production on Raekwon's Only Built for Cuban Linx 2.

"We thought this year we'd take some time and produce some hip-hop," RZA laughed. "I did some good scores and all kinds of [movie] music, but we decided that this year we'd try to put out a couple of hip-hop albums produced by the RZA" (see "RZA Enjoying All The Scoring He's Been Doing Lately").

-

"While it looks like RZA will be handling most if not all of Meth's production duties, he will only produce a handful of Rae's tracks."

"I was trying to guide him to making that #1 song again."

http://www.wuforever.com/index.php?n...rticle&sid=196

where the f*** is "that #1 song" ?? I don't know.

most of meth + some rae -> some of meth + most of rae ?->? some of meth + some of rae

how can we think that the wu is back ??? it's more like some artists that were in the wu are back !!!

Here's a thing that don't make me happy :

RZA told meth that he needed his beats plus he said that he would focuse on hiphop for one year

& in the hiphopgame interview we read :

"
Has the chemistry changed working with RZA today?

It takes me awhile to get back into the mode. RZA's a busy dude so a lot of the times he wasn't actually physically there to fuck with me so I just had to do what I had to do.
"
http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=methodman

plus he gave him recycled beats : (almost) totally : glide and partially : (presidential even if it's one of the two best with K.Bitches IMO)

The industry bullshit can't explain everything.For us,Meth should release a cd with all his unreleased collabs with rza : Those recorded for tical 0 that def jam dropped & thoses recorded for 421 :
"Method Man is back in the lab writing after recording 8 tracks with RZA. There's no word on his release yet. On a brighter side, Inspectah Deck has been in LA recording with RZA after a 3 year break from working with eachother. Masta Killa is finishing up his second album with at least 5 beats produced by Bronze Nazareth."
http://www.wuforever.com/index.php?n...&theme=Printer

to finish :

"Most of the verses were recorded in separate sessions, "the way most things are done these days," RZA said — half in the studio, half over the Internet. He first snagged Method Man for the initial session in California, and then got GZA, Raekwon and Masta Killa together in New York. Since the rest of the members were in different cities — such as Cappadonna, who was in Miami — RZA sent them files, which they e-mailed back, until he came up with the final version."
http://wuforever.com/index.php?name=...&theme=Printer

you can't get any classic with that type of process.

you can't find more objective than the FACTS. Not hatin Not dickriding.
jokostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #145
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

thank you for those articles joko.

all those broken promises.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #146
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

good post jokostyle.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #147
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Geesh. RZA is a great producer, but he is not the god of hip hop beats. Give it a rest.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #148
Heaterz1990

Heaterz1990 grasshopper

wow thats pretty cool meth plays socom
Heaterz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:22 AM   #149
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

here's the review from allmusic.com 3 out of 5 stars

Ever since the release of the somewhat disappointing Tical 0: The Prequel, Method Man has been trying to prove that he really is the MC he was on his fantastic 1994 solo debut. So maybe the fact that he decided to name his fourth record 4:21...The Day After has less to do with marijuana (though of course that theme is never completely forgotten) and more to do with moving away from all the comparisons to his first album, Tical (and the subsequent Tical-themed titles that came after). And while 4:21 may be an improvement over his previous releases, Method Man's not quite the funny yet insightful rapper he was on his debut. To his credit, however, there are still some pretty good tracks on the album, including "Say," with a Lauryn Hill-covering-Bob Marley sample; "Dirty Mef," which has a verse from deceased Clansman Ol' Dirty Bastard; and "Walk On" featuring cohort Redman, and when Method Man spits out "Me and my soldier, we're taking over/taking payola from all those stations and record labels" over a beat by RZA and Erick Sermon (both of whom appear multiple times), you almost believe that he's going to make a comeback. Unfortunately, there are enough songs on 4:21 that are so utterly boring that the claim of redemption can't be made quite yet. "Got to Have It" is trite and almost hypocritical; the balladic "Let's Ride," which features a chorus from Ginuwine, is completely uninventive; and the closer, "4 Ever," with labelmate Megan Rochell, sounds as if it's trying to capture the energy he and Mary J. Blige had on "I'll Be There for You/You're All I Need to Get By," but ends up seeming more like an empty radio track. There is some good production on the album (besides RZA and Erick Sermon, Scott Storch, Kwamé "K1Mil" and Mathematics all contribute beats), and there are some decent verses as well, both from Method Man and his myriad of guest stars, but they're lacking some of the punch and ingenuity of Tical. Longtime fans should be happy to hear that he's sounding better, but he's going to have to keep making improvements if he wants to win over many new ones.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #150
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

I think that review is pretty fair towards a non-wutang fan.