0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #886
Big Smokes
Livin It Up
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 739
Rep Power: 0
Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa
Default

any idea who silva is going to fight next?
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #887
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes
 
CEITEDMOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NEW JERUSALEM
Age: 33
Posts: 13,741
Rep Power: 79
CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
Anderson Silva is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Fuck people who say it's Jon Jones, Fuck people who say it's GSP, fuck people who say it's Frankie Edgar, Urijah Faber, whoever, whatever, Anderson Silva just got his 16th straight win, his 10th title defense, this dude is fucking unreal......



[/img]http://newspaper.li/static/6e511a3336bf186a2a03c20f88a62b30.jpg[/img]


Yea, I used to be a doubter of Anderson, but I Believe the hype now....
U RETARTED FOR BEING A DOUBTER BUT THE REASON WHY SILIVA IS THE BEST OF ALLTIME IN THE UFC IS CAUSE HES UNDEFEATED IN UFC WIT MOST TITLE DEFENSES OF ALLTiME

ANYONE WHO SAYS HES OVERRATED IS JUST TROLLING AND I WOULDNT TAKE SOMEONE WITH LESS THAN 1,000 POSTS SERIOUSLY CAUSE THERE PROBABLY SOMEONES SECONDARy
__________________


Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 07-08-2012 at 02:17 PM.
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #888
OlympiQ
\_(ツ)_/
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 428
Rep Power: 0
OlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken masta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLUMBIANA View Post
U RETARTED FOR BEING A DOUBTER BUT THE REASON WHY SILIVA IS THE BEST OF ALLTIME IN THE UFC IS CAUSE HES UNDEFEATED IN UFC WIT MOST TITLE DEFENSES OF ALLTiME

ANYONE WHO SAYS HES OVERRATED IS JUST TROLLING AND I WOULDNT TAKE SOMEONE WITH LESS THAN 1,000 POSTS SERIOUSLY CAUSE THERE PROBABLY SOMEONES SECONDARy
Were you considered a secondary when you had less than 1000 posts?

And how am I trolling when I'm presenting facts? All you seem to do is spam the forum with Heat pictures.
OlympiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #889
theheavens
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DETROIT
Posts: 3,314
Rep Power: 0
theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
"He was Lucky he landed the first punch"...........are you seriously going to use that as a valid statement?......that's the dumbest comment I've ever seen; "no skill involved?" Really......because the dude looked pretty good on the serving end of an ass-whooping Cain has never experienced before.......there's no such thing as "luck" in this sport, everyone has a punchers chance
I've been watching the sport since 1995, during the days of Royce Gracie (you don't know him), so don't speak out of turn.

that being said, Cain and and Junior had an equal chance to win, but Cain got clipped first. the rematch is the same thing. whoever lands first wins the fight. there's not much science involved when it comes to these two guys. they're not GSP or Silva. they're heavyweight brutes. if Cain lands first in the rematch, it's over
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #890
Big Smokes
Livin It Up
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 739
Rep Power: 0
Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa
Default

Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #891
KATO
Hidden Warrior
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brit Reid's guest house
Posts: 707
Rep Power: 11
KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
I've been watching the sport since 1995, during the days of Royce Gracie (you don't know him), so don't speak out of turn.

that being said, Cain and and Junior had an equal chance to win, but Cain got clipped first. the rematch is the same thing. whoever lands first wins the fight. there's not much science involved when it comes to these two guys. they're not GSP or Silva. they're heavyweight brutes. if Cain lands first in the rematch, it's over
yea I don't know him.......who's Royce Gracie, or Renzo, or Ryan (r.i.p), or Rickson? I have no idea who they are.......you're right.

As a matter of fact, who's Tank Abbott, or Oleg taktarov? Paul Varlans, or Marco Ruas? Pedro Rizzo doesn't ring a bell either.......nor does Kimo or Dan Severn, and who the fuck is Don Frye? never heard of him before too.......Jerry Bohlander, Ken Shamrock? Must be a bunch of no-names I guess.......Scott Ferozzo, Harold Howard, Steve Jennum, Pat Smith, and Dave Beneteau? I have no idea who these guys are......

I guess I'm just oblivious to the whole sport from the early days.......

don't speak out of turn LMAO......that made me laugh out loud XD

you're a funny guy fanboy.....I like you.
__________________
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #892
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!
 
RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,639
Rep Power: 0
RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms
Default

I want to see Silva vs. Jones!!!!!!!! Might be too early for who would change weight though? Might be too early for Jones to take on Silva.
__________________
RUSHING PLATYPUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #893
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!
 
RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,639
Rep Power: 0
RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms
Default

I don't know what the fuck this guy is smoking, but Anderson Silva is a fucking beast!!!! Overrated? I don't know. perhaps calling hi the g.o.a.t. might be overrating him (a little) but he is the best MMA fighter in the world right now. can't really take an argument against that point seriously myself.
__________________
RUSHING PLATYPUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #894
KATO
Hidden Warrior
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brit Reid's guest house
Posts: 707
Rep Power: 11
KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
Awww, are your feelings hurt, jordan? Stop being so damn sensitive.

.....How bout you reread your original reply to mines and tell me whether you didn't warrant that type of response. Talk about hypocrisy.
I see how this is going to be, lol I call you sensitive, you comeback saying I'm sensitive, etc etc......it goes nowhere, so what's the use? My original response was intiated by YOUR response to my praise of Silva; don't call me a hypocrite for saying I'm a GSP hater, when you came all up in here as an Anderson hater....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
I never said it was "by far" the weakest division. In fact, I even used the word "Arguably". There's no denying MW being one of the weaker divisions.
By using the term 'arguably" you're basically implying you think it's the weakest, especially when you don't follow up a comment like that by saying something like, "MW is arguably the weakest division in the UFC, but I could say the same about FW, or LHW" so be a little more elaborate in the future....


Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Name a opponent Silva has defeated more impressive than GSP dethroning Matt Hughes.
Perhaps no-one tot he calibur of Matt Hughes, but you can't blame Anderson for that, or the division he has dominated for so long. If that was the case, would you say the same thing about Mike Tyson, who could be considered the greatest boxer of his era? What really big names did he ever defeat? I mean he lost to Lennox Lewis and Holyfield, prob the 2 biggest names of his career he ever fought, and because he lost those matches and never really beat any big-names worth remembering, would you disregard his legacy?



Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
I believe that's my entire point. GSP has more "quality" wins than Silva.

Level of competition matters. He's had a good MW run but that's a weak division. Some of his opponents did very little to deserve a top 10 status and get a title shot.

-Travis Lutter: He was 9-3, and had 0 top ten wins.
-Nate Marquardt: Had one fight in 2007 to earn his shot against Silva by beating Dean Lister.
-Patrick Cote: With a record of 13-5. He was in a 5 fight win streak, although he didn't beat anybody in the top 10. He earned his shot by beating Almeida who had 2 fights in 4 years.
-Thales Leites: Got his shot by beating Marquardt by point deduction.
-Demian Maia: Earned his shot by getting KOed by Marquardt and then beating Jim Miller
-Vitor Belfort: Earned his shot without fighting at MW. Hasn't had a top 10 win in 7 years.

Thisis not meant to discredit or anything, but just to have an objective view. Jones' 3 title defenses have been arguably more impressive than all of Anderson's due to the level of competition he faced.
Aside from BJ Penn, and Matt Hughes, I wouldn't say GSP has faced high-calibur talent. Like Anderson, he has fought who was available to fight, and therefore had to make due. Dan Hardy, Sean Sherk, Matt Serra, etc these names aren't high quality, or Koschek either; but that's a matter of opinion I guess......either way Anderson is a more exciting fighter, and I'm sure his career will be regarded with higher esteem from the public eye rather than GSP when both decide to retire, and that's just a fact.
__________________
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #895
OlympiQ
\_(ツ)_/
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 428
Rep Power: 0
OlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken masta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
I see how this is going to be, lol I call you sensitive, you comeback saying I'm sensitive, etc etc......it goes nowhere, so what's the use? My original response was intiated by YOUR response to my praise of Silva; don't call me a hypocrite for saying I'm a GSP hater, when you came all up in here as an Anderson hater....
Check my very first comment brah. I simply stated that Silva is in a weak division. You then came at me with the casual fan, Silva hater, GSP fanboy shit. My first comment to you was pretty respectful.


Quote:
By using the term 'arguably" you're basically implying you think it's the weakest, especially when you don't follow up a comment like that by saying something like, "MW is arguably the weakest division in the UFC, but I could say the same about FW, or LHW" so be a little more elaborate in the future....
No, you claimed I stated it was the weakest "by far". When did I state this?



Quote:
Perhaps no-one tot he calibur of Matt Hughes, but you can't blame Anderson for that, or the division he has dominated for so long. If that was the case, would you say the same thing about Mike Tyson, who could be considered the greatest boxer of his era? What really big names did he ever defeat? I mean he lost to Lennox Lewis and Holyfield, prob the 2 biggest names of his career he ever fought, and because he lost those matches and never really beat any big-names worth remembering, would you disregard his legacy?
Are you actually reading my arguments? I clearly stated multiple times its not Silva's fault. Damn.





Quote:
Aside from BJ Penn, and Matt Hughes, I wouldn't say GSP has faced high-calibur talent. Like Anderson, he has fought who was available to fight, and therefore had to make due. Dan Hardy, Sean Sherk, Matt Serra, etc these names aren't high quality, or Koschek either; but that's a matter of opinion I guess......either way Anderson is a more exciting fighter, and I'm sure his career will be regarded with higher esteem from the public eye rather than GSP when both decide to retire, and that's just a fact.
I already listed other "high-calibur talent" GSP has defeated. If you choose to ignore them, fine by me.
OlympiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #896
OlympiQ
\_(ツ)_/
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 428
Rep Power: 0
OlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken mastaOlympiQ drunken masta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
I don't know what the fuck this guy is smoking, but Anderson Silva is a fucking beast!!!! Overrated? I don't know. perhaps calling hi the g.o.a.t. might be overrating him (a little) but he is the best MMA fighter in the world right now. can't really take an argument against that point seriously myself.
I don't know what the fuck this faggot is reading, cause I never denied Silva being the best MMA fighter in the world. But when you actually look at the competition Silva has faced compared to Jones and GSP....he's overrated to a extent. FACT.

Last edited by OlympiQ; 07-08-2012 at 06:28 PM.
OlympiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #897
theheavens
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: DETROIT
Posts: 3,314
Rep Power: 0
theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
yea I don't know him.......who's Royce Gracie, or Renzo, or Ryan (r.i.p), or Rickson? I have no idea who they are.......you're right.

As a matter of fact, who's Tank Abbott, or Oleg taktarov? Paul Varlans, or Marco Ruas? Pedro Rizzo doesn't ring a bell either.......nor does Kimo or Dan Severn, and who the fuck is Don Frye? never heard of him before too.......Jerry Bohlander, Ken Shamrock? Must be a bunch of no-names I guess.......Scott Ferozzo, Harold Howard, Steve Jennum, Pat Smith, and Dave Beneteau? I have no idea who these guys are......

I guess I'm just oblivious to the whole sport from the early days.......

don't speak out of turn LMAO......that made me laugh out loud XD

you're a funny guy fanboy.....I like you.
Wikipedia is definitely your friend
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #898
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO
 
Charles Barry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Over There
Age: 33
Posts: 1,165
Rep Power: 14
Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
I want to see Silva vs. Jones!!!!!!!! Might be too early for who would change weight though? Might be too early for Jones to take on Silva.
You're gonna be waiting for a long time because neither one of them seems to have an interest in fighting one another. Anderson even said as much in the post fight press conference last night.
__________________

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #899
KATO
Hidden Warrior
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brit Reid's guest house
Posts: 707
Rep Power: 11
KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
Wikipedia is definitely your friend
lmao yea okay dude, like I need some fucking fanboy on a forum to dictate my legitimacy of being a fan since day 1.

Good for you faggit, take your poser ass for a walk because clearly you're oblivious to your own fucking idiocy.



__________________
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #900
KATO
Hidden Warrior
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brit Reid's guest house
Posts: 707
Rep Power: 11
KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
Check my very first comment brah. I simply stated that Silva is in a weak division. You then came at me with the casual fan, Silva hater, GSP fanboy shit. My first comment to you was pretty respectful.




Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
No, you claimed I stated it was the weakest "by far". When did I state this?
when you said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
Worst division in the sport. He could be the "best pound-for-pound fighter in the world", it's not his fault it's the worst, but GSP's resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Silva's. Not to mention Jones has already beaten better quality opponents in his last few fights than Silva has ever faced in his life.




Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
Are you actually reading my arguments? I clearly stated multiple times its not Silva's fault. Damn.
doesn't matter if its his fault or not, the fact is, with the comments you've typed, you're disregarding his status as pound for pound best fighter due to the lack of quality competition compared to GSP (supposedly) and Jon Jones, so yea it's a relevant comparison when I speak about Mike Tyson....because people have the same view regarding him when discussing the same topic during his era, only it's boxing.







Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
I already listed other "high-calibur talent" GSP has defeated. If you choose to ignore them, fine by me.
who else?! You listed Hughes, BJ Penn, Fitch, Sherk, and Alves. Who else is high-calibur talent that he's beat?! Mayhem Miller? Koschek? Dan Hardy? Parysian? None of those guys aside from HUghes and BJ I'd consider a top 10 fighter, even during their supposed "prime" with the exception of maybe Koschek, but even then I never thought he was worthy of a title shot....I didn't ignore them, I felt they were irrelevant.
__________________
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one