news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk
Default The Grey Album

I know its been out for ages but only copped this last week and cant stop listening now. Its fucking ace.

I have never listened to any Jay-Z albums before and the tracks I had heard I fucking hated, but this album is pure quality. Is it worth getting the Black album or is it because of the production on the Grey album that makes it so good?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

grey album yes.
black album no.
get cno of the cunninglynguists "white album" too thats even better. gives me chills.
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Black Album is tight but The Grey Album just shits on most every beat I hear these days. It's the creativity he put into it as oppossed to following a commercial formula that makes it so badass. The Rap Phenomenon mixtapes are pretty good too.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
Black Album is tight but The Grey Album just shits on most every beat I hear these days. It's the creativity he put into it as oppossed to following a commercial formula that makes it so badass. The Rap Phenomenon mixtapes are pretty good too.
Thanks man, I will check out the nmixtapes soon.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

I should tell ya that it's nothing like The Grey Album. It's all random Jay verses over alot of common beats, etc. Whoever put it out had a real good ear for the remixes though. I d/l 'd Rap Phenomenon 3 and it pretty much bangs from start to finish. Anf they used C.R.E.A.M. for the Supa Ugly remix. Check it out! Peace-
Old 09-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I got the Black Cronic up in here a few months back. Dre Beats with Hov acapellas. That shit was ill but if you really are diggin what Hov's sayin then ,Yes , you should cop the Black album. It is most likely his best. Most will say Reasonable Doubt but Black just ends up saying more. Black or Vol. 3. The fuckin beats were sick on Vol.3 all the way through. The subject matter was lacking here and there tho. The theme of 3 was a Hugh Heff Vibe. None the less, get the black album. Jay-Z is one of the best mc's of our time even if he is a biter and let the ROC fall.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
benzo
Wu Vatican

I hated Vol 3, man. I thought the beats were trash for the most part. Too many back ups and shit. The "Jigga" bonus track is the shit though! Just personal preference, though. I'd strongly suggest R.D. and Blueprint. Blueprint was his lyrical peak. Unplugged was suprisingly tight as hell too! The Roots killed that shit.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
I hated Vol 3, man. I thought the beats were trash for the most part. Too many back ups and shit. The "Jigga" bonus track is the shit though! Just personal preference, though. I'd strongly suggest R.D. and Blueprint. Blueprint was his lyrical peak. Unplugged was suprisingly tight as hell too! The Roots killed that shit.
Yeah the roots is what made it. I was a big blueprint fan from opening day but I rarely put it on anymore. After Black , I found the blueprint hook a lil corney. Hola hovito.... Girls remix was the shit though. Still is. oh , and I cant forget breath easy. Jean Grea murders those blueprint instrumentals on the destiny mixtape btw.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
Iron Man

Iron Man grasshopper

Yeah Danger Mouse is really a quite remarkable producer. I've got the Grey album too even though i hate Hov with a passion this sounds real nice shows Mouse his skill of mixing and producing.
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
tancen
Hip-Hop-Head

tancen grasshopper

i cant stand jay z and the production here isnt really very good... danger just took samples from white album, put in jays rap and some new beats. the white album is much better without jays monotone voice, so go buy the original beatles album if you dont have it already
Old 09-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #11
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

the black album is very good aswell wit the beats..he recruited greatly (9th samples r kelly dude) get it pleez
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #12
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

nah fuck all that you need reasonable doubt now. you're about to be blown out of the water listen to it start to finish do not skip a single track, and fucking listen to it.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancen View Post
i cant stand jay z and the production here isnt really very good... danger just took samples from white album, put in jays rap and some new beats. the white album is much better without jays monotone voice, so go buy the original beatles album if you dont have it already
Dangermouse took more than just samples, it took him 2 years to complete, almost drove him mad. I only got the album cause The Beatles White album is one of my all time favs.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
Pretty Toney
SAM GOLD

Pretty Toney grasshopper

grey album is poor soundquality.. most times the beat don´t fit to jay´s lyrics....
go download ZOO BABEES - THE Black & White album cuz that´s the best out of black and white... yea´h!
www.zoobabees.com

dedicated to wu tang
Pretty Toney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #15
benzo
Wu Vatican

The tracks fit great with the flows. He was point.