news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-02-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
WuTangMaster

WuTangMaster grasshopper
Default State of Hip Hop as of 2006

I am concerned about the state of Hip Hop today. I feel that the genre has lost its way. It use to have meaning, it use to stand for something. Hip Hop use to be a way of life. My first real taste of Hip Hop was when I would listen to "The Wake Up Show". I learned about what it meant to be an MC, you had to have skills like KRS-One(Greatest Freestylist) for example. Their was a sense of respect for Hip Hop's past. Hip Hop's Golden Era for me would be 1988-1998, give or take. You had so much good rap music.

As soon as it became "mainstream" and "cool" to be a rapper, thats when it went down hill, and it has now spun out of control. Hip Hop now is all about the $$$. Heck, I can't even tell apart rappers nowadays, all the songs sound the same!!

I hope that makes some sense. I just want Hip Hop to go back to what made it great. The early Dr. Dre and Snoop are classics. Jay-Z, DMX, and a few others are some of cats that have still kept it real, everyone else are just pretenders, IMO

Thoughts?
WuTangMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
binary

binary grasshopper

no shit mr. obvious. The good cds are few and far between, and they barely sell.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:44 AM   #3
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

why is it when a guy has next to no post and he wants to talk about hip-hop this will invariably be the subject brought up? I guess you personally wasn't aware of that shit^, but this has been rehashed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over andoever and oever and over and over and over and over again. If you're interested in how people feel about it search for it, it's already been well-documentated.

Just look for "Hip-hop is dead" or some other variation, no offense to you directly, it's just the shit's played like last year's superbowl.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:09 AM   #4
WuTangMaster

WuTangMaster grasshopper

Sorry my bad
WuTangMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

lol he is new
but yeah its a recycled post

post up pics of ghostface's tits, you will get a better repsonse

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #6
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

^^lol
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

my thoughts? everyone who beleives hiphop is dead should stop listening to hiphop and stop trying to assosiate themselves with our culture. PEACE

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Another one of these threads? It is what it is
Old 09-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #9
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Today it's 97% R&B rap and 3% Hip-Hop. =/ People are so weak-minded.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #10
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
my thoughts? everyone who beleives hiphop is dead should stop listening to hiphop and stop trying to assosiate themselves with our culture. PEACE
my thoughts exactly!
no self respecting head could call hip hop dead,when theres a high number of bangin' albums coming out lately!!

hip hop is here to stay!!

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Today it's 97% R&B rap and 3% Hip-Hop. =/ People are so weak-minded.
It aint R&B's fault. Thats a odd statement when you think about the fact that there would be no hip hop without R&B. A majority of the first hip hop records grooves were sampled from wha...??? Come on now.

When that statement was made on the Wu Forever it was ment to be a comment that isnt even adaptable when you are speaking of the poor state of hip hop in 06.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #12
rubyspirit
Ridin' in the Wu-mobile

rubyspirit grasshopper

Do your duty - support and buy only good hip hop. Put the other fools out of business.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
Do your duty - support and buy only good hip hop. Put the other fools out of business.
if everyone thought like us man...
these guys dont understand,that we (the fans) determine what direction hip hop goes in.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #14
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
It aint R&B's fault. Thats a odd statement when you think about the fact that there would be no hip hop without R&B. A majority of the first hip hop records grooves were sampled from wha...??? Come on now.

When that statement was made on the Wu Forever it was ment to be a comment that isnt even adaptable when you are speaking of the poor state of hip hop in 06.
Nelly is a R&B rapper, G-Unit, Chighy, P-Diddy, Dem Franchiz Boyz, E-40 (now he is), Trina, T.I., and many more.

=/ R&B rap is the opposite of hip-hop. R&B rap is when a person, he/she, makes a song that is usually about material things, such as cars, jewerly, houses, shoes, clothes, eye glasses, and rims. Another topics include degrading women, mainly black women because they are known for their titays and ass. You can thank R&B rap for their stereotypes. Think about it. Most of the shit that you hear on the radio is talking about degrading women and material stuff. Like the song that's by E-40. "Shake that ass, and what are you going to do with this pussy" Dem Franchiz Boys. Their hit song was "In my white T" These guys have no fucking clue how to write a rhymes correctly, seriously. Hell, I can write rhymes better than them. If you don't believe me, go for a walk outside and see how many people are wearing 7x white T-shirts. Those guys look like fuckin' idiots wearing that shit.

I was ashamed when I mention the GZA/Genius to this girl about last week. She ask me "Who tha fuck is GZA?" I looked at her like "wft?" "You don't know who the GZA is? He's one of the co-founders of the Wu-Tang Clan for cryin' out loud. OMG". But she knew who 50 cent was. It's a shame, seriously.

R&B rap degrades black people if you think about it for a moment. I can't even remember the last time I watch 106 and park. That fuckin' show is polluted with R&B rap and ignorance, not hip-hop, which I love to listen too. It's a shame how I have to go to the internet so I can listen to real shit.

Fuck R&B rap. =/

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 09-03-2006 at 03:15 PM.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

G-unit is R&b LOL

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote