news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper
Default Volcano High

Bought this because I saw Meth on the cover. Its a Korean film with voiceovers by hip hop stars, Mya and Kelis. Too sleepy to watch it now. Should be interesting.

Product Description @ Amazon
Like a jump-spinning roundhouse kick to the side of your head, VOLCANO HIGH will smash to pieces everything you thought an MTV movie could be. In a wild high school setting, the kick-ass martial arts action explodes as rival sports teams go at it kung-fu style. With mind-blowing special effects, a hip-hop soundtrack and an impressive cast of celebrity voices including André 3000, Lil' Jon, Snoop Dogg, Method Man and Mya, this film will keep your pulse racing. Brace yourself, Grasshopper.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
The Wizzard
Stephen Strange _ZZ_

The Wizzard grasshopper

Cool fuckin flick, it's dope when meth and snoop and shit are doing the voices but I do like the Koran one better, which if you got the same one i did comes with both.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

didnt like this flick at all. thought it was pretty weak. too much cgi and special effects for my tastes.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Too much style but no substance, two thumbs down.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Yes, there was a lot of wire work. That's just the way most kung fu flicks are made now.

Interesting the fate of Mr. Ma (Mef's character) and that Kim K (Andre 3000) character says in the end "There's no more rules."

I'll definitely play it again to hear Mef's raspy voice. Voiceovers were well done. 8/10

Too bad there isn't a soundtrack.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just so people know Im talking about the original version not this one with hip hop artists although the idea for this is terrible unless it's played straight in which case I would be interested in checking it out.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:53 AM   #7
Poetic Disciple
Shaekwon Tha 1st Brother

Poetic Disciple grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Poetic Disciple Send a message via Yahoo to Poetic Disciple

I know this thread is old, but check out this clip. The whole movie is on youtube in parts.