news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #31
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Hip hop will never be as lyrical as it use to be,cause so much different hip hop has been portrayed and everybody got there own style of rapping bruh.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #32
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi View Post
no lyrics dont make money
and that my friends...is the sad fucking truth.....
Old 08-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #33
PLO-Stylez
ADEPT

PLO-Stylez grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
I have mixed feelings about JAY-Z as an executive, I give him props for going out and signing some real hip hop like THE ROOTS and NAS, plus DEF JAM got METHOD MAN and GHOSTFACE.....but it seems like all the realeses coming out of Def Jam are RnB shit so far....like isn't Def Jam a hip hop label? Probably the greatest hip hop label of all time

I think if Def Jam wants to put out RnB, thats cool, just call it Def Soul or something, just dont make Def Jam a fuckin RnB label

Yeah good point but they also seem to promote their RnB artsits a lot more

They should break it up like they had Def Jam south make one for RnB
Old 08-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #34
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

listening to hip hop takes time, most music on the radio is played, and people subconsciously hear it. when your listening to most underground shit you gotta hear it, take in what their saying n not just let it be droning in the background.

plus there is some intelligence behind it, more than half the stuff i listen to ill show to someone, and they'l be like ''what, i dont get it''

concepts, wordplay. etc etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #35
WHITE_MANTIS_AI
The Imaculate Conception

WHITE_MANTIS_AI grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to WHITE_MANTIS_AI

It won't while 50s at the top

"Patience is a virtue and knowledge is a commercial"
IKON THE VERBAL HOLOGRAM
WHITE_MANTIS_AI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #36
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

How can it when it never was really on top. check the charts lyrical raps have always been outshined by gangster rap and party rap get over it.

Why is it so sad that lyrical rappers don't make money. IT's an acquired taste. The truth most people would rather party than listen to most of these lyrical rappers.

And message wise look around hiphop never cared about a message if it did why would you have so many I'll kill you rappers thug rappers and gangster rappers? That's not exactly a good message to send to someone who is already feeling rebellious. The truth hiphop only have so few artist that are speaking truth the rest are jibberish. The whole gangster era poison kids heads. I would certainly rather them spend their money on rims than shoot someone becauce they are too lazy to get a job.

What about the pimp raps I mean all this talk about black women shaking their ass. Message has never been something that hiphop was strong on.

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

Last edited by staycreepin_n_silence; 08-14-2006 at 02:52 PM.
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #37
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence View Post
How can it when it never was really on top. check the charts lyrical raps have always been outshined by gangster rap and party rap get over it.

Why is it so sad that lyrical rappers don't make money. IT's an acquired taste. The truth most people would rather party than listen to most of these lyrical rappers.
that not true at all man.......1993-1996 groups like WU TANG, NAS, MOBB DEEP, GANGSTARR, BOOT CAMP CLICK, BIGGIE, JERU THE DAMAJA, etc were all getting heavy burn on Rap city and on rap radio, and were the biggest artists of that time.....

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #38
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

^....................and then came the internet. If I had to take a guess at the single-biggest factor in the decline of quality music making it to the radio, I'd say it's illegal downloading. The moral of the story is to take yourself down to the local music spot and buy the cd's you wanna listen to. If it's not moving units the record companies aren't gonna make a push to get it out there.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #39
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
listening to hip hop takes time, most music on the radio is played, and people subconsciously hear it. when your listening to most underground shit you gotta hear it, take in what their saying n not just let it be droning in the background.

plus there is some intelligence behind it, more than half the stuff i listen to ill show to someone, and they'l be like ''what, i dont get it''

concepts, wordplay. etc etc.
yo i totally hear what youre saying
but seriously, who wants to listen to def jux
all their beats are depressing and so are most of their lyrics
only ones i can stand is mr lif, murs and el-p (in company flow)
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #40
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
that not true at all man.......1993-1996 groups like WU TANG, NAS, MOBB DEEP, GANGSTARR, BOOT CAMP CLICK, BIGGIE, JERU THE DAMAJA, etc were all getting heavy burn on Rap city and on rap radio, and were the biggest artists of that time.....
Yeah they got love in their area rap city is a bias station. Seriously, biggie was hot, everyone else we down here didn't hear about until after 97. See my point party raps was in the 80, 90s and 00s. Sure they may have drop an album or two but wu fell off quick, mobb deep fell off quick, BCC fell of quick, nas is falling off now and you can't blame the reason why they fell off to not gettin any radio play.

You need more than a hook, people don't want to have to analyze every freaking lyric, basically all of those lyrical songs was simply a different way of saying you are going to die by me. So let's see that lyrics did rule, it must not have made them much money, because most of those albums that came out by those artist is just now turning plat or havent seen plat yet. My point is simple,if you aren't able to get and keep the peoples attention how good are you as an entertainer? Your job is to entertain the people because if they want a lecture they would go to school. So if they was on top how did they lose it? simple, they was only a phaze, "times moved on y'all stood still "

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

Last edited by staycreepin_n_silence; 08-14-2006 at 03:11 PM.
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #41
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence View Post
Yeah they got love in their area rap city is a bias station. Seriously, biggie was hot, everyone else we down here didn't hear about until after 97. See my point party raps was in the 80, 90s and 00s. Sure they may have drop an album or two but wu fell off quick, mobb deep fell off quick, BCC fell of quick, nas is falling off now and you can't blame the reason why they fell off to not gettin any radio play.
Wu fell off quick??? NAs fell off quick??? MoBB DEEp fell off quick??

how many classic albums do these artists have......Wu, NAS, and MOBB are still in the rap game like 13 years deep......this cant be said for so many artists from the 1990's.....in terms of hip hop careers WU, Mobb, and NAs have had some of the longest....

look at how many fly by night rappers there are who put out like 1 or 2 albums......Wu has like 20+ albums, NAs around 8, and Mobb like 6-7

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Last edited by tical2000; 08-14-2006 at 03:18 PM.
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #42
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

It's really a shame that lyrical rappers don't sell records anymore. The way the rap game is right now, it probably will never go back to lyrics because the ho ass white people that are in charge of the record companies only wanna put out rappers that can't rap LOL. Like Willie D said on his solo song Unbreakable, the fans ain't even buying the records no more for content, they buying images and what they see is what they get LOL. That's true what he said.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #43
GhostFan
Ironman

GhostFan grasshopper

Wooooo... another one of these threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone (no homo)
they never left maybe u idiots should start buying albums and labels will sign lyrical rappers instead
Complete truth. But I dont care who gets signed so... fuck that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical
how many classic albums do these artists have......Wu, NAS, and MOBB are still in the rap game like 13 years deep......this cant be said for so many artists from the 1990's.....in terms of hip hop careers WU, Mobb, and NAs have had some of the longest....
LL Cool J, Kool G Rap, The Coup, Outkast, Cam'ron, Mase, Canibus, Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop, JayZ (He retired... yeahhhhhh....), Jeru Da Damaja, Guru, Lil Wayne, Juvenile, BG, Masta Ace, Pharoahe Monche (He put out some song a month or two ago), Ras Kass, Redman, Scarface, The Roots, Xzibit, Z-Ro, Trae, and more... so what the hell are you talking about? Thats all non Wu, and if you want I can throw in some Wu Affiliates and a LOT more rappers..
There's certain tricks of the trade to try and hault your defeat//Like taking tupperware to an "all you can eat"//Returning used shit for new saying you lost your receipt//And writing four figure checks when your accounts deplete//Then all your problems pile up about a mile up//Thinkin about a partner you can dial up to help you out this foul stuff//Whole family sleepin on a futon while you're clippin coupons//Eatin salad tryin to get full off the croutons

Last edited by GhostFan; 08-15-2006 at 05:24 PM.
GhostFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #44
smokebongoncliff
WuTang is the Foundation

smokebongoncliff grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to smokebongoncliff

Lyrics to go

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces
smokebongoncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #45
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

lyrics can come or leave, as long as the beat is simple enuff to make a song about food to..

cuz these rapers now cood be maaaaad dope but they dont have to be since these assholes nowerdays only care about simple beats
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote