news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #16
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Its not whats on the cover that bothers me, its just its a wack cover, simple as that. It doesnt work at all. When I look at it it annoys me, nothing is right with it, its all out of balance.

What they need to do is get rid of the light beams on the left side of the cover, they really throw the whole shit off balance. His facial direction is all fucked as well, whats he looking down for? WTF is he looking at? Its a crap angle to have his head in, its annyoing. Plus all them things around him just look like theyve been thrown there without a care, the whole cover dosent fit with anything, non of the designs fit with the objects, he is in a wack position, what sort of fucking position is that?? Looks like he being hung, looks like hes being fucking lynched. It doesnt look like he floating in space.

And why are the colored light beams I mentioned before on the right all coming off him as if hes flying at speed or some shit, when his position is just like standing still? And if all the lightbeams on the right are connected to him (usually to imply movement) then WTF are the lightbeams on the left doing? Did I even mention the writing? That is quite possibly the wackest font I have ever seen. Its like one of those cheap free fonts you get with MS Office that no one ever uses cus you cant read wtf theyre saying. And the title, Food & Liquer, it was a dumb title anyway for him already, but now put it on this cover, and its like a joke.

Its bullshit. The designer needs to be shoved in a barrell and thrown down niagra falls.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #17
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Decent idea, horrible execution, as Ghostlaced said above the design and composition is amateurish, just about anyone in this forum could put together something conceptually similar but more visually pleasing in Photoshop in 1 hour.

I fail to see the hype around Lupe, granted the only songs I've heard was Kick, Push, Failure, I Gotcha, Daydreamin, and his verse on Touch The Sky, but to me he doesn't seem particularly innovative or intelligent with his lyrics, infact to me his lyrics on Daydreamin were somewhat boring and shallow, the beat and hook are beautiful though. To me it seems like because he isn't thuggin crazily on his songs, people want to act like his material is elevated, when his flow is generic and his lyrics are decent but nothing mindblowing (Kanye West was hyped the same way). I could be wrong, I just heard a few songs, if anybody has more material that would change my mind, let me know.

Oh yeah, does anyone else think this cover looks like those ads for Nintendo they used to have at the back of Marvel Comics in the 80s? That's what it reminded me of, that or some Michael Jackson Moonwalker shit.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 08-22-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #18
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
To me it seems like because he isn't thuggin crazily on his songs, people want to act like his material is elevated, when his flow is generic and his lyrics are decent but nothing mindblowing .
Xactly. I listened to that leak of food & liquer a while back, and to be honest I got kinda bored. But I get bored when I listen to Little Brother too so people might not agree on that.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #19
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlaced View Post
Xactly. I listened to that leak of food & liquer a while back, and to be honest I got kinda bored. But I get bored when I listen to Little Brother too so people might not agree on that.

I feel the same way about them. Their lyrics are 90% rapping about rapping. When they do rhyme about personal life, drama with girls and friends they are rather good, but most of the time it's just blah. Boondock Saints is a wicked track though.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #20
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

hahah oh shit i crakc up each time i see that cover
Old 08-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #21
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

I love Dragon Ball Z also bruh

DBZ=GOAT Cartoon
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #22
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

youre as gay as that cover
Old 08-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #23
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Problem Child View Post

DBZ=GOAT Cartoon
co-sign
Old 08-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #24
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
Their lyrics are 90% rapping about rapping.
that's complete bullshit, sound like you've never actually listened to more than one song

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #25
PLO-Stylez
ADEPT

PLO-Stylez grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway Part:ll View Post
Reminds me of that Pink Floyd cover.
Same

but coming out now this is pretty gay looking but i dont care about a cover i care about the album itself

But can u imagine all the hard ass thugs going to buy that lol
Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #26
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Problem Child View Post

DBZ=GOAT Cartoon

whattup with DBZ? That's like the most overrated anime ever... You've seen Gunslinger Girl? That's good anime! It's only 13 episodes though, but still the most underrated anime ever...

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #27
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
that's complete bullshit, sound like you've never actually listened to more than one song
no I own the listening, both chitlin circuit mixtapes, minstrel show, and seperate but equal, and while some songs when they are more introspective are , alot of the shit they rap about is about trying to make songs, and rocking a crowd, sheisty promoters, people hating on them and all that repetetive, generic shit that I could care less about ---those type of subjects are what I meant by 'rapping about rapping' aside from all the braggadocio shit, so I guess I should've clarified myself. They are technically proficient, their sound and style are good, and when they're on point they're great, but alot of times the subject matter is lacking, that's personal opinion. And if I just admitted to not having head a bunch of Lupe songs, do you think I would put myself out about LB without hearing alot of material? I think I'm getting too old for this shit because I'm sick of hearing the same cliches, even from 'underground', 'progressive' artists. I mean how are you gonna call your album 'The Minstrel Show', bring up the concept in every interview, but not make one song talking about how hiphop is a modern day minstrel show? That was a massive cop out.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #28
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Wow so its really the cover lol. Damn...I am still buying the album, but is going to look weird on my CD book next to kanye, Rhymefest and Common.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #29
TSA
www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post

i can respect him for being real and true to himself
honestly, i can't.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #30
Gawd
Just walk away.

Gawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkey

is that pharell? lawls