news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default Lupe Responds About The Album Cover...LMFAO

i could've done so much for the cover...but i felt hey why not do something fun...as a kid i always had dreams where I was flying so i was like hey why not?...plus i love Dragonball Z and they be floatin with mad lights and glow ala' Bruce Leroy hahaha...the cover is actually taken from this japanese manga print called "the sleeping man"...this guy is sleepin on this train and he and everything around him is floating...superfresh!!!...all the products around me and everything i have on is actual stuff I own that I have with me on a daily basis...like thats my favorite pair of jeans...its all my inspirations...items made by people that I am close friends with or things that I love like Nintendo (got the DS Lite by the way its a deep blue japanese beta version direct from Nintendo) that book is the Quran by the way...ya'll should check it out...a good read...its also speaks to materialism...I'll explain a lil later...the font is for you art buffs...on the surface its just arabic style font yay!!!...but any of you who are fans of absract art might appreciate that it was hand drawn for me by a very famous and respected artist by the name of Rostarr...this album was made for a lot of people not just hood niggaz or white kids in the burbs or just fans of hip-hop...I made it so that hopefully everyone who comes into contcat with it can appreciate something about it...even if its just the Banksy oil painting floating in back of me...more importantly I did it for myself...in my profession i always find myself doin stuff for other people...interviews, shows, whatever...but this is something where I was completely selfish and just did something that I like not really caring if people love it or hate it...pixie dust and all niggaz!!!...Enjoy!!!..."Us Placers" tape is cancelled but for reasons that I could've never possibly imagined...you'll see hahahahaha

in case u missed the gayness

i can respect him for being real and true to himself

but the cover is just gay lookin

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

not to mention it has nothing to do wit its title
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title

The Lost Prophet shaolin monk

it should of had a little kid in front of the liquer store wit a forty and a big mac.........u know symbolism of how alcohol and MD are killing the children

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:41 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its alright, something different i guess. but the nintendo just looks stupid./

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

I always imagined the cover to be him standing in front of or in a cornerstore for some reason lol

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
© The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

Thats a straight 80s throwback...hahaha...that shit looks so 80s to me
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
Freeway Part:ll

Freeway Part:ll grasshopper

Reminds me of that Pink Floyd cover.
Freeway Part:ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
mofo
ADEPT

mofo grasshopper

Is that a fuckin beenie baby in the backround?
mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The cover is gay, but he's real, and his music is good, so I guess it's (almost) all good =)
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #10
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

TrueDciple crouching tiger

To me its not gay unless hes wearing some dress or making out with another dude. Its just art. Some of you got the bad habbit to be calling everything u dont like gay and that just means that ur insecure about ur sexuality. And by the way it doesnt make u more man by saying that, just totaly the oposite.

I do respect everybodys opinion tho.

TrueDciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

gay(in this context) = soft, bitch-made, unmasculine

so for all those who were looking forward to buying this, have you changed your mind?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #12
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

cover is wack, as fuck........

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
GhostfaceThaPharoahe
PRODIGAL SUN

GhostfaceThaPharoahe crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
gay(in this context) = soft, bitch-made, unmasculine

so for all those who were looking forward to buying this, have you changed your mind?
yes, i am not going to buy something with a wack ass cover like that, as shallow as that sounds
Old 08-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
Gawd
Just walk away.

Gawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkey

put Dr Dre in that pic and its ghey......or any down south rapper...
Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #15
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceThaPharoahe View Post
yes, i am not going to buy something with a wack ass cover like that, as shallow as that sounds
it sounds shallow AND stupid

as gay as the cover looks the music is still ill

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote