news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 AM   #1
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Good rappers Turning shit...

Why is it that almost all the rappers i grow up with that were ill ,turn shitty as ppl say

example:

Snoop-Back in the day he was Ill,Now he collabs with muthafuckas like Justin Timberlake and his rapping is weak.

Eminem-His old shit was Quality,now all he does is Bubblegum rapping bullshit,its whack.Doing songs about vomit and shit,wtf?

Ice Cube-He had some head bumpin shit that i could bump all tha time..now i cant stand his shit.

Dmx-Man he was my fav artist back in tha day,Grimey,Lyrics were real,even his party joints were bumpin,now when i hear his beats there wack to me,and his lyrics arent on point like they use too be.

All i can put it too is them growing as artists and having said all the lyrical content they can think of already,like..u can't repeat the shit uv'e said already in new songs,so they choose different styles to bring up new topics etc..yknow..who agrees.
Also with artists like eminem,his shit was Ill when he was hungry,his shit had meaning cause he wanted to make it that big..now that hes rich as fuck and made it were he wanted to be,he doesnt have to bother,he can make shitty Pop rap songs that kids love and still make millions off it without bothering..could go for other artists too.

Last edited by J-Cee; 08-31-2006 at 03:06 AM.
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Bep

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
mofo
ADEPT

mofo grasshopper

50 cent.
mobb deep.
mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

eminem and 50cent are the best examples I can think of
Old 08-31-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Mobb Deep (Prodigy)
Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ice Cube, if anyones a good example of "GONE HOLLYWOOD" it's him.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
CashRules
Everything Around Me

CashRules iron monkeyCashRules iron monkeyCashRules iron monkeyCashRules iron monkey

I thought Cubes new album was ok, not great but it was good enough, Mobb Deep without a doubt, The Infamous, Murda Musik & Hell On Earth are all dope as hell
Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
ed-word

ed-word grasshopper

yeah wtf? like rza for example, why the hell he chose his 36 chambers rapping style witch had a real good flow, grimy voice to his style where the flow is messed up and an ordinary voice? why the hell they chose to rap bad? the same with the beats..like why the hell is it hard to get a real clasiic beat? i think i can find a bunch of them on soundclick...
ed-word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

disagree with the DMX and ice cube, but some of what youre saying is on point. i wouldnt have agreed if i didnt here a new ice cube banger recently.

my list would be something like this :

camron
juelz santana
RZA
eminem
prodigy (not feelin the style of a new born child, sorry pa)
50 cent (went 100 percent bubblegum)
jeru the damaja (the last wu-tang show i went too he was booed instantly he just wasn't hanging, not to mention the dude puts out no work...whats even worth listening too that dropped after wrath of math?)
fleshbone(gay satan 666 shit wack gimmick oujia isn't real kids)

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
markd4213

markd4213 grasshopper

You know what it is, the money. Pop rap sells. I hate it and so does everyone here but most great rappers get rich, move out of the hood and try to sell out to the white majority. Not saying that all white people like pop rap but a lot do. I just think it is bad when I go to the streets to buy a mixtape and there is a ton of dudes from the bronx buying gay ass bootlegs. It is a shame. Anyway, the biggest disappointment to me is probably ll cool j because his old school raps was amazing and now he is soft.
markd4213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
The Wizzard
Stephen Strange _ZZ_

The Wizzard grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo View Post
50 cent.
Power of the Dollar was a tight album but besides that 50 was just shit.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:49 PM   #12
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
...jeru the damaja (the last wu-tang show i went too he was booed instantly he just wasn't hanging, not to mention the dude puts out no work...whats even worth listening too that dropped after wrath of math?)
I agree partially.Divine Design was weak but his new song Don't Get It Twisted featuring Lil Dap from Group Home is hot.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Outkast
The Roots
Common
QTip
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
LL Cool J
The Dogg Pound
Ludacris
Ceelo(former Goodie Mob member)
Onyx
Spice 1
Mobb Deep
50 Cent

These are the rappers i used to like but since they've gotten older, their music has gotten wack. I hate it when people say rappers shouldn't rap about the same thing every album and they should change their style. Why should rappers change their style? When rappers do change their style, that's when their music starts to suck. If every rapper kept their music hardcore instead of crossingover and going mainstream, i would still be a fan of the rappers i used to like. We must face the facts that the music industry is all about selling records and if you don't sell records, then the rappers don't make any money. Parrish Smith of EPMD did a very good article in The Source magazine a few years ago talking about why it's best for a rapper to be with a independent label. He said rappers are able to release their albums quicker and they make more money even if their records don't sell when you're on a independent label. I cut the article outta the magazine. It's a very good article for rappers that are trying to get signed. Parrish has a lot of knowledge about record companies. EPMD's Crossover song is excellent talking about rappers selling out just to sell records.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Jeru The Damaja got booed at a Wu Tang concert? Wow. I liked his Divine Design album.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #15
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

yup^^ it was in new york too, the reunion show, but a lot of the kids there were fake as hell, they had some horrible metal band open up for them too...it was a weird night but wu-tang held that shit DOWN

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote