news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #46
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

good to see someone who cares about artwork. well, it seems like it.

but...
lol @ the mistakes in the Wu names
lol @ the mix between asian sword (he really need to stop with those sword references) / arabic elements such as the font and the background
lol @ the wu hat...

anyway, good luck.
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #47
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchShin View Post
good to see someone who cares about artwork. well, it seems like it.

but...
lol @ the mistakes in the Wu names
lol @ the mix between asian sword (he really need to stop with those sword references) / arabic elements such as the font and the background
lol @ the wu hat...

anyway, good luck.

OK OK OK... Listen up everyone.

These "mistakes" in the names, ARE NOT mistakes. Hes spelt them that way for a reason. Everyone go and get there copy of Cuban Linx or Liquid Swords, or Return to the 36... any pre 97 album, and you'll find there names spelt like they are on the promotional poster. Back then it used to be "Killer" and not "Killah". This album Ringz is dropping represents the old school sound, and he wanted to bring every old school element to the album, even the old spellings.

He is also fully aware of the sword references, this is one reason why its taken so long to drop. He listens to people here, and he heard you guys wern't feeling it too much when he used to talk about swords. So he re-wrote every track on the album, so it doesn't sound repetative or whatever. He wants this to be perfect, hes payed alot of attention to detail for this album. And the Arabic elements... the guy is arabic himself so I would imagine he wanted to represent. His "Cilvaringz" logo is arabic. He talks arabic, he is arabic, so whats wrong with arabic fonts and such?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchshin
lol @ the wu hat...
What, he cant rep Wu now? Whats up...?

Hopefully ive cleared everything you guys have doubts over up. If you want to ask anymore questions then shoot...

And 2moro I will post another page from the booklet which will come with the album. Stay posted.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #48
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Has he found a label or distribution for the album yet? That MTV blurb said he was coming out in January.

And it's frustrating to see people nitpicking petty shit. Personally this is the only wu album other than gza and cuban 2 that I'm looking forward to.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #49
36chambers
The People's Champ

January could be possible, but we hope its before that.

Ringz is in talks with 2 diff Independant labels right now, he says one of them is a very strong offer. Both of these labels have released Wu-Tang projects in the past... and maybe one of them is still releasing Wu projects right now I would love to tell you more but I cant. Just stay tight, its coming!

BIG L Rest In Peace
Old 09-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #50
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

he's arabic, i know, no offense about that. it's just weird to me to MIX asian references and arabic references. 36, you should read my post again.

and the Wu hat... we'll it's just too fan-ish for me. looks like those high-school boys who wants to get into rap by dressing with Wu Wear and such. but... just my opinion again.

btw, past is past. 1993 was good, but it's 2006 now. gotta live with your time.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #51
Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers View Post

Ringz is in talks with 2 diff Independant labels right now, he says one of them is a very strong offer. Both of these labels have released Wu-Tang projects in the past... and maybe one of them is still releasing Wu projects right now I would love to tell you more but I cant. Just stay tight, its coming!
Babygrande...

*feels smart
Jim Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #52
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

Loud...

what ? it's down ?????
Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #53
36chambers
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchShin View Post
he's arabic, i know, no offense about that. it's just weird to me to MIX asian references and arabic references. 36, you should read my post again.

and the Wu hat... we'll it's just too fan-ish for me. looks like those high-school boys who wants to get into rap by dressing with Wu Wear and such. but... just my opinion again.

btw, past is past. 1993 was good, but it's 2006 now. gotta live with your time.
Thats fair enough, thanks 4 explaining bro.

Many fans are asking for an old school type sounding album, these fans will love it! And its something Ringz wanted to do. Maybe for Ringz next album he'll be living with the times now and release a "modern" sounding album? Maybe you guys wont be ready 4 Ringz next album Who knows...

BIG L Rest In Peace
Old 09-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #54
Iron Fist
Shaolin Monk

Iron Fist grasshopper

Quote:

I bet it's Babygrande !! *hoping it really is*

- Immortal Technique -

R.I.P. ODB
R.I.P. Poetic
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 AM   #55
Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
I bet it's Babygrande !! *hoping it really is*
I said it first!!!

What did I win ?
Jim Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #56
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

mantis_fist crouching tigermantis_fist crouching tiger

Quote:
Maybe you guys wont be ready 4 Ringz next album
That is such a stupid statement! RZA was the king of this. Ohh we can do this and do that and we've done these tracks but heads arnt ready. BULLSHIT! The WU fans are READY and have always been ready. Maybe the people who are not die hard wu heads! To me that is just a cover your ass statement. That way if you dont come thru you can just say "heads are not ready!"

Anyways, I went to the media section and The only RINGZ tracks I could find were live songs. WHO wants a live version of a track! PUT up the studio version.

THANKS!
mantis_fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:34 AM   #57
wusis2k
CHICKEN HEAD

wusis2k grasshopper

I like the cover.
the mixture of arabian and asiatic style is also very nice.
will cop that album.
wusis2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:34 AM   #58
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis_fist View Post
Anyways, I went to the media section and The only RINGZ tracks I could find were live songs. WHO wants a live version of a track! PUT up the studio version.

THANKS!
Check the audio-section in this forum, there are loads of old Cilvaringz-tracks uploaded there.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #59
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

rings do not be offended but ur verse on youll never kno wasnt good at all, i hope u bring it on this 1

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #60
euphanAsia

euphanAsia grasshopper

wow, he might be the first rapper from holland who will sell big overseas!!!

shit looks coo, im def gonna op it!!!
euphanAsia is offline   Reply With Quote