news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

CherChezLaMarauder crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to CherChezLaMarauder
Default The Official Wutang-corp.com Hip Hop Hall Of Fame. Mods assist me on this please:

Alright fellas and ladies, here's how it works. Consider us all hip hop journalists and we have the priveledge to decide who will be indcuted to the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame. In order for an MC to be voted, he or she will need 20 votes from 20 different individuals. You can put in as many as you want, but do not allow your wacky personal favorites to receive a vote from you. Remember that it doesn't have to be just rappers, it can be DJs, producers, CEOS etc etc. Let's keep this strictly unbiased and understand that any MC that's voted in is well deserving. I will put in votes for rappers and groups that I wasn't too crazy about personally, but I understand what they've contributed to hip hop. We have to take heed to that this is all about IMPACT. There's been rappers that did their thing but understand it's all about IMPACT, that's what we're focusing on. Moderators of the board, if you can keep track along with myself to see when an MC receives 20 votes, i or you guys can make a new thread stating who's been inducted to the Hip Hop Hall Of Fame (put it as a sticky).

I will set it off with my personal candidates:

Sugar Hill Gang
Grandmaster Flash
Melly Mel
Eric B & Rakim
LL Cool J
KRS One
Run DMC
Russel Simmons
Public Enemy
Kool G Rap
Big Daddy Kane
EPMD
Slick Rick
NWA (as a group)
Ice Cube
Dr. Dre
Scarface
Nas
JayZ
Biggie Smalls
A Tribe Called Quest
Redman
Outkast
Cypress Hill
Big Pun
2 Pac
DJ Premier
DJ Clue
Eminem
Wu Tang Clan
Black Moon
Mobb Deep
African Bombaddah
Krazy Legs
P Diddy
Snoop Dog
Common
Talib & Mos Def
Lauryn Hill
Queen Latifah
MC Lyte
Roxanne
50 Cent
Funk Master Flex
DJ Red Alert
2 Live Crew
Suge Knight
Old 08-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
MsRzaRecTaH
jeŠ

MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Oh wow! thats a great list... Im gonna have to come back tonite and add on!!

-there's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self-
www.getthefunkouttamyface.com jeŠ
MsRzaRecTaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Why would Suge Knight up in there? What about Doom?
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

This isnt' about debate you nimrod. Just put in your votes

Suge Knight is the founder of Death Row Records. Death Row were running shit in the early mid 90s you're crazy.

Just put in your damn votes and dont turn this into an arguing thread
Old 08-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title

The Lost Prophet shaolin monk

instead of us being able to vote for as much people as we want we should instead limit it to 3 rappers, 2 producers, 1 dj, and 1 CEO

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

i don't think people are going to focus on everyone elses votes, so people can easily vote for the same person continuously.

20 votes from 20 people are lot, and i think if somebody gets 20 votes its well earned, dont u think?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the best way to keep track of this is to keep adding names to your list that people voted and add stars for how many votes they got.

I must add that this is a lot of work to do. When adding votes, keep 2 windows open...one to browse through the posts and the other to edit your first post. once someone reached 20 votes you can take the stars away and highlight their name.

since this is the "hall of fame"....there has to be a waiting period...say the must have had an official debut album 10 years from 2006 (so 1996)or longer instead of adding people that are still well active in hip-hop in their prime.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1 View Post
This isnt' about debate you nimrod. Just put in your votes

Suge Knight is the founder of Death Row Records. Death Row were running shit in the early mid 90s you're crazy.

Just put in your damn votes and dont turn this into an arguing thread

Fuck ur thread god. It aint gonna mean shit in weeks anyway. We constantly discuss this list shit and its just ridiculous. I threw out an idea.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

Alright fuck my thread, but the 1st thing u posted was trying to start a debate. This thread isn't about that and I was disappointed the way you came out, especially from from a respectable hip hop head like you.

ENG & Profit, i'm willing to work with whoever to make this official. THrow in ideas to make it better. My ears will stay open, but I think it'll be cool since this is supposed to be a real hip hop site, we should have our own official legends. Yea it'll take work but I think it's worth it.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

Once us fellow wu tang members can come together to an agreement on how the voting should be done, we can always delete this one and set off the official voting. i wanted to make this thread to start an idea and we can build off it and get this shit right.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

i like this thread so fuck the haters

Wu-Tang Clan (solo members included)
Gangstarr (Guru and Premo as soloers too)
Big L
A.Z
NaS
Rakim
Onyx
Dr.Dre
Prince Paul
GraveDiggaz
Ice-T
Ice Cube
Das-EFX (for ill music and being such an imitated influence they went unoticed ny many shortly after wich pisses me the fuck off)
Big Daddy Kane
Erykah Badu (if she counts)
Snoop Doggy Dogg
Pac
Biggie
Kweli
LL
BCC

ahh fuck it i'll finish later

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

first to keep track of all the names and the votes, it might be easiest to do a spreadsheet so you can find all the names alphabetically and add votes up quickly.

everyone's list is going to be extensive....so you might allow 25 names to be elected. After the first round of names, you will get a list of hall of famers that people dont need to vote on. for the second round people can select 20 more names that havent made the list yet that they never voted for in the first round so there will be more names and others that might make the 20 votes. the third round have just 15 names.

by then you should have everyone that needs to be put in.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #13
PLO-Stylez
ADEPT

PLO-Stylez grasshopper

Rakim
Krs
Nas
Gza
Big L
Chuck D
Common
Guru
Dj Premier
Ice Cube
Ice-T
Black Thought
J Dilla
Rza
Masta Ace
2pac
Big
Dre
Mobb Deep- P and Hav
Wu-Tang Clan-Group
Scarface
Run Dmc
Eminem
Redman

i think it is safe to say all of these guys are past their prime except maybe em if he hasnt bee around long enough i can change him out
Dont just nominate anyone this is a hall of fame

Last edited by PLO-Stylez; 08-12-2006 at 09:25 PM.
PLO-Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
PLO-Stylez
ADEPT

PLO-Stylez grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
first to keep track of all the names and the votes, it might be easiest to do a spreadsheet so you can find all the names alphabetically and add votes up quickly.

everyone's list is going to be extensive....so you might allow 25 names to be elected. After the first round of names, you will get a list of hall of famers that people dont need to vote on. for the second round people can select 20 more names that havent made the list yet that they never voted for in the first round so there will be more names and others that might make the 20 votes. the third round have just 15 names.

by then you should have everyone that needs to be put in.

sounds like a plan some1 has to keep track tho
Old 08-13-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gza
rakim
nas

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote