0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > SID ROW

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #16
OwnageNinja
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 83
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 11
OwnageNinja grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
no more like ur subjective opinion
Of course it is, why would I claim otherwise?
OwnageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #17
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose
 
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,461
Rep Power: 22
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
The main reason that people won't call new Wu stuff classic is simply because it isn't. No conspiracies, no psych analysis, just truth.
sounds like u tryin to say that's fact
__________________

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass


http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
OwnageNinja
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 83
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 11
OwnageNinja grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
sounds like u tryin to say that's fact
What was the last Wu album that you consider a classic? Seriously, what was the last one that really got a huge reception from fans and critics. I believe Fishscale and NSD can both be candidates and those are the two I said I think may be considered classics one day.

You know that whether something is "Classic" or not is a measure of opinion anyway, so I don't see your point. Even Cuban Linx being considered classic is a matter of opinion, the opinion of a majority doesn't make something fact.
OwnageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #19
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose
 
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,461
Rep Power: 22
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post

You know that whether something is "Classic" or not is a measure of opinion anyway, so I don't see your point. Even Cuban Linx being considered classic is a matter of opinion, the opinion of a majority doesn't make something fact.
there will always be someone who hates sumthin but majorities are the closest thing and its better than one person saying something is fact, like you are tryin to say with 4:21 being wack when it isn't
__________________

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass


http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #20
OwnageNinja
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 83
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 11
OwnageNinja grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah View Post
there will always be someone who hates sumthin but majorities are the closest thing and its better than one person saying something is fact, like you are tryin to say with 4:21 being wack when it isn't
I was probably a little harsh on the album. it's not wack, but it's not great either.

And honestly I just don't see what you expect Def Jam to do when they're dealing with an artist that hates them and yet still wants them to support him 100%. Also the album isn't too marketable to begin with.

Did you read my full post? I said what Meth could've done to change the outcome. But he already basically admitted that he's lazy and doesn't care.
OwnageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #21
WuBaller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 209
Rep Power: 0
WuBaller grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
What was the last Wu album that you consider a classic?
IMO Grandmasters could be one day
__________________
yeah right
WuBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #22
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,552
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuBaller View Post
IMO Grandmasters could be one day
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
Luz
Holy Father
 
Luz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 2,006
Rep Power: 19
Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury
Default

Supreme Clientele was the last Wu classic. Some other cds may be "personal classics" but thats it.

Grandmasters is too dull to be classic.

Fishscale has way too many weak tracks and all around poor lyrics to be classic.

421 is banging, but it doesnt have a lot of standout tracks. It also has a few weak tracks.

No Said Date is carried by its guest appearances and solid production. Still too many weak tracks for it to be a classic.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #24
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,552
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luz7533 View Post
Supreme Clientele was the last Wu classic. Some other cds may be "personal classics" but thats it.

Grandmasters is too dull to be classic.

Fishscale has way too many weak tracks and all around poor lyrics to be classic.

421 is banging, but it doesnt have a lot of standout tracks. It also has a few weak tracks.

No Said Date is carried by its guest appearances and solid production. Still too many weak tracks for it to be a classic.
on point mostly, but i think no said date is classic, and im sure enough others do too for it to be more than just a personal classic
fishscale is a much better album than 421
too many cats jockin the shit out of meth on this forum
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #25
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 627
Rep Power: 11
The Lost Prophet shaolin monk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnageNinja View Post
No. In fact I'm willing to say that Fishscale will one day be regarded as a classic. As well as No Said Date.

look speak for urself but i will NEVER regard NSD or fishscale as classics. those are some good solid albums but it takes alot to be called a classic and they aint holden it. speaking for me and my older brother, the only wu classic in the past 6 years was legend of the liquid swords but me and him r huge gza fans. but i have never came out and argued how its a classic for the reason that i know people dont and will not agree wit me
__________________
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #26
The Lost Prophet
Fuck a title
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 627
Rep Power: 11
The Lost Prophet shaolin monk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Wu Masta View Post
on point mostly, but i think no said date is classic, and im sure enough others do too for it to be more than just a personal classic
fishscale is a much better album than 421
too many cats jockin the shit out of meth on this forum

i think to many cats is jocken the shit out of fishscale and NSD in terms of this forum
__________________
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza
The Lost Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #27
OwnageNinja
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 83
Posts: 656
Rep Power: 11
OwnageNinja grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Prophet View Post
look speak for urself but i will NEVER regard NSD or fishscale as classics. those are some good solid albums but it takes alot to be called a classic and they aint holden it. speaking for me and my older brother, the only wu classic in the past 6 years was legend of the liquid swords but me and him r huge gza fans. but i have never came out and argued how its a classic for the reason that i know people dont and will not agree wit me
I find it funny when Wu fans defend the hell out of average releases that get BASHED by critics (4:21), yet then underplay good releases that get praised by critics. You guys are IMPOSSIBLE to please.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/arti...le?q=fishscale

http://www.metacritic.com/music/arti...%20said%20date

I don't get you wu fans at all.
OwnageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #28
famenchuan
Wu Vatican
 
famenchuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: LI, NY
Age: 27
Posts: 2,828
Rep Power: 16
famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey
Default

It seems like these guys are not going for that classic album. Most albums that are considered classics only have one main producer and one type of vibe. I mean there are exceptions (Supreme Cliental but rza overesaw the whole project). These guys are really just putting together good solid albums which they are. Fichscale, Made in Brooklyn are very good albums with ghost experimenting with a different sound and killa experimenting with different producers and some different type of music (Reggae, R&B). As long as there putting out albums like these I'm very happy. The next album wu album that I think will be classic is Cuban linx 2 but we'll just have to wait and see.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:06 AM   #29
Luz
Holy Father
 
Luz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 2,006
Rep Power: 19
Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury
Default

What critics are bashing 4:21?


And I'm sorry but Fishscale will never be considered a classic. Its such a step down for Ghost lyrically and theres so many weak tracks on there. A lot of the beats are weak too. Sure its a good cd but I'd like to know how many times you'll be listening to Clipse of Doom, Momma, Three Bricks, Jellyfish, Beauty Jackson or any of those ultra shitty skits in the near future. How about in 5 years? You still gonna be bumpin those tracks?
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 AM   #30
Longbongcilvaringz
.
 
Longbongcilvaringz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,579
Rep Power: 98
Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

a classic is an album that had great impact or that you can listen to hardly skipping a track... impact of recent wu album is minimal...+ most have many skippable tracks. i personaly can listen to "grandmasters" from start to finish but views of the album are to varied for it to be a classic, but i think its the only album out of the recent batch that could even be considered a classic ever.
__________________





Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one