news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: rate it
5: Masterpiece 20 74.07%
4: Banger 6 22.22%
3: Good 0 0%
2: Boring 1 3.70%
1: Wackadoccious 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #31
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I never liked it that much. It's way too packed with standard post-97 Premo production, comes off as monotone to me. And excursions into different sounds didn't come off that good. And Guru came clean, as usual, but nothing more than that (IMO his shining moment was Daily Operation).

I give it a 8 - a really good album but not a classic.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #32
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

unbelivably the numb nutz in the hip hop room didnt jump all over this or they never seen the thread anyways..

http://pipomixes.blogspot.com/2008/0...-mixed-by.html

^^^^

heres an ill GangStarr mix along with many others.

ONGH

edit : i cant believe 2 ppl here. gave WHAT IM HERE 4 an 8/10 and 3.5/5?? damn . One of my fav. alltime Gangstarr joints

Last edited by Tony Bandana; 01-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Tony Bandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #33
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

One of the few groups(besides wu tang clan) that everytime an album drops i cop it. I think this was slept on by many...9/10 i have this one tied for 2nd with hard to earn. step into the arena being the best GS album.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ co-sign this is slept on album, and when it comes to rating I would give it 10/10 it's personal classic, beats are perfect and Guru came correct.
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #35
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

there all fuckin good ...from No More Mr Nice Guy to Da Ownerz .

especially in this day and age of low end hip hop quality records

Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #36
Ecuanime

Ecuanime shaolin monk

I remember when I was a youngin I would just listen to Above the Clouds, over and over again, like Radio Raheem and "Fight the Power."

Guru dropped crazy knowledge on this album, love his message on Royalty.

Anybody like his Jazzmatazz CD?
Ecuanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #37
nydomincan01

nydomincan01 shaolin monk
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
Three words

What I'm Here For... Classic shit
LOL. thats four words... FAIL!
nydomincan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #38
Matthew
MATEO

Matthew shaolin monk

great album not a Masterpiece however....

Last edited by Matthew; 09-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #39
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

wow...you yoyoz must have a different copy then mine,.

unbelivable this record is what 20 tracks deep ...i dont really recall skipping through 1.

record is just straight up proper hip hip ...with some unbelivable beats and messagss

Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #40
4th Chamber

4th Chamber grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
you really think this is worse than No More Mr. Nice Guy? You're fucking nuts man, just the title track alone makes the album a classic. Guru finally came hard with the lyrics, Primo's beats weren't as simplistic as previous albums, and had alot more feel to them, not just simple jazz melodys. This shit is top 10, a fuckin clasic
Word up! Moment of Truth is a classic and the production is second to none. Guru's lyrics were better than ever and Preemo made even better beats than before. 35 samples used for the whole album, nice!
4th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #41
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This album is a masterpiece. I don't expect it to get too much love from WuCorp but easily in my top 10 albums and I own over 3000.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #42
Ginnsey
Crazy Optician.

Ginnsey sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuanime View Post
I remember when I was a youngin I would just listen to Above the Clouds, over and over again, like Radio Raheem and "Fight the Power."

Guru dropped crazy knowledge on this album, love his message on Royalty.

Anybody like his Jazzmatazz CD?

Jazzmatazz is sick! No Hip Hop show ive been to compares to watching this shit live!! Mad Lyrics from Guru and then all of a sudden some guy comes on starts doin a crazy sax solo then a trumpet player takes over, then back to Guru!!

But Vol 3 and 4 are wack...... 1 and 2 are classic
Ginnsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #43
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
This album is a masterpiece. I don't expect it to get too much love from WuCorp but easily in my top 10 albums and I own over 3000.
You own all them albums on CD?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #44
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Over 4000 now. probably around 1000 burnt, rest cd/vinyl and probably a few hundred lost/stolen or never returned. these days though I dont buy too much, maybe only like 50 a year

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I was listening to Moment Of Truth today and i love the song Betrayal with Scarface. I was surprised they got to do a collabo with Scarface. I love the beat. I was looking at some of the comments in here about Moment Of Truth and i saw a guy say he didn't like the hook on The Mall. I didn't have a problem with the hook saying take money money, go shopping, make money money, go shopping. DJ Premier said no matter what the weather, winter, spring or fall, we be doing it and he sampled somebody saying the mall which kinda sounded like LL Cool J. LL did say i go to the mall and they throw my old tapes at me on Cheesy Rat Blues song. So Premier could've sampled his voice saying the mall from that song.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote