news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #31
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

stupid hip hop isnt a genre of music its a culture

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #32
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta View Post
Common went Gold how bout u idiots start buying albums instead of bitching
We are not talking about buying albums. We are talking about the quality of hip hop and how it has changed from storytelling to bling blung (as KRS One would say). Keep with the thread, idiot.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #33
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't think rap was ever meant for the mainstream, what was important about rap was the lyrics, not just political/consious messages but also clever wordplay being able to manipulate words creating hidden meanings and so on, once it started getting popular mc's became lazy because they realised that the mainstream market just wanted music to have in the background or to party to and didn't really care about the lyrics, I guarantee that about 80% of the people that like 50 cent for example don't give a shit about what he's saying, they like his music because they can just vibe to it without having to think too deeply into his lyrics and for a lot of people thats all they want.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #34
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
We are not talking about buying albums. We are talking about the quality of hip hop and how it has changed from storytelling to bling blung (as KRS One would say). Keep with the thread, idiot.

ok so that hip hop hippity hop music sure was story telling huh? rap didnt start out lyrical dumb ass. PLUS rappers have ALWAYS been talking about Jewels and shit they dont have.

so why is it different now? cause its the south? the double standards have to stop.

if u want quality albums then start buying the lyrical rappers stupid. if lyrical rappers sell then they will sign more. THATS HOW THE BUSINESS GOES

Old 08-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #35
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
stupid hip hop isnt a genre of music its a culture

At this point, hiphop's been diversified and also corrupted to the point where there is no center to the culture or unified movement, so it's no longer a culture.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #36
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
At this point, hiphop's been diversified and also corrupted to the point where there is no center to the culture or unified movement, so it's no longer a culture.

lmao who are u to say its not a culture anymore? lol that shit is hilarious. stop

Old 08-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #37
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Quote:
ok so that hip hop hippity hop music sure was story telling huh? rap didnt start out lyrical dumb ass. PLUS rappers have ALWAYS been talking about Jewels and shit they dont have.

so why is it different now? cause its the south? the double standards have to stop.

if u want quality albums then start buying the lyrical rappers stupid. if lyrical rappers sell then they will sign more. THATS HOW THE BUSINESS GOES
I'm not hating on the South. Outkast is great! What do you consider hip hop hippity? Sugarhill Gang? Kurtis Blow? That's storytelling and wordply that Tauro mentioned .

Don't call me names, fuckhead (learned that word from Mef today).
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #38
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

it's offical RIP hiphop is dead, u heard it here folks straight from WTC hiphop is now deceased!

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #39
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
I'm not hating on the South. Outkast is great! What do you consider hip hop hippity? Sugarhill Gang? Kurtis Blow? That's storytelling and wordply that Tauro mentioned .

Don't call me names, fuckhead (learned that word from Mef today).

i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
now what you hear is not a test--i'm rappin to the beat
and me, the groove, and my friends are gonna try to move your feet
see i am wonder mike and i like to say hello
to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow
but first i gotta bang bang the boogie to the boogie
say up jump the boogie to the bang bang boogie
let's rock, you dont stop
rock the riddle that will make your body rock
well so far youve heard my voice but i brought two friends along
and next on the mike is my man hank
come on, hank, sing that song

oh yeah thats great story telling right?

and in the same song the dudes braggin about lincoln continentals n shit soooo how is that any different than it is today?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #40
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
now what you hear is not a test--i'm rappin to the beat
and me, the groove, and my friends are gonna try to move your feet
see i am wonder mike and i like to say hello
to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple and yellow
but first i gotta bang bang the boogie to the boogie
say up jump the boogie to the bang bang boogie
let's rock, you dont stop
rock the riddle that will make your body rock
well so far youve heard my voice but i brought two friends along
and next on the mike is my man hank
come on, hank, sing that song

oh yeah thats great story telling right?

and in the same song the dudes braggin about lincoln continentals n shit soooo how is that any different than it is today?
Let me ask you something, when did you think hip hop reached it's best?....most would tell you the mid ninties and thats the time when mc's where serious lyrical muthafuckas, so you could go on about hip hop in the beginning but that led to what was to become real lyricism, now rap seems to be devolving which is not the direction it should be heading is it?

Method Man
Old 08-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #41
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

y not? it has switched regions. the south is into parties so they are gonna do party music, whats wrong with that? there is nothing wrong with a balance of both which is what i do. but yall bitching 24/7 is pathetic

Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #42
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
y not? it has switched regions. the south is into parties so they are gonna do party music, whats wrong with that? there is nothing wrong with a balance of both which is what i do. but yall bitching 24/7 is pathetic
There is nothing wrong with party music, I like to go to the clubs as much as anybody and when Im there I don't want to hear Immortal technique on some political shit, or anyone else for that matter, but what happens to your physical well being if all you do is party?...It's all about balance, taking things in moderation.

If Mtv for example showed every aspect of hip hop culture not just the party shit then people wouldn't complain as much but as it stands there is no balance which is why we are having this debate.

Method Man
Old 08-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #43
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

mtv is stupid anyway they dont even play music videos. lol they have like 1 or 2 shows that deal with music and they only play like 2 sec of the video. shit they had to make an MTV 2 so they could play music videos lol.

well if u all bought more lyrical rapper's albums the labels would have to sign the lyrical rappers and then MTV would have no choice but to play their videos.

look MTV and the labels dont decide what is going to be a hit.

YOU DO! the PEOPLE DO!

plus most the ppl from the south are entrepenuers who have their label and a fan base already. soooo who would you pick?

the artist with a guaranteed fan base with shitty lyrics or the artist who hasnt been heard much besides on his block and hes real lyrical?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #44
TAURO
El Don of this shit

True, a corporation is simply tapping into a movement where they know it has a fanbase ie the south (Crunk/Hyphy) but you are wrong in thinking these labels don't decide on whats being put out, ofcourse they do, you only have to read some of the recent Meth interviews in the wu chamber where he talks about how the label tells him what single he should put out and so forth and that is whats killing hip hop, by taking away an artists creativity all you are doing is churning out the same monotonous bullshit with no soul which is what you are being fed daily on stations like Mtv and BET.

Method Man
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #45
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

no its cause meth takes a million yrs to make an album. so hes a liability becasue they arent sure if meth can be successful musically again. they dont do that with everyone. ESPECIALLY if you are indie. its meth's fault he didnt wanna mess with the business side so hes gonna be fucked the rest of his career.

noone else fucked him up but himself

jay-z was comin out with an album every year and this fool waits at least every 4 yrs