news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #1141
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
Shogun vs hendo 2 confimed!!

Anderson silva vs Roy Jones jr
once anderson heals up, it will be his first fight
Are they signed to fight, or do you just think they will?

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #1142
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey

^ Not sure how you can be that excited about Shogun and Hendo these days...

Pretty decent fight card tonight.

UFC Fight Night | Sat. Jan. 25

My Predictions

Walt Harris vs Nikita Krylov
George Sullivan vs Mike Rhodes
Daron Cruickshank vs Mike Rio
Junior Hernandez vs Hugo Viana
Chico Camus vs Yaotzin Meza
Eddie Wineland vs Yves Jabouin
Alex Caceres vs Sergio Pettis
Darren Elkins vs Jeremy Stephens
Donald Cerrone vs Adriano Martins
Stipe Miocic vs Gabriel Gonzago
Benson Henderson vs Josh Thomson
madchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #1143
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #1144
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

^LOL
thats PPV worthy right there!!

Apparently its official. Saw it on some brazilian news show.
Hendo just signed a new deal with the UFC, what sucks is that Hendo had to take a pay cut to continue on with the UFC.

Anybody catch the Bendo vs Thompson fight?
result was retty GSP-esque if you ask me.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 AM   #1145
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey

Quote:
Hendo just signed a new deal with the UFC, what sucks is that Hendo had to take a pay cut to continue on with the UFC.
You're surprised? He's on a 3-fight losing streak. Hendo is a Hall of Famer, but most fighters get the pink slip after that. Although, with Silva's future questionable, Hendo's time is up as a possible champ at 43 in my opinion. He's always dangerous and there's probably going to be some changes of the belt before we see another dominating Middleweight fighter. I think Vitor will grab it and hold it for a bit though. Hendo doesn't have a chance if his goal is Light-Heavyweight.

Quote:
Anybody catch the Bendo vs Thompson fight?
result was retty GSP-esque if you ask me.
Thomson got robbed of the win. If they didn't show Thomson's corner after the first, it would be hard to even know he had a broken thumb. I think he broke it on the first kick Henderson through in the fight that he tried to check with his hand. Thomson was on his back practically half the fight trying to submit him. Thomson won round 1, 2, and 4. I really thought Benson was going to come into this fight hungry to impress but he looked GSP-esque. He definitely dominated Round 3, took 5, and Round 2 was the questionable factor I guess.

It's probably fixed that the Pettis vs Henderson trilogy has to happen. They keep saying Pettis needs to take some easy fights before Benson but I don't see how that's possible when he holds the title and Benson is next in line.

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the retirement questions in Post-Fight Interviews. If Dana can convince Thomson to keep going, he'll probably have at least 2 more fights before a title shot which sucks (unless fighters ahead of him get injured).

Round 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

There were some awesome head kicks in the last UFC.

Last edited by madchild; 01-28-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #1146
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

prelims were better then the main fights. The Henderson Fight wasnt that great to watch.
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #1147
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Barrao & Aldo made easy work of their opponents. They looked ready as always. Good to see Overeem win & improving his cardio game to not gas out so early. He called out Brock too. Overall not a bad PPV.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #1148
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
Barrao & Aldo made easy work of their opponents. They looked ready as always. Good to see Overeem win & improving his cardio game to not gas out so early. He called out Brock too. Overall not a bad PPV.
I don't get why he called out Brock when Brock is not even in UFC anymore, and why not call out someone who beat you?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #1149
madchild
FU-MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
I don't get why he called out Brock when Brock is not even in UFC anymore, and why not call out someone who beat you?
Doesn't make any sense since he already beat him. I think I recall Dana in past interviews say that Brock is all better now and wants to return to the ring. Overeem has a lot of fights under his belt. He should be pushing towards a title fight and should be fighting Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, or Travis Browne next. I don't think he's earned fighting #1, 2, or 3 next.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #1150
hectis
Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchild View Post
Doesn't make any sense since he already beat him. I think I recall Dana in past interviews say that Brock is all better now and wants to return to the ring. Overeem has a lot of fights under his belt. He should be pushing towards a title fight and should be fighting Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, or Travis Browne next. I don't think he's earned fighting #1, 2, or 3 next.
I agree, but the thing about Overeem is am not sure he has improved, or if he just beat a fighter who is well past his best days in Frank Mir. It kind of reminds me of when Chael Sonnen beat Maurício Rua, and how everyone was saying how great he looked, but I was skeptical of the win, because he didn't beat a Shogun in his prime, but a fighter past his prime, but people told me I was wrong, but then look at what happened to him in his next fight vs a fighter who's still at his prime, and I feel that would happen to Reem if he was to fight Cain, or JDS and a few other people.

Last edited by hectis; 02-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #1151
hectis
Vic

Lots of people are pissed about the Urijah Faber/Renan Barao fight saying it was stopped way to early, and maybe it was, however if the referee would have let the fight go on any longer Faber would have just ate punches, and it would have been stopped anyway, because Faber was taking a beating, and it was clear who the better fighter was, but some people say Facer gave a thumb's up that he was ok, but of course a fighter would do that, because they want to pretend there ok, and further more if Cruz would have been able to fight he would have done a lot better, because he's a California man not a California kid.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #1152
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

If Overeem keeps improving his cardio game like he did against Mir, he'll do so much better in his fights instead of being gassed out all the time. I also agree that if the ref didn't stop it when he did in the Faber fight it would eventually would've gotten stopped. He was just eating punches.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #1153
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

Aldo seems to get gassed near the 5th round.
Its pretty dangerous for him because, usually his opponents are losing or down a round or 2 and need to finish.
they will come out swinging for the fences in the 5th.

Dana was blasting Overeems performance and his brock lesnar call out.
If the reem keeps his strategy of conserving his cardio and not getting cocky he will do just fine.
I dont think Mir will get cut just yet.

Faber was gonna get dealt with regardless.
Hopefully the next title shot he gets enough time to prepare.
Real class act in the ring tho. Unlike cough cough hendricks cough

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Last edited by chiba; 02-13-2014 at 03:10 AM.
chiba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #1154
madchild
FU-MAN

I thought I'd check out the Overeem vs Mir fight since you guys are talking about it. I saw the stats for the fight the day of and they were laughable. Frank Mir is durable as hell and is one of the all time best submission artists as a heavyweight but his cardio and striking ability is terrible. I'm surprised that it got out of the first round. He should retire after this fight. Who are they going to match him up with next, another terrible cardio guy like Gonzaga? No one wants to see that. Overeem looked good but lets face it, Mir didn't push his cardio one bit. He needs one more fight before a title shot. At the Post Fight Press Conference, a reporter asked him if he was going to drop-down to Light Heavyweight again. He would have to lose 52 pounds. Listening to the fight, Rogan said Overeem didn't take his clothes off or boots at weigh-ins though.

Faber was getting beatdown but it's happened to him before and he's pulled through it. I honestly think he would of lost if it kept going. Faber wasn't mad at all about the stoppage which showed good class.

Last edited by madchild; 02-04-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:39 AM   #1155
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Thiago Silva Arrested, Jailed After Armed Standoff with Police

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ff-with-police

He's always seemed crazy, feel sorry for whoever gets locked up with him..
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote