news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: how good were the beats?
classic production 22 28.21%
bangin 41 52.56%
average 11 14.10%
mediocre 3 3.85%
weak production 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default what do you think of the production on the W?

note this is about the production...the beats. dont come in this thread talking about guest appearances or the lyrics. PRODUCTION!

i thought Rza did a spectacular job laying down the tracks for this album. math blessed it with a gem as well. definately one of my favorite produced albums.

what say you?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Majority is great, but there are a couple of weaker beats. But still going with 'banging'
Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
Johnny Dust
I fuck you

Johnny Dust crouching tiger

I agree. Classic production.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Rash_o_Mon
Wella Fiend

Rash_o_Mon grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Rash_o_Mon

One Blood under W, Carefull (Click, Click), Jah World and Redbull are tracks that became classics with time, some i didn't even liked when i heard them the first time

P.E.A.C.E.

Rash_o_Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Classic production. the album has a sorta grimey feel to it but it's in the year 2g.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was left very dissapointed the first time I heard it but it grew on me after a while although to me the overall production was average at best, there was just too many patchy moments. Iron flag was worse though.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

I'll give a little comment on each track.

Chamber Music- Pretty banging beat, but it's really not that special. Intro scratching was a banging beat.

Careful- It's alright to me. Not classic grimy shit, like it's attempting to be.

Hollow Bones- Classic RZA. Favorite beat on album.

Redbull- Amateur. Not very fond of this beat.

One Blood- Very nice. Well done beat.

MC Conditioner- Not very good. Amateur again. Beat with GZA was sick.

Protecy Ya Neck- For being a more commercial beat it's pretty nice. Nothing great here.

Let My Niggas Live- It's so-so.

I Can't Go To Sleep- Well done here. Good from RZA.

Do Ya Really- Banger.

The Monument- Underrated here. Love the horns, and the drums and bass are spectacular, not some repetitive loop.

Gravel Pit- Banging for a commercial track.

Jah World- Another underrated produced song. Very somber feeling, well done. "Clap" is ok.

I vote average. To me, this is like "B" grade RZA. Lot of good things, nothing I was saying "wow" about. Regardless, "B" grade RZA is better than near everyone.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

weak
Old 09-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

i thought the production was nice for the most part, i skip like 3 songs though whenever i play it...Let My Niggaz Live's beat was pretty fuckin sweet in my opinion and Hollow Bones is prolly one of my favorite Wu songs..that and Jah World
drippie k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
A2x2K

A2x2K grasshopper

The thing I love about this album is that no 2 beats even sound remotely alike. If you just heard the beats you wouldn't know who made them off the bat, you'd just be like "damn thats a dope beat"
A2x2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
leaguer1
Tiger Style

leaguer1 grasshopper

other than a handful of tracks being bad? yeah it's great

the problem is you just can't pretend the bad tracks aren't there

Last edited by leaguer1; 09-02-2006 at 03:32 PM.
leaguer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #12
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

Some great beats, some crap ones.

Into -I wish this was a full track. I personally think this is the best Wu album intro ever. The sample "But they never harmed anyone..." then the beat kicks in. Sooo dope

Chamber Music- Good beat but shouldn't have been the first track,

Careful is so grimey and dark. I love that beat so much. Its a really simple beat but it fits the Wu so well.

Hollow Bones- Never liked this beat/song. That vocal sample gets hella annoying after about 10 seconds.

Redbull- Decent beat. Nothing special.

One Blood- Great beat. Really cool vibe the song creates. Keeps with the albums dark tone.

Conditioner- Crap beat.

Protect Ya Neck/Jump Off- Really like this beat. Sounds like vintage Wu. Gets even better when it switches up for U-God.

Let My Niggas Live- Weak. Dark beat but I just never liked this beat.

I Can't Go to Sleep- Great beat although Rza didn't change it that much from the original song, doesn't make it any less quality. Tearz 2000.

Do You Really- I used to like this beat a lot but it becomes less appealing the more I hear it.

Monument- Decent beat. Could have been better.

Gravel Pit- Kinda cool but the beat seems out of place on this album.

Jah World- Really like this beat, especially how it closes out the album. The singing from the intro followed by the kung fu sample then Junior Reed kicks in. Really finishes off the album well. Keeps that dark/forbodeing tone. Too bad the lyrics weren't up to snuff on the track.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

I voted classic production. Each and every beat on this is a gem in its own right. While this thread is not about lyrics or emceeing etc, Rza most definately picked and made the beats that would suit the Wu. Rae even said that for one of the tracks it took him a month to write the lyrics and that track came out classic showing that the beats not only sound good but challenged the emcee's too. Very well produced and very fitting to Wu Tangs first collective effort of the millenium.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #14
mightyhealthy
Veteran Member

mightyhealthy grasshopper

Classic production!
mightyhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #15
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper