news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

graffitiwhat shaolin monk
Default The Roots-Game Theory

what do yall think of the new roots album? i heard it and im not impressed at all, infact i think its weak, and the only track with replay value is the last track, just want to see if yall like it if youve heard it yet
graffitiwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
PLO-Stylez
ADEPT

PLO-Stylez grasshopper

i liked most of it. i think it has pretty strong replay value. Some tracks are fillers and i might skip them but .....
All in the Music
Dont Feel Right
Game Thoery
Here i Come
Take it There
Those were real standouts
The reset were average to sort of above but Black Thought came pretty strong IMO
Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

ive been thinking of copping this album,since i know very little about this group can anyone reccommen which album to cop 1st?
and should i cop 'the game theory'?

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
ive been thinking of copping this album,since i know very little about this group can anyone reccommen which album to cop 1st?
and should i cop 'the game theory'?
All Things Fall Apart and Illadelph Halflife.These are the only 2 albums I can really get into alltho I haven't heard all of their albums but Game Theory doesn't thrill me

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Wzarecta
Shaolin Swordsman

Wzarecta grasshopper

Album of the year so far. Easily.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

I can't get through it. The beats seem dead or something.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
I can't get through it. The beats seem dead or something.

i think you hit that on the nose with that comment as far as the beats are concerned
Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

IT'Z LIKE THAT? DAMN I LUV THE ROOTS... WELL MEF DEFINETLY WON'T HAVE A PROB. SELLIN THEN, THEN, THEN, TH, TH, THEN
Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

PDTantisocial shaolin monk

Album is the best of the year, maybe it's too hard for people to listen to an artist that actually says shit when he rhymes.
In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
PDTantisocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

so how's that phrenology album?
cus thats the one i seem to see the most in record stores if you guys like it i'll get it,im always looking for new artists to check out.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDTantisocial View Post
Album is the best of the year, maybe it's too hard for people to listen to an artist that actually says shit when he rhymes.

thats YOUR opinion, and yeah black thought always has something to say when he rhymes but half of liking hip hop albums to me, is liking the beats and they really arent memorable beats compared to thier work in the past, your opinion isnt the only one that matters brah
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #12
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

Did I say "it's too hard for you guys"? No, I'm talkin' about people in general, son, don't be jumpin' on me.
In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:55 AM   #13
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDTantisocial View Post
Did I say "it's too hard for you guys"? No, I'm talkin' about people in general, son, don't be jumpin' on me.

my bad man i thought you did write "You Guys" i apologize, peace
Old 08-29-2006, 02:18 AM   #14
PDTantisocial
Straight Outta PHX

No prob brah
Old 08-29-2006, 04:25 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
so how's that phrenology album?
cus thats the one i seem to see the most in record stores if you guys like it i'll get it,im always looking for new artists to check out.

i would warn against getting phrneology, probably the weakest album.

"Things Fall Apart"
"Illadelph Halflife"
"Do You Want More?!!!??!"

are their best efforts. i havent heard "organix" though.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote