news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
Illmatic is his strongest album, its not debatable
illmatic is contender for goat hip hop album period

you can't say that about nas's other albums although none of them are wack
Old 08-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i cant believe anyone has the gall to try and tell people that nas best album isnt illmatic!
what fuckin planet are you livin on!, nas fell off, streets disciple is his worst and he will only get weaker...
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

did someone seriously say Nastradamus is better than Illmatic... I'm speechless
Old 08-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Nastradamus is not better than Illmatic.

There was a time when I would listen to Nastradamus on repeat for at least three spins. After hearing it that much I found that it seems to be his weakest work. Then again , I havent listened to gods son that much so , who knows. I'll prolly soulseek that shit tonight.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #20
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

nastradamus is very strong lyrically, just the beats and concepts fucked it up
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #21
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Its not even debatable, Illmatic is probably the "strongest" hip hop album EVER made in ALL areas. You think you get songs like My Country on illmatic?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #22
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
Also, which is the weakest? Only one that I never gave a chance was God's Son. How did GS hold up against the rest?

I say that Illmatic had to be the strongest due to a hunger that all freshmen have. The weakest would have to be Nastradamus. It just had some wack hooks here an there. Catchy but wack.
i just wanted to quote you because with that text quoted it looks like its arabic or hebrew....lol

on topic Gods son is somewhere in the middle of the pack. Besides Nastradamus there is no weak Nas album

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
Illmatic is his strongest album, its not debatable

Exactly, i would say his weakest is between GS or Nastradamus. I'd say they're both 3 mics
Old 08-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #24
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Has anyone here heard the two Nastradoomus albums? (Nas lyrics from Nastradamus over MF Doom beats)

If so what did you think?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #25
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^

never knew that existed i should try to find it

edit: hmm on slsk everyone that i know has it but me...gettin it

Last edited by Prolifical ENG; 08-23-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #26
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...music&v=glance

This is the link for the Nastradoomus album which is selling on Amazon uk.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #27
youngdeck01

youngdeck01 grasshopper

stillmatic was pretty tight. i think heads will hate on me for sayin this but..."As it was written" Nas did some great work lyrically on this, not sure if i can say its his strongest, but its up there. i thought i remind yall bout it.
youngdeck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #28
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

it was written is just as good or better then illmatic, illmatic is just so damn classic people will never be able to fully see how great it was written is, fans always always always downplay an artists soghomore album...think of any GOAT and the theory will work.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #29
IRONMAN GFK
Veteran Member

IRONMAN GFK grasshopper

nastradamus is almost wack. i remember how disappointed i was after purchasing that album

apart from that, they're all good

i think of illmatic as the best album ever
it was written is mad underrated, everybody likes stillmatic (how could you not), i think god's son is a semi-classic too, but that might just be me, not a lot of people are feeling that joint
i am contains some strong songs

street's disciple is a weird album. there's a lot of songs on those 2 discs i skip every time. but the songs i do listen to are very good (bridging the gap is one of the best singles from the last few years)

the lost tapes is great, especially considering those songs are throw-aways
Old 08-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #30
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Nas has the greatest catalouge in Hip Hop IMO

Illmatic is a masterpeice, IWW was good, I Am was also good, just not as good as IWW, nastradamus was alright, but it's not as horrible as alot of people make it out to be, Stillmatic, and Lost Tapes are both amazing, not better than Illmatic, but very great none the less, God's Son is probably my least favorite, but it's alright, same thing with SD.